Fissures are a common condition which happens to both men and women. They are troublesome and painful, and sometimes lead to embarrassment too. People refer cracked heels to be a sign of low hygiene and foot care. Although, there can be numerous factors which trigger this condition. Sometimes they mean nutritional deficiency, which is why it needs deeper care and maintenance.
For several people, cracked heels are an embarrassment, which means that they deviate from the fact that it is a health condition they need to take care of. Fissures are immensely painful and that can hinder you from walking or standing with ease. You might stop wearing your favorite footwear and things just keep getting worse with time.
[ Hindi version ]
Men don’t think about their feet as much as women do, because they tend to have a few types of shoes for regular wear. If you know you’re going to have your feet locks up in office-wear shoes, you know that your cracks won’t be visible. Women on the contrary might have to be a little more concerned because they tend to shift from slippers to heels, and they are anyway more conscious on these aspects.
We have specifically posted this article for men’s cracked heels, so that you can get an idea about how to have it heeled. It is better to prevent your condition from worsening than to wait for the risks to flow in more.
If you are in the condition where your feet are severely cracked and you want immediate care, you should follow the following remedies and heal your condition. These will work at any level of your fissures and heal you fast. Repeat regularly for speedy recovery:
- Use a file or pumice stone as that could be the easiest for you. Soak feet in warm water and sit for 20 minutes. This process softens the skin and makes it easier for you use the pumice stone. Rub your cracked feel gently and then apply moisturizing cream. When you use the cream, let your feet sit for 20 minute straight. Let this get absorbed in the skin after which you’d wear a pair of socks and go off to bed! This process will help you keep your feet moisturized and you will see them heal soon.
- You can make a foot mask for yourself too. Take a bucket of warm water and dip your feet. Add some salt, glycerin, rose water and lemon juice. Soak the feet for 20 minutes and then use the pumice stone. Gently have your heels scrubbed. Now apply 1 teaspoon of diluted glycerin with 1 teaspoon of lemon extract and rose water. Apply it to your feet and go to bed. See the difference next morning.
- Honey is an amazing ingredient when it comes to health. From having it consumed to having it applied externally honey actually does wonders for us. It has antibacterial properties which can heal your fissures soon. You need to take 2-3 tablespoons of ground rice and add honey to it. Add some apple cider vinegar to make a paste. If you have dry heels you can add some olive or sweet almond oil too. Soak feet in warm water for around 10 minutes and then gently have it scrubbed. Remove dead skin and see them come back to life!
- You can use olive oil and honey for healing cracked heels. Both of these can be singly applied on the affected areas and then rubbed. Massage the fissures gently and leave them overnight. They will be less pained in the next morning and will soon soften too.
- Take one ripe banana with avocado and make a paste. Blend well and then have them applied to the zones. Let the mix stay for 15 minutes and then wash with warm water. Repeat the treatment everyday and you will heal your condition soon.
- Dehydration can be one of the main reasons that trigger this condition. You will have to make sure that you keep your body hydrated. Healthy eating reflects through a fit and healthy body, which is why it is important to follow a proper diet and not have lots of water juices and water included in it!
[ Hindi version ]