The skin type which gets easily irritated by the sun rays, cosmetic products, environmental pollution and weather changes is ‘sensitive skin’. Many women have sensitive skin and they need to be too choosy while opting the skin care products otherwise they develop rashes and other skin problems.
Apart from the artificial skin care products there are many natural skin treatments that have a long way to go. These treatments involve with homely products and don’t call for irritation and other harmful effects which you usually note while using the chemical based skin products.
Sensitive skin is used to describe the skin condition of people who get blotchy, itchy, or stinging skin when exposed to extreme hot or cold weather. Causes of irritation can also be due to certain medicines or chemicals in beauty products that do not suit the skin. A sensitive skin can be oily, dry or normal skin.
A sensitive skin is very delicate and requires extra care. It is recommended to use natural homemade masks and packs made from natural ingredients that help to soothe the skin.
Homemade face packs for sensitive skin
Honey and carrot face pack
- One to two tablespoons of honey
- Two cooked carrots
How to make
Cook two carrots for a few minutes, make them paste by using your fingertips or a spoon. Now add one to two tablespoons of honey in the paste and mix it. Before applying this face mask to your face, wash your face with plain water. Now apply the face pack and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. And then rinse off with plain water and pat the skin with a smooth cloth.
The moisturizing agents of honey, add moisture to your skin and helps to make it smooth and supple. Carrots are loaded with many vitamins and nutrients that works great on the sensitive skin.
Almond and egg face pack
- One egg
- Four to five almonds
How to make
Take the almonds and grind them into a paste, add the egg to the almond paste and mix them to turn it into to a thin paste. Spread this paste on your face and leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off your face with plain water and then pat.
This face mask works ideal for the people whose skin type is dry and sensitive. Try this pack before going to bed to get the best results. Egg makes the skin firm and tight, by which it protects the skin from wrinkles and fine lines. The egg is also known for its nourishment and smoothing properties. Almonds are the richest sources of vitamins and minerals, the application of almonds helps to improve the skin glow and is good for the overall health of the skin.
Banana and egg white face mask
- One egg white
- Half banana
- One tablespoon of curd
How to make
Take a half portion of banana in a bowl and mash it to form a smooth paste, check that the paste is not having any lumps. Now add one egg white and one tablespoon of curd to it, mix with a spoon to get a smooth paste. Apply this mixture on your face and allow it to dry. After it got dried rinse off the face with lukewarm water to get the glowing skin.
Curd is mild and has soothing and moisturizing properties. Curd works against the general skin problems like acne, blemishes and rashes. Where as banana moisturizes the skin and helps to make the skin supple. This face pack makes the skin smooth and soft, it reduces the dullness and brings a new glow to your skin. So, try it for once in a week.
Cucumber and lime juice face mask for sensitive skin
Cucumber also has a great skin lighting effect which helps in healing the sunburns too. Do you want to get best skin lightning face pack for oily skin? Why delay, start mixing theboth.
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cucumber juice
- 1 tbsp glycerine (for dry skin)
How to make
Mix all the ingredients and apply on the face. You can apply under and around eyesalso. Use cotton balls for applying this mixture. Apply this mask daily for a week for best results. This is best recommended for oily and dry skins. Those who have dry skin can add a little glycerine.
The entire face masks that are mentioned above are used for gaining fair and glowing skin. You can observe effective results after using it for a period of time.
Facial masks and packs for sensitive skin
- Oatmeal and yogurt face pack Mix the yogurt and oatmeal to form a thick paste. Then apply this thick pack to the face and leave it for about 15 minutes till it dries completely. Use a steamed cloth or a hot wet towel to clean the face.
- Milk lemon juice and turmeric pack Mix lemon juice and raw milk in a bowl and add a pinch of turmeric to it. Apply this pack on the face and leave it to dry on its own. Then wash the face with cold water.
- Sandalwood faces pack Mix red sandalwood powder and rosewater to make a fine paste. Spread it on a clean face and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and pat the face dry. This pack also helps to reduce the production of excess oil from the skin glands.
- Yogurt besan face pack for oily skin Besan is the best ingredient for sensitive skin. It can be used with curd for oily skin and with full cream milk for dry skin. Few drops of honey and a pinch of turmeric for better results
- Coco mask is ideal for those who have dry skin and oily zones. Prepare this mask by mixing Cocoa powder, honey, oatmeal and coconut milk into a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the face and rinse it well after 20 minutes…
- Yogurt and rose face pack Mix yogurt, honey, rose water and a cup of rose petals in a bowl. And apply all over the face to rinse it after 20 minutes.
- Rose face pack Make a smooth paste using rose petals, oats and water. Before applying the pack, wash the face with raw milk and dab it with cotton pad dipped in rose water. When the face dries apply the paste. Wash it with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Rose petal and oats paste is a suitable paste for sensitive skin belonging to any type of skin. It is useful in getting rid of the redness caused by enlarged capillaries.
- Tomato face pack is best for skin that is sensitive to the heat of summer. Mix tomato juice and curd into a paste and apply it on the face. Leave it for 20 before washing it with cold water.
- Neem, tulsi and yogurt pack is especially meant for the oily skinned people who are prone to pimples. Crush the leaves of neem and tulsi in distilled water and add some yogurt to it. Apply this paste on the face and rinse it after 20 minutes.
- Sapota or chiku and milk face pack is suitable for sensitive skin that is of combinationtype. Take the flesh of the sapota fruit, mash it and add some milk to it. Use it on the face as any other fruit pack.
- Wheat bran and honey face pack Mix wheat husk or wheat bran with some honey to get a paste of smooth consistency. Apply this pack on the face and remove when it is dry.
- Marigold face pack marigold is a flower which can heal the sensitive skin gently. Crush marigold flower petals and make a paste with milk. Apply the pack on the face and wash after 15 minutes.
- Honey cinnamon summer face pack is an ideal pack for skin that is prone to blackheads and whiteheads. It helps to opens the clogged pores which reduces the chances of eruptions on the cheek, nose and forehead.
- Ginger juice face pack is effective in removing and lightening marks from the sensitive skin. Mix ginger juice with honey and apply it on the face after massaging it for a while. Wash it off after 20 minutes.