Dark circles are referred as the dark patches on the skin under your eyes. Also known as dark shadows or rings, these are mainly caused due to hereditary, prolonged crying, aging, lack of sleep, working for long hours, mental stress, dry skin, physical stress, unhealthy diet and spending most of your time in front of computer. There isn’t any particular age group for appearance of dark circles in men. Dark circles maybe caused due to stress, upsurge of toxins due to lack of sleep. It is the outcome of enlargement of blood vessels right beneath the skin under your eyes. Dark circles may be caused due to hereditary which is observed in male mostly. The skin under the eyes is very thin, mostly transparent which makes the dark patches look more prominent. Except hereditary and aging the other reasons can be prevented for avoiding dark circles. Aging and hereditary are the two things which you cannot avoid as both are natural processes, but can take necessary measures to heal them.
Dark circles are the result of hyper pigmentation which is activated by genetics, constant eye-rubbing and sun exposure. These are most common among men having African American and Asian skin tone. They can also be generated from oxygenated blood amalgamated beneath the skin under your eyes. The skin over here is very thin, almost transparent which lets the blood shows through it. You can easily notice it in the morning when you wake up from sleep, as when you’ve been sleeping for a particular span of time, fluids build up in the veins and these veins expand to store more blood. Dark circles aren’t at all a serious skin problem which cannot be cured nor needs some special attention. Dark circles harm your appearance as it makes you look exhausted, older, tired and unhealthy or sick. Up next we have listed some of the ways to get rid of dark circles in male which will help you reduce or remove unsightly dark rings under your eyes.
Ways to get rid of dark circles fast in male
Turmeric which is best known as an age long remedy for most of skin problems is a very effective remedy to get rid of dark circles under your eyes. The anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties present in turmeric help cure dark circles under your eyes. It also gives a soothing effect and softens the skin which adds more glamour to your face.
- In a bowl of pineapple juice add 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Make a thick paste and apply it on the dark patches.
- Before cleaning it away with a soft, damp cloth let it dry for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Apply this method daily until you get rid of dark circles.
Being a natural bleaching agent, tomatoes are very much helpful in reducing dark circles.
- Take 1 teaspoon of tomato juice and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix them and tenderly dab this mixture on the dark circles with a cotton ball.
- Allow it to soak for 10 to 12 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.
- Apply this solution twice a day until you get rid of dark circles under your eyes.
- Alternatively you can also imbibe a glass of tomato juice. Add some lemon juice, salt and mint leaves to it.
- Drink it right after making it.
- Consume it twice a day for 10 days at least.
Raw potatoes are packed with natural bleaching agents who help reduce or remove dark patches under eyes. It is a useful element when it comes to cleansing the skin.
- Extract some potato juice by grating it.
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and dab it all over the affected portion of your eyes.
- Make sure that you dab the juice soaked cotton ball on the dark rings under your eyes as well as on the eyelids.
- Rinse the entire portion where you applied the juice with cool water.
- Repeat this process twice on a daily basis for about 3 to 4 weeks.
- Alternatively, you can also apply thick potato slices to remove or reduce dark circles instead of using the juice.
Cucumbers contain mild astringent properties which help fix those raccoon eyes naturally and acts as a skin-lightening agent. It also gives a soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a cucumber into equal thick slices and let them freeze for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Place the chilled slices on the affected portion and keep them for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with water after 10 minutes and repeat it twice a day.
- Alternatively you can mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts to make a solution.
- Take a cotton ball to dab the solution on the dark circles under your eyes.
- Rinse it off with cool water after 15 minutes.
- Apply these procedures for a week or two.
Rose water being an incredible component for healing skin issues rejuvenates the skin and delivers a soothing effect on the skin around your eyes. It works as a skin toning element due to the mild astringent properties present in it.
- Bathe a cotton eye pad in pure rose water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Close your eyes and put the soaked eye pads on them.
- Let the skin absorb the rose water for 15 minutes.
- Apply this method twice daily for a week or two.
The skin lightening properties and the presence of vitamin C in lemon juice makes it a natural agent to remove dark circles effectively.
- To apply the juice on your skin, dab it with a cotton ball.
- Wash it off after 10 minutes of applying the juice.
- Alternatively you can make a thick paste by mixing 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, turmeric powder and a dash of gram flour commonly known as besan with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Put this thick paste lightly around your eyes on the affected portion.
- Wash it off with cool and clean water after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this method thrice every week on alternative days.
Almond oil is a natural moisturizer which reduces dark circles and gives you a soft and soothing skin. When packed with vitamin E oil, it helps in curing dark patches around your eyes.
- Apply a small amount of almond oil on the dark circles and tenderly massage it before going off to sleep.
- Let the skin soak the oil overnight.
- Wash it off with cool water when you wake up in the morning.
- To get rid of dark circles, apply this method every night before going to bed.
The presence of antioxidants and caffeine in tea helps fight skin problems and reduce or remove dark circles lying under the skin of your eyes. It works on the affect skin brilliantly, by reducing fluid retention and shrinking the blood vessels. The discoloration is particularly sorted by the tannins present in tea.
- Freeze 2 used black or green tea bags in the refrigerator for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Close your eyes and place the chilled tea bags on each of the eyes.
- Take away the tea bags and wash your face exactly after 15 minutes.
- Apply this process once a day for a week or two.