Diaper rash is a common problem faced many of the infants; it is a kind of irritant dermatitis or an inflammation on the skin. It makes the kids get irritated and feel uncomfortable. Rashes occur due to the closed, moist and warm ambience of a diaper, the same area will becomes the birthplace for the growth of bacteria, fungus and yeast which is followed with rashes.
The most general reason for the build of rashes is the expose of skin to the diaper which is moist with urine. And some other reasons contributing for the rashes problem are poor laundry of diapers, low maintenance of hygiene, hot temperature, skin allergies, infrequent change of diapers, some irritating materials in diaper and so on. However there are many ways to cure the problem.
Diaper rashes are a common condition from which small babies suffer. This rash grows in warm, moist paces inthe baby’s diaper. They are usually caused by irritation from stool and urine, new foods sensitive skin, too-tight diaper, or antibiotics taken by the baby or the mother.They appear like red splotches on the baby’sbuttocks or likered scales in the genital area.Other Symptoms can include red skin, inflammation and even blisters.
Home remedies to treat diaper rashes
The best way to treat the diaper rashes is as follows:
- Don’t offer your kid diapers and other bottom garments whenever it is possible.
- When your baby is with a diaper check him frequently – whether he is dry and clean. If the diaper is wet and moist try to change it as early as possible.
- Avoid harsh baby wipes, some of the baby wipes are coming with alcohols and other chemical components which are not good for the sensitive skin of the baby, they may irritate the mild skin and strip the natural oils that are vital for the soft and smooth skin. So, choose the best brand while you are buying.
- Always clean your baby with a mild soap and shampoo to restrict the rashes. Rinse off with plain and clean water and use a soft cloth to pat your baby. These are the best tools to prevent the rashes in future.
- If your baby got a rash earlier then try to not use the soaps and other products that are having irritants. They may worse the condition and works too harsh on the sensitive skin of your baby. Instead of those, gently wash your baby’s bottom by holding them near the running tap.
- Oatmeal is a good remedy to cure various skin ailments, including the diaper rashes. Mix a half cup of oatmeal to the child bathing tub and soak your baby for four to five minutes. Frequently swish your hand in the water, in order to retain the oatmeal moving.
- Before switching your baby with the next diaper, make him dry by gently cleaning with a soft towel. Gently pat the skin instead of rubbing. Even after using a towel, don’t apply the diaper immediately leave him for five more minutes to become dry completely.
- If you want your baby dry and moisturized, try applying petroleum jelly to your baby’s bottom before wearing a diaper. It helps to retain the skin moisturized and good, it also acts like a barrier between the diaper moist and the skin.
- To treat a diaper rash, prepare a smooth paste from cornstarch and petroleum jelly. You can mix the equal parts of petroleum jelly and corn starch to serve on the rash.
Home remedies to treat diaper rashes
Vinegar is one of the best ingredients to balance out the extremely alkaline nature of the stale urine that can burn the baby’s skin. Rinse or wipe the baby’s buttocks with a diluted solution of vinegar while changing the diaper of the baby. Reusable cloth diapers can be rinsed in vinegar solution.
Baking soda has many healing properties that can treat diaper rash. Rinse the buttocks or wipe the buttocks with a solution of baking powder and water while changing the diaper. The baby can also be bathed in water with baking water added to it.
A thin layer of protective coating of petroleum jelly on the baby’s soft skin is perfect to treat diaper rash. Apply the jelly after washing, cleansing and drying the baby’s buttocks.
It has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which help to soothe and heal the rashes on the baby’s soft skin. It is a perfect moisturizer which can be rubbed several times a day on the baby’s buttocks.
Breast milk is the most effective and least expensive way to cure diaper rash. It has no allergic reaction and it helps in fighting infection and soothing the skinsimply rub a few drops of breast milk on the buttocks before using a new diaper.
The antifungal, anti-inflammatory and yeast-killing properties in Shea butter can help inpreventing andgetting rid of diaper rash.It also has some vegetable fats that helpto improve circulation, promote cell regeneration, and help heal rashes quickly. Wash and dry the buttocks well and apply Shea butter.
Plantain oil helps to relieve the pain of diaper rash and in treating diaper rash caused by allergic conditions. Crush plantain leaves and apply on the buttocks before changing the diaper. Alternatively apply plantain oil on the baby’s skin before putting on a fresh diaper.
French green clay
It is found to be very effective in treating diaper rash caused by a yeast infection. It also helps the rash from spreading to other parts of the body. Simply sprinkle French green clay on the baby’s buttocks before changing the diaper.
Olive oil is considered to be the best known natural cure for diaper rashes. It is the best oil for the skin of all ages. Mix olive oil and water and apply on the buttocks of the baby while changing the diaper.
It is a very powerful remedy for diaper rash. Apply egg white on the rashes and leave it for some time before washing it. Diaper rash is sure to disappear in a few days.