Multani Mitti is the Indian term of Fuller’s Earth. It has been proven to be a miracle clay, which Indian women have enjoyed for enhancing their beauty. It looks like a khaki colored mud which is high with minerals and they make our skin glow instantly. It comes with amazing cleansing and bleaching properties, which is why women still rely on masks made of this and not opt for expensive parlor treatments. It is also known to absorb excess oil and lighten the skin tone. Let us now read some benefits and then some recipes to make our face look ever-glowing!
Benefits of multani mitti for face
- Multani mitti works a nice absorbent. It dissolves the dust and dirt, and reduces excess oil from the skin.
- The packs made of multani mitti leaves our face with a calming feel.
- It soothes sunburns if any and relieves our skin from irritation
- The mitti in inclusive of minerals which helps us heal acnes, marks left after acnes, wounds, etc.
- It works like an amazing lightening agent and is often referred to ‘bleaching clay’.
- It helps us treat enlarged pores.
- It works like a cooling agent and also dries the skin. This in turn soaks oiliness and reduces problems related to pimples, like redness, swelling and inflammation.
- It also has an anti-ageing property which reduces the wrinkles and fine lines. The mitti makes our face firmer reduce early sagging and dullness.
Face packs with multani mitti
Multani mitti with tomato and gram flour
This face pack revitalizes our skin. It will help you brighten your skin and reduce oiliness. Yes, it specifically designed for oily skinned women.
- You need 2 teaspoons of multani mitti
- With one ripe tomato
- 1 teaspoon of gram flour.
Mash the tomato and add the other two ingredients. Blend well and then apply the mix on your face. Let the skin absorb the ingredients for 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
- Benefits: Gram flour cleanses our skin and washes off the impurities from the surface. With tomato, you can heal all sorts of blemishes and intensify the tone of your skin.
Multani mitti with corn flour, yogurt and egg white
This face pack turns out to be a luxurious venture to lighten the skin with proteins, and brings an instant glow to your face.
- You need 2 teaspoons of multani mitti
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- 1 egg white
Blend the ingredients well and put by. Wash you face well and dab with towel. Now apply the face pack once, and then layer it once more. Let the goodness of the ingredients soak in. Wait till it dries completely and then wash it off with cold water.
- Benefits: this mitti is known to wash off the dirt from our skin, while the corn flour helps us whiten the skin tone and tighten the facial pores. You also nourish the skin cell with the corn flour and relieve your face from dryness with the yogurt. All these put together improves your facial glow and reduces dullness.
Multani mitti with cucumber and rose water
This refreshing pack with multani mitti helps us remove tan and would be a great face pack for summers!
- Take half a cucumber and slice it into 5-6 slices. Add it to the mixer and extract the juice.
- You need to add 2 teaspoons of multani mitti
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
Now the mix should be a smooth paste, so you need to blend well. Spread it on your face and let it dry. Rinse off the mix after 15 minutes.
- Benefits: this face pack lightens our skin tone due to cucumber extract. It sucks up the tanning and discoloration. Rose water adds the pinky touch and by now you know the benefits of multani mitti.
Multani mitti with orange juice
This face pack is for an instant flow. It is quite appropriate for a pre-party makeover.
- Take 2 teaspoons of multani mitti
- Add 4 tablespoons of cold orange juice
Blend well and apply all over your face. Wash it with cold water after 20 minutes and see the instant glow!
- Benefits: this easy and quick remedy helps you rejuvenate your skin. Orange has antioxidants along with Vitamin C content. It works like a nice tan removing agent and brightens the face with an instant glow. This can also be used regular to maintaining firm and light-toned skin.
Multani mitti, honey and grapes
This facial mask comes with multi benefits and it beautifies old and damaged skin.
- You need a handful of grapes
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of multani mitti
Mash the grapes and add the other two ingredients. Blend well till it forms a nice paste. Apply it on your face and then let it dry for 20 minutes. Wash with cold water.
- Benefits: this remedy is going to leave your face with a parlor like glow. This remedy detoxifies the skin and adds fairness for all types of skin. The anti-ageing properties in grapes help us restore back the elasticity of the skin. It reduces fine lines and makes it luminous. On the other hand, honey works as a moisturizing agent.
Multani mitti, lemon juice and coconut cream
This is a creamy face pack which has been designed for dull and damaged skin. It nourishes the skin deeply and locks the moisture in.
- You need 2 teaspoons of coconut milk cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of multani mitti
Mix the ingredients well and apply on your face. The pack has to sit for 20 minutes after which you can wash it off with cold water.
- Benefits: this coconut cream comes with whitening benefits for our face and adds life to dull skin. The pack will deeply nourish your skin and give a radiant glow.
Multani mitti, milk and aloe vera
This is one of the easiest and beneficial multani mitti face masks. This gives you skin an instant glow and makes it milky white.
- You need 1 tablespoon of multani mitti
- 2 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel
Mix multani mitti with the aloe vera gel and add cold milk. Blend them nicely and make a thick layer on your face. Let the ingredients dry for 15 minutes, after which you can wash it off.
- Benefits: milk reduces tannin and also evens our skin tone. With the goodness of aloe vera, we soothe our skin and reduce dark spots and scars. This remedy will give you a glowing complexion.
Multani mitti with sandalwood
This is another combination which is quick to make and apply. Just make sure that you get premium quality of both the ingredients and you’re sorted!
- You need 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth
- 2 tablespoons of good quality sandalwood powder
- 1 tablespoon of gram flour
Mix both the ingredients and add some water to make smooth paste. Apply it to your face and let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. Repeat once a week.
- Benefits: this combination does wonders for your skin since both of them are healthy for reducing skin problems. They reduce pimples and make the skin glow.
Multani mitti with papaya
Papaya is now just good to taste but they can make you look better too. Try out this remedy if you want an instant glow!
- You need about 5-6 pieces of papaya
- Added with 1 tablespoon of multani mitti
- 1 tablespoon of rich/pure honey
Mash pieces of papaya and add fuller’s earth. Add honey next and then make a smooth paste. Wash you face and then apply it to the skin. Let the pack try for 20 minutes after which you can wash it off.
- Benefits: Papaya works like an excellent anti-oxidant and provides vitamins of A and C. You are bound to get an instant glow which is why this pack is apt for an important event. Honey adds some smoothness to skin and heals dryness.
Multani mitti with turmeric
You need to obtain pure and rich turmeric and not use powders which we use for recipes. This can improve and make your skin look good for a long time.
- You need 2 tablespoons of multani mitti
- 1 tablespoon of pure turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Mix turmeric and fuller’s earth and then follow it up with honey to make the paste. Apply on face and neck and then let it dry for a while.
- Benefits: This is known to treat acnes and make your skin tone up. This is easy to prepare and is known to defy aging as well.