Rice Water is one of the biggest skin care secrets of Asia. Rice water skin care is an amazing solution for many skin care issues that is cheap and most importantly effective.It can be used forall types of skin. The craze of rice water is catching up fast throughout the world because of its health and skin and hair care benefits. Following are some of the important facts associated with rice water.
What is rice water?
Rice water has been used for centuries by women in Asia for beautiful skin and hair. It is an excellent skin toner and hair wash
How to make it?
You need to save the water in which you wash your rice. You can store it in a bottle and refrigerate it for a few days; we recommend not to keep it in there for more than 3-4 days because it may develop a bad odor
There are a number of ways that people use rice water for. It is been used to steam the face, in masks and just splashed on the face in the mornings or night times. You may use it as a toner, plan on using it to steam your face. The rice masks are usually made of rice powder, however combining it with rice water makes a compressed face mask. Drop the compressed mask into the rice water; it soaks up all the goodies and turns into a sheet mask. After which you may leave on your face for 20 – 30 minutes
Benefits of rice for beautiful skin
Rice extract is helpful in increasing the production of collagen maintaining skin elasticity.
Its Chemical structure helps in regeneration and reduces dead or damaged skin cells . Rice contains oryzanol substances that can help renew the skin pigment and useful to counteract ultraviolet
Rice that contains Vitamin E nourishes the skin and makes it look younger.
Ferulic acid in rice is helpful as it acts as an antioxidant to protect skin free from radicals
Rice contains oryzanol substances that can help renew the skin pigment and useful to counteract ultraviolet
Benefits of rice for beautiful hair
Washing hair with rice water is regarded as to be a great conditioner. Immediately after shampooing your hair, rinse hair with rice water for 30 seconds. Wash it off with water once again. As rice water is wealthy in vitamin B, it makes hair soft, silky and shiny.
Place 1 cup of uncooked rice in a bowl and cover with water.
Swirl the rice around until the water becomes cloudy.
Drain the water from the rice through a colander.
Cleanse hair, and then pour the rice water along hair and scalp. Rinse after 2 minutes.
Rice contains large amounts of starch which will lighten the skin over a period of time. In some countries women that worked in the fields covered themselves with rice water on a daily basis to keep their complexion fair. The quickest way to apply rice water to the skin is by boiling grains of white rice in a pot of water.
A warm compress is one of the best to spot treatments for acne, especially the kind of pimples that are big, deep, and painful like cysts. When applied frequently throughout the day, a warm compress can help emulsify the clog in your pore and help your skin clear the pimple out faster. It is not a guaranteed solution to get rid of acne, but it certainly helps with pesky zits and is a low-cost, low-risk spot treatment to try.
Here is where a “rice sock” warm compress saves the day!
A “rice sock” warm compress can be re-used and re-heated frequently. It retains heat for a long time and is not messy to use. Best of all, it is extremely cheap and easy to make.
Here are the 3 simple things you need to make this warm compress:
1 clean sock with no holes in it
1/3 cup of uncooked rice (or a small handful)
- A microwave
How to obtain rice water?
- Rice water can be used in many forms by beauty experts. Rice water obtained from soaking raw rice for 30 minutes can be used as a skin toner.
- Another method to get rice water is to boil the rice and use the extra left over water this is also known as mand in Hindi. It is considered to be more beneficial for health hair and skin. It is full of nutritional benefits. It can be used to drink, used as a face wash or hair wash. Rice water is also available in health food stores selling cosmetics. This water can be stored in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and used as a face mask and face toner.
- Fermented rice water can be made from rice water obtained by soaking raw rice or the left over water of cooked rice. Collect a bottle of rice water and leave it to ferment under room temperature for 24 hours. Now boil the fermented rice over high heat to stop the fermentation process. Let it cool and add 3 tablespoons of tea tree lavender or rosemary essential oils. This water can be stored in the refrigerator and used for hair wash and face wash for about seven days. This water is rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamin E and traces of a substance produced during the fermentation process. These nutrients in the rice water help to heal scars reduce wrinkles, inflammation and fine lines. Washing the hair with fermented rice water brings more shine to the hair and makes them soft, strong, and healthy.
Rice water skin care benefits
Apply rice water with cotton balls dampened in it and then rubbed over the face and neck in circular motion. Then wash off the face with more rice water.
- Rice water can give the skin a flawless porcelain finish and lighten and whiten the skin over a period of time.It is helpful in removing hyperpigmentation, age spots, and sun spots. It helps to reduce the size of the pores and give a firm texture to the skin.
- Rice water is full of skin loving vitamins, minerals, especially antioxidants like ferullic acid and allantoin that has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin.
- Rice Water is an excellent skin toner that helps to keep the skin smooth. It also helps to heal acne and cools the redness of pimples. It acts as an astringent on the skin for tightening the pores. The steam from the cooking of rice can be used to open pores and clean the dirt and impurities of the skin.
Hair care benefits of rice water
Pour rice water after shampooing and gently massage the scalp. Leave it for 5 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
- Rice water has amazing hair care benefits. Recent researches have shown that rice water helps in improving hair elasticity. Rice water contains a carbohydrate –inositol that helps to repair damaged hair.
- Rinsing or washing hair with rice water will improve manageability and protect it from future damage.
- The amino acids, vitamins and minerals in the rice water strengthen the hair roots, add body and shine and condition the scalp and hair.
- Rinsing hair with rice water also brings shine to the hair and helps to keep it strong and healthy
- Rice water makes a great conditioner for the hair. A few drops of essential oils such as rosemary, lavender or tea tree can be added to it for extra nourishment to the hair.
- It can also be used in place of regular shampoo. Amla or shikakai powder can be added to rice water for better cleansing
The health benefits of rice water
- Consumption of rice water instantly energizes the body because of the high concentration of carbohydrates in it.
- It provides instant relief from diarrhoea and prevents constipation.
- It is found to be useful in treating gastroenteritis.
- It prevents cancer and controls high blood pressure.
- It is helpful in preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- It reduces the internal heat of the body.