The normal body temperature of a human should be 36.9o C, with small variations which are acceptable. No matter what the external weather conditions are like, the internal body temperature is actually maintained for the regular functioning of the body. Just in case, a person’s body temperature falls too low or rises too high (which may be due to innumerable reasons), it can bring about damage to his/her internal organs leading to poor health and fitness. Read on to find out ways to avoid extreme body heat…
Reasons for Body Heat
- Wearing tight or artificial clothing may trap water and produce ineffective decrease in heat
- Illnesses for example fever as well as infections
- An increased activity on the thyroid which raises the metabolic activity by the body processes and causes production of excess heat
- Strenuous workout or physical exercise
- Medical conditions for example seizures and muscular disabilities
- Certain drugs or stimulants for example amphetamines, cocaine and so on
- Neurological disorders can bring about excessive body heat even when sleeping
- Others factors which will result in increasing body heat are psoriasis, systemic sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, and eczema ( as these diseases can affect the normal process of sweating).
- Excessive contact with the sun can also result in high body temperature
How to remove Heat from the Body
- Stay away from hot and spicy food items
- Avoid fatty and fried foods (junk/fast foods)
- Stay away from caffeine & alcohol
- Follow a low sodium diet regime
- Use Coconut or Olive herbal oil for cooking than using almond,sesame & corn oil
- Do not use nuts in your daily diet as they are known in increasing the body temperature rapidly. Try to have them 2-3 times a week
- Try to follow a vegetarian diet regime or reduce your usage of red meat.
Home remedies for reducing body heat
- Drink a glass of fresh pomegranate juice mixed with a few drops of almond oil, every morning.
- Take a basin of cool water and soak your feet in it. This will help in reducing excessive heat from the body
- Eat a handful of poppy seeds before you to go to sleep to get good rest and to maintain normal body temperature during night times. Remember that poppy seeds contains opiates and should not be consumed in large quantity nor should be given to children.
- An easy home remedy to relieve body heat, eat a spoonful of fenugreek seeds on a daily basis.
- Add a tablespoon of honey in cold milk and have it on a daily basis for fast and effective results.
- Mix sandalwood with water or cold milk and make it into a fine paste. Apply this paste in your forehead and cheat. This is a proven technique to reduce excessive body temperature and cool the skin instantly. You may also want to add few drops of rosewater to the paste for attaining greater results.
- Add 2 tablespoons of clarifies butter to a glass of milk and have it daily. However, if you’ve high cholesterol, you should avoid this remedy.
- Vegetables that are high in vitamin C and also fruits like orange and sweet lemon that contains citrus in it, are excellent foods to relieve body temperature.
Foods that helps in reducing body heat
One on the easiest ways to stay hydrated in addition to controlling the body heat is by eating the kind of foods that help reduce body temperature naturally. These include:
- Cardamom – In line with the ancient practice of Ayurveda, using cardamom is the best way to relieve body temperature naturally. You can add cardamom in your tea as well as add as a flavoring agent in sweets and savory dishes.
- Peaches – Excessive body heat affects skin and often ends in rashes in addition to skin soreness. Peaches are generally known for containing vitamins A new, B2 and potassium content, which are essential for maintaining healthy skin and body. Dried peaches also helps in regulating the amount of heat produced by the body.
- Apricot – Drink a glass of apricot juice mixed with honey to cool the body temperature and quench the thirst.
- Buttermilk – Drinking buttermilk in Summer helps in providing your body with required probiotics, minerals and vitamins that may be depleted on account of excessive sweat.
- Watermelon – Watermelon is that one fruit that contains almost 95% of water and aids in reducing body heat immediately.
- Coconut water – Re-hydrate your body with a glass of coconut water as it helps in naturally balancing out the electrolytes in addition to regulating the body temperature.
- Other foods to help reduce body heat include cucumbers, bananas, sugarcane liquid, barley, citrus fruit juices and organic teas for example mint & fennel green tea.
Please consult your doctor in case your body temperature doesn’t normalize even after following these remedies.