Blisters are really painful about which people complain repeatedly. Like every disease, this is also a health condition that arises due to deficiency of some vitamins. This can also take place when you accidentally bite your tongue or inner part of your cheeks with your teeth. There are also many more causes of this health condition such as burning of tongue, food allergies, mouth ulcers and viral infections. The deficiency of vitamin C can be one of the reasons behind tongue blister. Some people also get this skin condition due to some medication which is already in process. There can be several patterns of tongue blisters. Some are of skin color; some are yellow with red lines etc. People feel really irritating as it makes your food consumption difficult. Let us find out some ways with the help of which we can treat this problem in natural way.
How to cure blisters on tongue
Blisters are one of the very painful infections that can cause to any human being. Both adults and children might get this blister in their mouth, lips, inner portion of your mouth and on your tongue. Having blisters on your tongue can make you feel irritated and you may not be able to eat food properly, because blisters can hurt. When you get a blister in your mouth you may want to get rid of it as soon as possible by trying any remedy. There a number of remedies that you can try at your home to reduce the pain, inflammation and to get rid of these painful blisters.
1) You should drink lots of water every day that can reduce the formation of blisters. Keep a bottled filled with water near you so that you will not forget to drink and you will not feel lazy to go get water all the time. Moreover, drinking water can always keep your tongue wet that can help in reducing the pain.
2) Gargle using cool water with salt that can help in cleaning your tongue to get rid of the bacteria present on your in your mouth. Do this two to three time a day to get a great relief. Gargling with salt water can also keep your mouth fresh and clean.
3) When you blisters on your tongue, try to consume foods that are cold like ice creams, juices etc. This can help in keeping your mouth tongue moist.
4) Refrain from having hot drinks like tea coffee and do not have spicy food while having blisters on your tongue. Eating spicy food and drinking hot tea or coffee can give you more pain.
5) If you are using a mouth wash, then stop using it while having blisters to avoid any infection spreading in your mouth. You can use tea leaf oil to reduce the spreading of the germs or bacteria.
6) In your daily diet, you can add more ginger and garlic that can help in reducing blister formation in your mouth. You can add more ginger and garlic to the food you make every day, so that it won’t be difficult for you to consume them.
These are some of the measures that you can follow to avoid or reduce the blisters on your tongue. Brush and clean your mouth twice a day. Eat good food that are rich in vitamins and nutrients and avoid drinks like pepsi, coke etc that can cause acidity in your stomach. You cannot even speak properly when you have blister on your tongue and that can irritate you to the core. So immediately try these remedies at home as soon as possible as the ingredients of these remedies can be found at your finger tip. You can advice you friends or any family members to try these remedies when they have a blister formation. These remedies are sure to cure your painful blisters and you will feel the magic of these remedies within a day.
Home remedies to treat blister on tongue
Baking soda remedy
It is very common and effective remedy to treat your blister over your tongue. Since this ingredient is readily available with mother at her kitchen, you can use it to treat blister. You have to take a cup of warm water and add a teaspoon of baking soda. Now mix them well and cover the solution around your mouth after taking a sip of it. Keep it for 3 minutes and split away. Repeat this process to stay away from mouth blisters.
You must have heard about Aloe Vera which is a very useful plant that grows anywhere in your locality between the shrubs. This can also be a wonderful remedy for mouth blisters. All you have to do is pluck a leaf from Aloe Vera plant and take out the gel like substance from there. Apply that gel over the blister directly and leave for 5 minutes. Then rinse the mouth with Luke warm water.
Ice will create numbness over your skin and will provide a soothing effect over the portion where you have the formation of blister. You just need to rub the ice cube against the mouth blister and get relief from Pin. If you cannot hold it for a long time due to extreme cold temperature, all you have to do is wrap it with a cotton cloth and then rub it against the blister. Since it will create numbness over the particular portion, relief from pain can be easily possible.
The antiseptic property of turmeric work well to cure the blister forming over your mouth and lips. Turmeric powder is always used in Indian kitchen as it has medicinal value and will protect you from various types of diseases. To get an instant remedy, all you have to do is mix the turmeric powder in a teaspoon of honey Now apply the particular paste over the blister formed on your mouth surface. This has to be kept for 3 minutes and then remove it from the place with simple wash. Repeated this 3 times in a day will give you quick effect.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
For curing blisters on tongue salt is a very good option as it decreases inflammation and pain. It can even prevent infection by killing bacteria.
- Stir by mixing 1 cup of lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- For at least 30 seconds swish this solution in your mouth before spitting it out.
- After this, for a minute directly on the blisters apply a pinch of salt and using warm water rinse your mouth.
- Until the blisters are treated repeat this process 4 to 5 times every day.
Blisters caused due to canker sores can be cured by hydrogen peroxide. It can kill bacteria decreasing the chances of infection by its strong antibacterial and disinfectant properties. Only 3 per cent of hydrogen peroxide should be used.
- Equal amounts of warm water should be mixed with hydrogen peroxide.
- Using a clean cotton swab it should be applied on the blisters.
- Rinse you mouth using warm water after leaving it on for two minutes.
- Practice this few times every day.
Note: Make sure that you don’t use a large amount as only a small amount is required.
Basil is another herb used to cure blisters. Basil’s antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties help in lowering symptoms such as inflammation and pain. The healing process also increases due to basil.
- Wash few leaves of basil.
- Chew thoroughly some leaves and then swallow it and sip a little water.
- For at least 3 to 4 days do this twice.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil can cure blisters on tongue effectively by its antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- To a cup of water add a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Twice use this solution as a mouthwash until a few days.
Coriander can very effectively cure tongue blisters by relieving the inflammation and pain accompanied by its strong anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- In a cup of water boil 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds or leaves.
- Rinse your mouth using the solution after straining it.
- Practice this 3 to 4 times per day until the blisters get cured.
Lack of vitamin B can also cause blisters on tongue. This can be cured by eating food rich in vitamin B. Further occurrence of blisters can also be cured by this.
- Eat dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt and others which are rich in vitamin B and food like whole grains, eggs, salmon, oats, bran, avocados, bananas, turkey and liver.
- For improvement you can also take supplements of vitamin B.
- Try to avoid foods which are spicy or acidic when you have blisters on tongue. Also do not eat too much sweet.
- The healing process will slow down if you scratch the blisters using your teeth so do not try it.
- For reducing the pain drink lots of cold water, cold milk or fruit juices.
- When you have blisters on tongue try to maintain good oral hygiene. Regularly brush your teeth and to remove excess bacteria or irritants use mouthwash.
- Eat soft foods as they are easier to chew.
- In your daily diet add more ginger and garlic.
- Avoid hot drinks like tea or coffee.
- Avoid using sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) containing toothpaste in case you get very frequent blisters on tongue.
If the tongue blisters lasts more than two weeks then immediately go to your doctor to know the cause and accordingly cure it.