Pus cells in urine indicate some type of infection. Pus is thick glue like substance which is whitish or yellowish or slightly green in color. Pus in urine signifies that there is an infection in the lower or upper urinary tract. . Pus cells are made up of dead white blood cells and other cellular matter.In men it can be quite a severe condition.
If a urine sample includes excessive pus cells, it is normally known as Pyuria. It is a stage from where you can get serious problem of bladder, kidney and urinary tract can appear. This certain condition takes place when there are good amount of dead white blood cells and bacteria. This gives rise to numerous infections. Male can stay in good health if the pus cells are up to 5. But for women it should be numbered to 10. Pus is generally name of a thick fluid which appears like glue. The color of the pus will be yellowish, whitish or green. There are causes of such problems some of which are urinary tract infection and sexually transmitted disease.
Causes of pus cells in urine
The two most common causes for the presence of pus cells in urine are
- Urinary tract infection or UTI—UTI is more common in women because their urethra is shorter than men. Diseases like diabetes increase the chances of urinary tract infection. The urinary tract consists of the kidneys, ureters urinary bladder and urethra.
- Sexually transmitted diseases—can trigger pus cells in the urine of men or women who are prone to sexually transmitted diseases.
Some other causes for pus in urine can be-
- Fungal infections
- Chemical poisoning
- Viral infections
- Anaerobic bacterial infection
- Kidney stones
- Infection in prostate glands in men
- Tuberculosis of the urinary tract
- Cancer of the urinary organs or genital organs
Sometimes pus cells in urine also result from old age and pregnancy. Some medications can also develop pus in urine.
Home remedies for pus cells in urine
- Water and other fluids –Drinking lots of liquid helps to increase the urine output, which helps in flushing out the bacteria causing infection in the urinary tract. Other liquids include fruit juices, coconut water, vegetable juices, and fruits and vegetables with high content of water like watermelon and cucumber. Vitamins and minerals in the liquids help to strengthen the defense system
- Baking Soda -Baking soda helps in balancing acid-alkaline nature of urine by making it more of alkaline. ½ teaspoon in water taken twice a day can cure the infection in the initial stage.
- Cranberries Juice has long been associated with the treatment of urinary tract infection (UTI). These two compounds fructose and proanthocyanid in present in cranberries prevent and cure UTI by getting rid of infectious bacteria as well as pus cells.
- Vitamin C –is essential for supporting the defense system of the body in fighting off infections. High amounts of Vitamin C inhibit the growth of bacteria by acidifying the urine. Fruits vegetables rich in Vitamin C include oranges, guavas, bananas, pineapple, kiwifruit, broccoli and grapefruit.
- Wood Apple (Bael) is used by Ayurveda to treat several diseases. It is a rich source of citric malic, and tannic acids along with a host of vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, riboflavin and niacin. It protects the body against microbial and viral infections. A glass of wood apple pulp with milk and sugar taken 2-3 times a day helps people suffering from frequent feeling of urination.
- Cucumber Juice contains is 95 % water and a whole lot of nutrients. Its water content makes it a natural diuretic which flushes out the body of toxins including pus cells.
- Coriander Seeds is not only carminative but also has some diuretic effects. Coriander seeds that have tremendous nutritional value as they are rich in vitamins and minerals. The seeds have been used by Ayurveda and Chinese Traditional Medicine to treat kidney and bladder problems since ages.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry) is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. It can help to boost immunity and protect the body against any infection. It is especially useful in throwing toxins out of the body. It is helpful in reducing pus cells in the urine and also in curing other urinary problems.
- Onion help to clean pus cells present in the urine. Onions have anti –inflammatory, antiseptic, antifungal, anticoagulant, analgesic and several other properties. It can prevent water retention and is helpful in getting rid of toxins from the body.
- Holy Basil is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-viral, antioxidant and diuretic. It is found to be a good option for detoxification. Traditionally, basil is used to prevent kidney stones and for the treatment of pus cells in the urine.
- Yogurt contains good bacteria that fights off bad bacteria to get you rid of infections including urinary tract infection. Yogurt has mild diuretic effects and so helps in flushing out toxins.
- Garlic is considered a natural antibiotic since long.. This herb boosts the immune system and protects the body against recurring infections.
Home remedies for pus cells in urine
The Indian name being Uva Ursi, the name of this remedy is also known as bearberry. This home remedy is really effective as it is worth in preventing problems like pyelonephritis, urethritis, cystitis etc. This also helps in getting your urine infection detoxified. It helps in making your urination process frequently. You need to boil a cup of water and add a spoon of dried Uvra Ursi leaves. Let it soap for 15 minutes. Drink this water daily to reduce pus cell in urine. It is effective for both and women facing such trouble.
This is another effective home remedies that will help you stay away from pus cell infection. Since this remedy contains vitamin D, A and C, along with phosphorous, magnesium and calcium, it will be very healthy for you. For this, you have to boil a cup of water and drop two leaves of the particular home ingredient i.e watercress. Switch off the oven and cover the separator. Let it soak for 10 minutes. Steve and drink the water.
Cucumber has great properties that help in treating the problem of pus cells in urine. It is a natural fruit with potassium, silica, magnesium, sodium and various vitamins. It helps in neutralizing acid inside your urine. You need to take out juice from the cucumber by using a blender. Now add half teaspoon of lemon and honey in it. You need to consume this mixture 3 times in a day to stay away from such urinary infection. It is much better than the medicine and drug based medication. You can get the remedy of pus cell problem in a natural way.