Chapped lips are a result of exposure to extreme environmental factors like heat, cold winds and low humidity. . These lead to dehydration whichmakes the lips dry. Dry chapped lips can also be caused by some dietary deficiency or hormonal imbalance in the body.It is a common problem that affects people of all age’sespecially young children and elderly people. There can be a few persons suffering from this problem all the year round. Such cases should be handled by professionals as they may be a result of some serious health problems. Red and sore lips are an indication of bacterial or fungal infection. You need to take a step up and come forward to treat the chapped lips
We have been in the depths involving winter currently, which signifies bitter temperatures, dry air and frequently cracked and chapped lip area. Chapped lips might be unsightly and for a lot of they could be down correct painful! Hopefully the following pointers can offer some soothing answers to one involving winter’s almost all annoying troubles.
What causes chapped lip area?
Chapped lip area are primarily brought on by environmental components like lower humidity and cold oxygen, both that lead for you to dehydration. Buying enough licking your own lips might feel good initially, that could just make the illness worse (more with this later). Should you suffer year-round through chronic top dryness you should discuss it with all your doctor. Chronic dryness may very well be an indicator of other medical issues.
What should i do to help remedy chapped lip area?
Pick the suitable lip product – Top balms will help temporarily relieve dry, chapped lip area, but not all of them use the identical ingredients. Some ointments use feel (beeswax or microcrystalline wax) for the reason that primary component. While wax is a wonderful barrier and can help stop moisture through escaping your own lips, may very well not find it to become soothing if the lips are actually chapped. Petrolatum and lanolin are usually better moisturizers and I know find those to be more soothing. In addition, if you make use of lip balm nonetheless feel just like your lip area are chapped or irritated, you’ll want to look on the ingredients. Some top balms consist of fragrance and oils (like peppermint oil) which will be bothersome, or you may also be experiencing an allergic attack to one of many ingredients. My very best advice is to consider the label and have some fortitude. You may need to do some learning from your errors to find the correct balm for you.
Stop licking – I know, easier stated than accomplished. Saliva can bring about both dehydration, as well as irritation a result of the enzymes present which can be meant to support in food digestion. You may not even realize you are licking your own lips, so you might want to enlist the aid of a pal to gently mention when you are licking that may help you kick the habit.
Break the addiction – Chances are you’ll feel as if you are enslaved by your top balm and there may be actually many truth fot it sentiment. As it happens the instant moisturizing consequence of top balm sends an indication to your skin to quit producing clean skin tissue. This brings about drier lips if the lip product wears away. Of training, since your own lips experience dry again you should apply more lip balm as well as the cycle continues to repeat, possibly resulting in a mental addiction. Obviously, stopping cool turkey with lip balm may very well be quite hard and likely isn’t essential (particularly within the winter as soon as your lips likely do need any additional moisture through lip balm). On the other hand, this is an option for all of us wanting for you to break your own addiction!
Receive a prescription : If drugstore options are simply not operating, your doctor can prescribe a hydrocortisone ointment to assist relieve the pain.
Chapped lip area are hard to avoid in the cold cold months of winter. Experiment having a few top balms to find the best ingredient(s) for you and make an effort to kick the licking habit to keep lips looking and feeling the most beautiful!
Tips for chapped lips
- The most common way to cure dry lips is to use lip balm or petroleum gel. There are several other similar products available in the market which gives relief from sore and dry lips.
- A lip balm acts as a shield to protect the lipsfrom the heat of the sun, and windy cold or dry air. The balm will seal the cracks on the lips and prevent infection.
- Lips must be covered with a scarf duringwinter andfrom the hot dry air of summer.
- Do not pinch lips with fingertips to remove the dry skin. It can cause problems because the lips have a thin membrane which becomes dry very fast.
- Aloe Vera gel can be applied on the lips to preserve the moisture of the lips.
- A good amount of water must be taken to prevent dehydration in the body which can lead to cracked lips.
- A nutritious diet rich in minerals and vitamins is helpful in preventing scaling on dry lips.
- Coconut oil applied on lips helps to cure dried lips caused in winter.
- Lipsticks must be chosen with care. Ordinary brands of lipsticks can make the lips more dry and chapped.
- Smoking must be avoided as it can evaporate the oils from the lips.
- Fresh butter and warm ghee will also help to keep the lips smooth.
- Pressing of used tea bags against chapped lips is the oldest homemade remedy used to cure chapped lips.
- Milk cream and lemon juice mixture can be applied on the lips before retiring to bed at night.
- Jojoba oil is an effective treatment for crackedlips. It nurtures the skin cells on the lips and helps to regain the lost moisture.
- Rose water and honey can be applied daily on the lips for 15 minutes. They will help to bind the skin of the lips.
- Sugar and honey together make a good exfoliator to get rid of the dead skin cells of the lips and make them smooth and soft.
- Honey onits own has healing properties and it is a good moisturizer for the lips.
- Rose petals soaked in milk or glycerin can be made into a paste and applied on the lips to moisturize them and give a natural color to the lips.
- Cucumber slices can also be rubbed on chapped dry lips. It gives instant relief from irritation and burning of dry lips because of its coolingproperties.
- Castor oil provides immediate relief from dry and scaled lips.Simply apply castor oil onthe lips 3-4 times a day.
- Shea butter can be applied on the lips before going out in the sun, as it works as a natural shield against the harmful rays of the sun.
- Beeswax is a perfect ingredient to nourish and moisturize the thin layer of the membrane on the lips. It is known as the most effective non-allergic skin softener.
- Milk cream is a perfect natural lip moisturizer as it has high fat content. Leave the milk cream on the lips for 10 minutes before wiping it off with a soft cloth.
- Avoid hot, spicy and very salty foods till the chapped lips are completely cured. Acidic fruits like lemon, pineapple and vegetables like radish, ginger and tomato must be avoided. Relaxing warm drink and sweet desserts will provide comfort to the dry chapped lips.
- Avocado is natural moisturizer that helps to make the lips soft and smooth. Simply apply a paste of avocado on the lips and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- Avoid licking lips as it makes the lips drier by taking away the natural moisture. Saliva is good for digestion, but it can damage and build crackson the skin of the lips with its acids.
- Certain allergic tooth pastes or flavors in creams, balms and lipstick can also damage the delicate skin of the lips.
- Besides deficiency even excess of Vitamin E supplements can lead to peeling of the skin on the lips.