If you are in search of an ingredient that would cater to all your beauty needs, then what can be better than lemons? All you need to do is to squeeze out some fresh lemon juice and use it on the affected area to get smooth, supple and flawless skin.
Lemons are easily available and this citric fruit is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Phosphorus and Carbohydrates. The fruit acids are good for skin and are very productive in enhancing your beauty.
Tips on using lemon juice for a glowing and flawless skin
- Get rid of of dark spots and pigmentation- Citrus fruits, particularly lemons, are immensely good for healing dark spots, age spots and freckles. Just apply the lemon juice on the affected area and you would notice a decrease of the spots over time. The citric acid present in lemons helps in bleaching and clarifying the skin.
- Use Lemon juice to heal acne- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice extract and dilute it with some water. Apply it on the affected area with the help of a cotton pad. You can leave it for about fifteen minutes and then wash off with clean cold water. Regular usage of lemon juice helps in healing acne. Apart from this one could also have a glass of lemon water daily to clean their system internally and thus attain a glowing acne-free skin. Take a glass of lukewarm water and add 3 tbsp on lemon juice in it. You can also add honey to this mixture, just to make it a lil yummy.
- Use Lemon Juice for skin whitening- As mentioned earlier, lemon contains citrus acid in it which acts as a natural bleaching component. The bleaching properties in it helps to brighten the color of your skin. Ass 2 tbsp of lemon juice to 3 tbsp of water, mix it well and apply it on the entire face and neck. Leave it on for 30 mins and wash it off with col water. Repeat this procedure daily to attain greater results within a short span of time. If you want t,o you can even add a tbsp honey to this mixture, this will help in decreasing any kind of skin irritation.
- Get rid of pimple- Lemons are one of the best known remedies to lighten the pimple marks. Just scrub the lemon rind on your face and leave it for about ten minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Repeat this procedure for a couple of days till you can notice some changes.
- Lemons for removing blackheads- Direct application of fresh lemon juice extract on blackheads helps in removing them effectively. The citric component in the lemon helps in reducing the blackhead-causing oils in your skin.
- Lemons for discolored elbows- Rub the lemon rind on the discolored elbows. this will help in reducing the dark patches on your elbows.
- Lemons for fasteners- Take fresh lemon juice in a basin and drop your finger fasteners in it. Stay like that for about fifteen minutes and allow the minerals to be soaked by your fasteners. Do it frequently before you go to bed. This helps in increasing the growth of protein and keratin in the fasteners and makes them wholesome and stronger.
Lemon juice Skincare Recipes:
- Almond Oil Anti-Wrinkle Mask- Add a spoon of honey to a tsp lemon juice extract. To this mixture add a few of drops of almond oil. Mix it well and apply it as a mask on the face and neck.
- Honey Mask for dry skin- Mix lemon juice extract, honey and olive oil in equal amounts and apply it on your skin to get rid of dryness and to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- Sugar scrub- Take the juice of half a lemon and add two spoons of sugar granules to it. Use it as a scrub to exfoliate your dull skin. The scrub is effective in attaining smoother skin and removing dark spots.
- Egg Mask for oily skin- Mix a spoon of lemon juice with egg white and grape juice extract. This pack helps in maing your skin soft and glowing.