Pimples have become a common problem to many individuals. It is generally affected to people having oily skin. But, there are many people who have a serious problem of pimples even in normal skin tones. It is quite natural for people in adolescent age to have pimples. But, even after coming out from this stage, pimples remains on faces of individual. This becomes quite alarming for girls studying in colleges as they feel ashamed to show their pimples when they are in public with their friends. Pimples are the inflammation of skin where the oil glands become affected by the bacteria. The primary cause behind this problem is excess sebum secretion by the oil glands. You can now get some home remedies for pimples.
Pimples are a normal skin condition that affects boys and girls especially during the adolescent period. They are inflammation of the skin are mostly found over the places like back as well as neck. They become painful zits are often filled with pus. They are not contagious but are embarrassing for the young girls and boys. Youngsters become conscious of their looks and lose their self-esteem.
Causes of pimples
Increased secretion of oil from the oil glands of the skin blocks the pores and cause pimples. The dead skin cells when not cleared also tend to block the pores. The physical and hormonal changes taking place in the teenager girls and boy’s body stimulate the sebaceous glands and increase the production of oil. Bacteria develop in the sebum that gets stuck behind the clogged pores which leads to the development of pimples. People who have increased production of the hormone testosterone have increased secretion of oil from the glands. When dead skin cells get stuck to the sebum, they block the pores. Some dairy products that are high in calcium and sugary treats are not suitable to some persons. They can lead to the development of pimples. Medicines containing androgen also cause pimples. Chemical contents in make-up products if not cleaned properly cause pimples. All makeup must be cleaned properly at night.
List of home remedies to treat pimples
You can easily get ice from your home refrigerator. If you want to get rid of the pimples quickly, just take few cube of ice and apply it on your pimples. It is really beneficial to improve the blood circulation in the pimples affected area. You can wrap the ice cubes in a piece of cloth and apply this on your skin. If you feel this to be very chilled, wait for some time and carry on with the process again.
People conscious about their health will always keep honey in their kitchen as they use the honey as a substitute to sugar. If you are one of the family members of such house, you will be easily benefitted with pimple treatment. Honey is a wonderful source through which you can easily get a speed up in healing procedure. Put a cotton ball in honey and apply it on the affected area of your face. Keep it for a period of half an hour and wash it away. It will be effective if washed in Luke warm water.
Lemon has many benefits with regards to beauty and health of individual. Even in curing pimples, lemon plans an important role. Since, lemon is a wonderful source of vitamin C, pimples can dry up very quickly. You should use only the fresh lemon juice by squeezing the slice of lemon. The lemon juice available in bottle has preservative and thus will be harmful for your skin.
By putting steam in the affected area, the pores of the skin will be opened.. This will readily allow the skin to breathe effectively. This is a wonderful procedure through which all dirt and oils trapped in form of pimples will be reduced. All infections as well as inflammation in your skin will be reduced. For this you have to take a large container and add water to boil. Once the water is boiled place the container in front of you and stoop down your face so that the steam touches your face. Now wash your face with Luke warm water and apply the oil free moisturizer. This will be a wonderful remedy to get rid of the pimples on your face if you do it regularly.
Honey and cinnamon paste
If you want to remove pimples from your face in a natural way make a natural paste of honey and cinnamon. You can get cinnamon powder from the market. You need to put a spoon of cinnamon powder and 2 spoons of honey. Mix both the ingredients well and apply over the places where you have pimples. Wait for 15 minutes and remove with water.
Egg white pimple remedy
You might not have heard or realize the remedy of pimples taken up by the egg white. You have to break a raw egg and take out the egg white portion. Now you have to whip the egg white and make them frothy. Also allow it to stay as it is. Now use that frothy egg white over your face. First make a layer and then after it is dry apply another layer. Do make 2-3 layers. Now let it dry for 20 minutes. Now wash your face with warm water and pat dry.
Ripe papaya for pimples
If you have pimple prone skin, ripe papaya will be a wonderful way to remove your pimples. You have to take small portion of a juicy ripe papaya. Now make a pulp of it. Apply the pulp over your face once your face is cleaned. Once applied you have to wait for 20 minutes till your skin absorbs juices. Now wash it with water. After your face is dry apply moisturizer so that your skin does not become dry.
Tea tree oil for pimples
Tea tree oil has been useful in a number of ways for beauty and health benefits. But the latest fact is about the pimples too. You can apply the tea tree oil with a cotton ball soaked in it over your skin where you have pimples. Let it stay for overnight and then remove it totally.
Some more homemade remedies for pimples
Regular use of some home remedies used to get rid pimples is simple, safe and effective. Some of these natural homemade remedies are
- Soak a cup of rice in water overnight. Remove the water in the morning and grind the grains into a paste. And add few drops of lemon juice in it. Apply this paste on the pimples and leave it for 20 minutes before washing.
- Grind nutmeg into powder and mix it with raw milk. Apply it on the affected area like a pack. Wash it off after an hour.
- Make a paste of cinnamon powder, lime juice and honey and apply it on the pimples at night. Wash the face in the morning.
- Dry orange peel powder can be made into a paste with water and applied on the pimples.
- Pimples with black buds can be removed by rubbing lime juice and groundnut oil on them.
- Neem leaves powder and turmeric can be mixed and used as a face pack to get rid of pimples.
- Rubbing of mashed garlic cloves on pimples is very effective in getting rid of pimples.
- Baking soda helps to exfoliate the excess oils and dirt from the skin which helps in getting rid of pimples. Apply a paste of baking powder and lime juice on the pimples and clean it after a couple of minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar can be applied on pimples after diluting it water or lemon juice. The pimples are seen to disappear in just after applying it once or twice.
- Mustard oil applied on pimples works wonders on pimples and acne. Mustard contains vitamin C, omega 3 and 6 fatty acid, salicylic acid and zinc which is very beneficial for the skin. Mustard powder or mustard paste used in cooking can also be applied on pimples. Mix a small amount of honey in them before applying them on the pimples as masks.
- Frozen strong tea is also helpful in treating pimples.
- Tomato pulp can also be applied on pimples two to three times a day to remove pimples.
- Neat lavender and tea tree essential oils can be used sometimes on the pimples. It is recommended that all essential oils must not be rubbed on the skin without diluting them.
- Calamine lotion is the best agent to apply on the pimples after cleansing the skin with a good natural astringent like rose water or lemon juice. Calamine lotion also helps in keeping the skin healthy.
- Aspirin tablet is a good healer for pimples. Crush the aspirin tablet and make a paste with little water. Apply it on the pimples and leave it for the night.
- Aloe Vera gel is known as one of the best ingredient to treat pimples. It does so with the help of the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties present in it. The pimples must be covered fully with Aloe Vera gel.
Pimples are treated as a temporary skin conditions that is generally viewed over the face of youngsters. Due to the hormonal changes this can take place. But recently study has found out that pimples are not just due to hormonal changes, there are many other reasons of getting pimples over the skin. Even the middle aged ladies and elders are seen problems due to pimples over their skin. Only the cosmetic ways and expensive products from the market might not be your solutions. There are varieties of homemade remedies that will help removing pimples in a safe and natural way.