It has been proven that, anemia is not restricted to only one type. Rather, there are different varieties of anemia that can be life threatening if not diagnosed properly. If an individual with anemia has too little oxygen, it can lead to damage of organs. Your heart must work really hard to make up the red blood cells or the hemoglobin in your body. If you cannot treat anemia at an initial stage, it can also lead to the failure of heart. You can now prevent anemia in following ways,
Consuming food rich in iron
There are varieties of food items which are rich in iron. These are oyster, fish, lentils, dried fruits, cereals, green leafy vegetables such as spinach, red meat of the lean variety, raisins etc.
Foods that absorbs iron
You must also have a look at the food and drinks which helps absorbing irons such as broccoli, orange juice, strawberries, etc. These are the food items that are rich in vitamin C.
You can also consume adequate quantity of folic acid that helps in including enough iron in your body. You can now get folic acids in some food. It is available in the form of tablets in reputed medical stores.
Calcium is a nutrient that is really important for building bones and teeth stronger. If you have a problem of anemia enough of calcium in your diet can also make it effective. Your condition can be improved with inclusion of enough calcium in your diet.
Extend of iron needed by individual every day
It is very important for every individual to know about the amount of iron needed by them every year. Your food should be well balanced with all types of nutrients in it where iron also plays an important role. There are some people who have a risk of getting low iron level in their body. It includes child bearing women, females with child bearing age and teenage girls. Iron content in their body must be higher than normal people every day. There is a good chance that they can become anemic. You can now easily get medical options through which anemia can be treated. You must consult the health practitioners and doctors today.
As we all know that prevention is better than cure, you must be really eager to know about the ways through which anemia can be prevented. If a member of your family is affected with anemia, you must not be only tensed about that particular member, along with his or her treatment; you should also get ready and proceed towards the treatment mechanism of other members of your family.
The food items that helps in preventing anemia
- Lentils and beans
- Red meat
- Dried fruits such as raisins, apricots and prunes
- Breads/cereals with iron
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach
Home remedies to treat anemia
It is good to proceed towards the home remedies rather than taking medicines and carrying on with other healthcare facilities. Some of the tips are as follows:
- You must drink and eat food that can help absorb iron such as broccoli, strawberries , vegetables, orange juice etc
- It will be important for you to consume enough vitamin B12 and folic acid along with your diet
- If you are having a habit of consuming coffee and tea along with the meals, you must leave the habit today as it will be harder for your body to absorb coffee
- The choice of your food must be balanced. You must make a choice of food items in such a way that there should be enough of iron and vitamins.
- Some people who consumes too much of calcium must avoid it when they are suffering from anemia as it will be quite hard for the absorption of iron. You can also consult with your doctor to get calcium without affecting the iron content in your body
Before going through the remedies and treatment of anemia, it will also be important to check whether the lady is pregnant or not. The dosage of iron and anemia treatment pills will be far different with the non pregnant lady.