Some people have dry skin by birth where as others adopt it due to changes in their lifestyle and food they consume. Sometimes people with normal or oily skin may also get dry skin with age. Your skin needs enough hydration and water is the ultimate source of such hydration. Enough water supplies to your body will add strength and gives rise to hydration.
During the summer season when you sweat too much, your body loses enough water. This needs to be replaced with drinking water. It is always advisable to drink 4-5 liters of water everyday so that your stay hydrated and your skin won’t lose its moisturizing properties. There are also varieties of other remedies that can also keep your skin moisturized.
Dry skin is one of the common skin texture apart from oily, sensitive and combination skin. People with dry skin will often face the problems like regular itching, redness in the skin, flaky dead skin, scaling, cracking etc. The affects are common at the arms, lower legs,thighs, abdomen sides and at lips.
The above symptoms are due to the less oil content in the skin pores and also due to proper nutrition foster. Get the home made easy recipes to give new birth to your skin dullness and let it glitter like mirror!
- Olive oil contains of antioxidants and they resolves the skin from dryness and irritating skin diseases. By soaking cotton swabs on olive oil and applying it over the dry skin will relief out from the dry and flaky dead skin.
- Mix half tablespoon of lime juice, half tablespoon of olive oil with three tablespoons of sea salt, mix them all proper and scrub it on the face for five to ten minutes. It will remove the dead skin and converts the dry skin to a glowing skin.
- Apply the coconut oil to the face in direct manner and leave for the whole night, it gently decrease down the skin dryness.
- Take three tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of caster oil, mix them together with the finger tips and spread it over the face utterly. Squeeze a cloth which was dipped in warm water and wipe the oil with the cloth support and rinse off.
- Don’t call for soaps to wash your skin as the cleansing agents will deducts the natural oil present in the skin and makes the skin more dry.
- An ideal tip for the dry skin is to apply the honey to face. Apply it directly and allow it for 15 minutes, rinse off with normal water. It utterly moisturizes your skin and gives a smooth glow.
- Mix two egg yolks with 2 tablespoons of orange juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, few drops of rose water and few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your face in the morning for 20 minutes before you are taking the bath.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder with 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of grinded avocado and one tablespoons of maize flour. Apply the mixture as mask to your face and other parts of the body that you want to. Massage the mask over the skin and leaving it on for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water later.
- This face pack give you youthful glowing skin and minimizes the fine lines, scars, stretch marks and also protects the skin from environment effects like sun and pollution.
- Pick a ripe mango and peel off it. Make it into pieces and grind them, take three tablespoons of this paste and add it with argan oil. Mix together and dab it over the face. It gives a fantastic result of glowing skin. If you repeat this process two times a week it decreases the dead skin cells and brings new look to your dry skin.
Beauty tips to treat dry skin
When too much of dead skin layers gets accumulated over your skin, it can affect your skin and give rise to dryness. Thus it is always important to remove the dead skin layer from your face which is only possible through the process of exfoliation. You can either get some scrubbers from the market or use the same to exfoliate your skin or alternatively get a homemade exfoliate with the combination of sugar and olive oil. Apply it over your face and gently rub it to remove the dead skin layer. Then wash it simply with cold water.
You must be aware that milk cream contains good amount of fat which can now act as a moisturizer to your skin. It is really good for all individuals who have been suffering from dry skin. The exfoliation of dry skin has been possible due to the lactic acid present in it. The Ph level of your skin will be retained with the help of milk cream. You need to make a solution with two teaspoon of the milk cream, few drops of lemon juice and a single teaspoon of milk. This mixture should now be applied over your hand, face and legs to get it moisturized. If you can do this once in day, it will be easier to get your skin stay away from dryness.
Another wonderful skin protecting agent especially for people with dry skin can be made with the combination of gram flour and milk cream. You need to take 3 teaspoon of gram flour in a container and now add double the milk cream into it so that a thick paste is formed. You have to apply this paste over various portion of your skin such as face, legs and hands. Keep it for 15 minutes and remove it with the help of Luke warm water.
Honey is regarded as a natural moisturizer which will remove dryness from your face and skin without the involvement of chemical. Once you apply honey over your skin, the moisture will be locked in and will also make your skin very soft just like a baby. Even if you wish to improve the skin health, the mineral present in honey will be a wonder. You can now simply apply raw honey over your face and let it dry for 10 minutes. Wash your face after 10 minutes and enjoy the natural glow over your skin.
The natural fruit Avocado also works brilliantly when you skin becomes excessively dry. Since the fruit has the fatty acid, it will be ideal for all those with dry skin. Just cut avocado and take out the pulp from inside. Now apply this avocado pulp over your face thoroughly and wait for 10 to 15 minutes time. Once the time is over you can wash it away with the cold water. Alternatively you can also combine avocado with honey and apply over your skin to make it moisturized.
Almost everyone is aware of the fact that the almond oil is a wonderful source of vitamin E. Even this has been provided to be an excellent lubricator for the dry skin. Get some pure almond oil and heat it under the flame. Just pick it up once it has become Luke warm. This is a light moisturizer that can moisturize your skin easily.