Menstruation is one of the natural processes of a female body. However, most of the young and middle-aged women feel pain and cramps due to this menstruation. You cannot concentrate on your work or do not like to go anywhere, when you have periods. While you are experiencing menstruation, you try to avoid attending party or any important seminar. To delay the periods, there are pills, available in medical store. However, these pills are not the safest options to a woman since they can affect the reproductive system. That is why you can better rely on the herbal solutions and easy home remedies.
Start to do physical workout
It’s the simplest and safest option for delaying your periods. You have to spend just thirty minutes every day for this workout session, and you will surely get the optimal result.
However, never give very high stress on the body since the capacity for withstanding the physical effort is different for every person. The increasing physical movements may turn out to be the reason behind your muscle ache.
You may better start to do stretching workouts instead of the heavy exercises. While you are accustomed to exercises, you may increase this workout duration. However, when you are doing these intense physical movements, you must eat some more foods for balancing the calorie loss. Aerobics and yoga are the best options to reach your target. These are also helpful for reducing the pain that you feel during the menstruation.
Keep away from the spicy dishes
The researchers have presented different views on the relation of two things- consumption of spicy items and effect on menstruation. Heat, present in these spicy foods, activates your periods.
To prepare the spicy dishes, we usually apply garlic, pepper, chilies, ginger and paprika. While you aim at pushing back your menstruation date, you have to avoid using these condiments in your foods.
Steps to delay periods naturally
Now, we like to make a list of those foods, which can hold back your periods:-
Lemon – It has the potential for delaying the period for ten days
Lemon, containing citric acid, helps you in playing a trick for postponing your period. Just keep on sucking the lemon juice or chew a piece for stopping the flow. However, you may have your lemon sap with some water, and this will never affect the result.
It is also true that the final effect can be different for every woman. Some women feel aching during the period for consuming lemon.
Thus, you can rely on lemon only when you are sure of the positive result.
Tips: You must have the lemon juice at least for a week.
Vinegar – For fighting against the early period
In most of the kitchens, vinegar is a very common ingredient, and we use it for our culinary purpose.
Steps for using vinegar
- Pour water into your glass and then, add vinegar (3 to 4 spoons) to it. Sip this solution minimum 3 to 4 times every day.
- Vinegar will cure various symptoms, related to menstruation.
Take this solution regularly for postponing your periods.
Gram lentils – Get the benefits from these pulses
Due to the good amount of protein content, pulses, like gram lentils, are healthy options to us. You can better fry some lentils to make them soft. Then, start grinding them for your consumption.
Steps for using pulses
- Add the lentil powder to your soup
- Pour some hot water into it; blend it thoroughly. There must not be the lumps of pulses.
- Take the soup for one week to get the result. You can try to have it while you have empty stomach.
Licorice Root – The best natural remedy
This root is effective at postponing your periods. At the same time, it has the properties for curing jaundice. The root contains few components, which prevent the contraction of uterine for delaying the periods.
Steps for using it
- You may consume the powdered form of licorice root.
- While having this powder, you can pour hot water to it. Then, drink this solution
- Another option for you is to consume this root by boiling it in water.
- Heat this root for fifteen minutes. Strain this water to sip it. Continue doing it for five days
Yarrow is one of the flowering herbs, known for treating the females’ hormonal complications. This is also effective for solving the piles issue.
For postponing periods, you have to follow these steps
- Look for yarrow tincture
- Make a solution by blending this tincture (five to six drops) and cold water
- You must drink it for minimum ten days
Gelatin – Interrupting your periods
It contains collagens and is useful for various purposes. Although it is known for enhancing your beauty, it is also good for reducing the estrogen level in the body. While the menstruation date is approaching, you may choose to have gelatin.
- Buy a standard size gelatin packet; pour hot water into gelatin and then start blending it.
- Consume it instantly for delaying period for 4 to 5 hours.
It’s an emergency solution to set back the period.
Parsley leaves – Nutrient-rich ingredient
These leaves contain lots of vitamins, and they help in strengthening the bones, immunity and nervous system. They are also good to remove much amount of fluids in our body. Most of the women do not know about the potentials of these leaves.
- Buy fresh parsley leaves and pluck them from your garden.
- Put those leaves into water. Then, start boiling it.
- Add honey and strain it. Drink this hot solution.
- Consume this solution for 2 to 3 times every day.
It can delay your menstruation, apart from making your reproductive system stronger. You will have no adverse effect from it.
- Put some raspberry leaves into water (two cups)
- Boil it for ten minutes; strain the water.
- Sip this solution two times daily for five days to get the effective result
It is known for its unique flavor. However, you will get benefits from its property.
- Take 20 grams of seeds in water.
- Heat it for ten minutes until the water amount gets reduced
Delay your periods and control your hormones with these seeds.
Have a cup of cinnamon tea
- Due to its astringent property, it is capable of delaying the menstruation date and reducing your cramps.
- Take water and cinnamon sticks
- Boil them in your oven
- Start straining this tea
- Sip it after 2 weeks of your previous period
- Soap some tamarinds overnight and make a pulp of those tamarinds. Add a little amount of salt to the water, blended with tamarind.
- For better taste, you may also add honey to this solution.
It is highly useful for its medicinal value and is able to regulate your hormone. Thus, you can make a solution by blending mango bark with water. Drink it twice every week.
Use mustard seeds for reducing the amount of estrogen in your body. Grind the seeds and consume the powder by combining it with hot milk.
If you want to delay your period, start consuming watermelons on a daily basis few days before your actual period date. The cooling property of a watermelon helps in dealing period for some days. Often because of climatic conditions, generation of excess heat takes place in our body and this excess heat might lead to the early period at times. As watermelon has cooling properties it might help in postponing your monthly period.
Similar to watermelon, cucumbers is also high in water content. Cucumber is effective in cooling our body and thus helps in delaying periods. For this remedy, all you have to do is start consuming 1 to 2 cucumber a day for a week before your period ’s date. By doing this you will be able to push your period for some days.
In addition to the above foods, you may eat yogurt, banana, resins, fish and omega 3-rich ingredients.
Thus, you have to know the right diet routine for delaying your period. To alter the menstruation date, you must make out what to eat every day. Most of the women mistakenly eat the foods that can cause early periods. These foods include-
- Turmeric tea
- Sesame seeds
- Pomegranate sap
- Dark chocolate
- Red meat
It is not always easy to deal with the menstruation issue or to control the date of periods. We have presented you with the best solutions that help in delaying your menstruation date. Lots of women have got the desired result from the herbs and natural ingredients that we have listed above. However, still, you may find difference in the intensity of the effects. While the above tips do not work for your case, you can try to massage your uterus part. This manipulation is also helpful in treating the cramps. Moreover, you must drink more water to reduce the flow.