People with bad acne on their face are envious when they see clear skin. Even though there are many products available in the market, not everyone gets the benefits of it. Some of you have spent all your fortune on these products to make those ugly zits go away and lost hope. While for others, some products worked but left stubborn scars. Do not feel sad, essential oil will surely work for you. However, patience and consistency is the key to an effective treatment. Here I have gathered seven essential oils that will genuinely make you appreciate your own glowing clear face in near future. Grab one for you today.
Juniper berry essential oil
The toxins in the body appear in the form of acne on the face. Juniper Berry is extensively used for detoxification of the body. It has compounds like beta-pinene, p-cymene and alpha-pinene that exhibits antimicrobial properties to fight acne. Juniper proves to be the best home remedy to skin infections due to astringent properties. It acts as a cleanser by unclogging pores and oil. Use of this oil will eradicate acne and give you a flawless skin.
Juniper oil use:
- Cleanser: Dilute 2 drops of juniper oil in water and use it to wash face,
- Topical application: Take 2 drops of juniper, mix it with jojoba oil or coconut oil and massage gently. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash with warm water.
Tea tree essential oil
Tea tree oil is traditionally used to treat acne at the comfort of your home. It does the work due to antibacterial and anti-fungal properties in it. When the bacteria accumulation on the face is eliminated, one could easily prevent breakouts and heal acne. Studies show that use of tea tree oil showed positive results in about 6 weeks, the acne lesions were reduced. Not only that, the fading of acne scars was noticeable in the patients.
Tea tree oil use:
- Dilute a few drops of tea tree oil with other carrier oils like olive oil or coconut oil. Dab a cotton and rub on the acne.Let it sit for 10 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- Make sure to avoid excess use of tea tree oil as it could cause dryness.
Lavender essential oil
Lavender oil has rapid healing properties. It has been effective in dark spot treatment, acne scar elimination and acne treatment. Lavender oil is a de-stressor that prevents breakouts related to stress. Like all other essential oils, this oil also possesses antimicrobial and antifungal properties. The aroma plays a vital role in combating hormonal acne. Lavender oil has a sedative effect on the body, which relaxes the mind and puts it into a good sleep. It rejuvenates skin and fosters natural radiant skin.
Lavender oil use:
- Inhalation: Inhale aroma from 2 drops of lavender oil to relieve stress, anxiety and get a peaceful mood.
- Topical use: Direct application of lavender oil is safe for skin. Dab your fingers into 2 drops of oil and apply on acne and scars. You could keep it in a bottle wherever you go.
Carly sage oil
Carly sage oil is beneficial in treating acne and blemishes. It possesses antibacterial properties that alleviate bacteria and help the healing of acne. This oil also controls sebum production, which minimizes the occurrence of breakouts. Carly sage oil spreads peace in mind, balances hormone, and reduces stress and anxiety. Research on Carly sage oil proved that it reduces stress hormone cortisol to assist acne treatment.
Carly sage oil use:
- Massage: Mix equal portions of Carly sage oil and coconut oil. Massage in the circular motion to unclog pores and alleviate bacteria.
- Diffuse: Add 3 drops of this oil to a diffuser to get good sleep and reduce stress.
Lemongrass oil has antimicrobial properties, which makes it efficient to treat acne. It has vitamin A and vitamin E that are excellent for skin repair and rejuvenation. Application of this oil lightens acne scars and firms up open pores. A lemongrass oil diffused bath can soothe your body and relieve stress. Hence, alleviate stress hormonal acne. In addition, this oil is also a complete blessing to sensitive skin. It protects the skin from harmful allergic reactions.
Lemongrass oil use:
- Bath: Add 5 to 8 drops of lemongrass oil into bathing warm water for relaxation.
- Topical use: Use cotton balls to apply lemongrass oil on your acne and scars. Wash off after 10 minutes. Avoid sunlight after applying this oil.
Those who have acne scars, you can swear on this oil. It has antibacterial properties that eradicate bacteria and prevents future breakouts. The anti-inflammatory components support healing of existing acne and scars. A regular use of this oil will help you regain firm and toned skin.It is beneficial to eliminate ageing signs like wrinkles and lines under eyes. A must oil that should always follow you in your beauty kit.
Frankincense oil use:
- Mix frankincense oil with olive oil to increase effectiveness and avoid skin irritation. Massage gently until the oil penetrates. Use hot water steam to cleanse the oil.
Bergamot essential oil
Bergamot essential oil finds its place in treating acne, scars and blemishes due to the citrus content. It works magically in clearing scars and dark spots. It has antiseptic properties that help in healing acne and prevents future occurrence. It has properties to soothe redness and reduce the size of acne. It is beneficial for oily skin as a cleanser and revitalizer. The tarty scent of this oil uplifts your mood and stimulates secretion of happy hormones.
Bergamot oil use:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Cleanse your face with warm water. Apply 2 drops of bergamot oil and massage well before going to bed. Wash off in the morning.