Pregnancy is a time when a female blossom into a woman and looks forward to become a mother. There is an experience that she has never felt before which prepares her to feel the new life growing in her body. There are many advice given by elders and other experienced mothers.
It must be remembered that the diet of a pregnant woman should include all healthy and nutritious foods like spinach, broccoli, lentils, beans, eggs, curd and milk. Along with this there are fruits that help in keeping the baby and mother healthy during summer.
Fruits during pregnancy in summer
- Apples are good for pregnant women. It contains many necessary nutrients and vitamins like malic acid, tannin and fiber. Apple is helpful in the development of the fetus and good for the digestive system. It helps in getting rid of anemia and pale skin.
- Dragon fruit is a popular fruit in summer that is sweet, sour and cool and helps in reducing sputum in pregnant women.
- Plum helps in reducing the heat in the body and in decreasing thirsty on hot days.
- Cherry is rich in iron, carotene, Vitamins B1, B2, C, Calcium and Phosphorous. It helps in strengthening the blood and in improving the digestive function in the body. Cherry also helps in giving a healthy and white skin to the developing baby.
- Strawberry is rich in Vitamin C and helps in controlling colds. It stimulates appetite and helps in melting fat in the foods.
- Grapes are one of the richest fruit beneficial for pregnant women. They are full of Vitamin C, A, Calcium, organic acid iron and phosphorous. They are highly beneficial to women suffering from anemia, low blood pressure and weakness.
- Banana is a healthy fruit for pregnant women. Bananas help in flushing the toxins from the body. They are a natural in treating irregular bowel movements and support the digestion process.
- Mangoes are mostly available during summer. Mangoes are not just delicious, but healthy too. It mostly helps in digestion. Mangoes are rich in Vitamin A and C that are healthy for pregnant women. It is a perfect complement to both sweet and savory dishes. You can have it like smoothies, or soups, chop it up in slices or relishes, simply scoop, and enjoy in summer.
- Sweet lime reduces nausea, morning sickness, and some other problems during pregnancy. Citrus fruits are loaded with antioxidants that are good for baby. Lemons help to get rid of nausea and removes morning sickness during pregnancy. Lemon cleanse the body and flushes out toxins. Oranges are rich in vitamin C and nutrients that helps in indigestion. They are sweet and tangy that are perfect flavors during pregnant.
- Kiwis are ripe and tasty. They are the most important nutrients like Vitamin C, E, A, potassium, phosphorous, folic acid, magnesium and dietary fiber. Kiwis are most healing effects on the human respiratory system. It is less affected by cough, cold, and wheezing if you eat them daily also. Kiwi helps in lesser blood clotting because of the richness in phosphorous content. It also has felicitates that are easy absorption of iron.
- Avocados are a great source of fiber, Vitamin B6, potassium, Vitamin C and nutrient dense fruit. It is filled with healthy monounsaturated fats, these are the good fats that help to protect against heart disease. An avocado helps to fight morning sickness. It helps your baby’s brain and tissue growth. But avocados are high in fat and calories, which makes you filling.
- Apricots are consumed as a drupe fruit and are tasty. Apricots are rich in Vitamin A, C, E, beta carotene, phosphorous, silicon, calcium, iron and potassium. They are loaded with nutrients and are rich sources of iron. It can also prevent anemia.
- Guava is a tropical fruit that helps you love most by biting while you are pregnant. It helps to regulate your immune system and blood pressure during pregnancy. Guava is rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, iso-flavonoids, carotenoids and polyphenols. It helps in easy digestion and providing strength to your growing baby’s nervous system.
Healthy summer juices for pregnant women
Fruit juice is very good and nutritious for the health of pregnant women who require healthy fluids to avoid the common problems of dehydration and constipation during summer. Fruit juices soften the stools, cleanses the body by flushing the toxins out of the body and keeping the body hydrated.
- Watermelon juice is very rich in water and helps to keep the body cool during pregnancy
- Sweet lime juice provides a cooling effect to the body and helps in digestion, constipation and nausea that are very common problem during pregnancy.
- Lemon juice keeps one hydrated,and helps in fighting nausea and morning sickness. It also flushes out the toxins from the body.
- Low fat milk is healthy and nutritious for pregnant women. It is rich in calcium and iron.
- Mint water is a healthy fluid that provides a cooling effect and cures nausea and vomiting in a natural manner.
- Summer is the season of mangoes. A moderate amount of mango juice or milk shake is beneficial during pregnancy.