If you are in search of an ingredient that would cater to all your beauty needs, then what can be better than lemons? All you need to do is to squeeze out some fresh lemon juice and use it on the affected area to get smooth, supple and flawless skin.
Lemons are easily available and this citric fruit is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Phosphorus and Carbohydrates. The fruit acids are good for skin and are very productive in enhancing your beauty.
Lemon juice is naturally rich with fruity acids and natural sugars. Lemon juice contains a number of beneficial nutrients, which helps to improve the health of the skin and body. It can be used internally for many health benefits and used externally for many skin care products. Lemon is fantastic for the skin. The natural acids of lemon gently remove dead skin cells and lighten age spots, unwanted freckles and clears facial discolorations. The acidity content absorbs the oiliness and cleans the pores without stripping the skin of its natural oil balance.
Tips on using lemon juice for a glowing and flawless skin
Get rid of of dark spots and pigmentation
Citrus fruits, particularly lemons, are immensely good for healing dark spots, age spots and freckles. Just apply the lemon juice on the affected area and you would notice a decrease of the spots over time. The citric acid present in lemons helps in bleaching and clarifying the skin.
Use Lemon juice to heal acne
Squeeze some fresh lemon juice extract and dilute it with some water. Apply it on the affected area with the help of a cotton pad. You can leave it for about fifteen minutes and then wash off with clean cold water. Regular usage of lemon juice helps in healing acne. Apart from this one could also have a glass of lemon water daily to clean their system internally and thus attain a glowing acne-free skin. Take a glass of lukewarm water and add 3 tbsp on lemon juice in it. You can also add honey to this mixture, just to make it a lil yummy.
Use Lemon Juice for skin whitening
As mentioned earlier, lemon contains citrus acid in it which acts as a natural bleaching component. The bleaching properties in it helps to brighten the color of your skin. Ass 2 tbsp of lemon juice to 3 tbsp of water, mix it well and apply it on the entire face and neck. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off with col water. Repeat this procedure daily to attain greater results within a short span of time. If you want t,o you can even add a tbsp honey to this mixture, this will help in decreasing any kind of skin irritation.
Get rid of pimple
Lemons are one of the best known remedies to lighten the pimple marks. Just scrub the lemon rind on your face and leave it for about ten minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Repeat this procedure for a couple of days till you can notice some changes.
Lemons for removing blackheads
Direct application of fresh lemon juice extract on blackheads helps in removing them effectively. The citric component in the lemon helps in reducing the blackhead-causing oils in your skin.
Lemons for discolored elbows
Rub the lemon rind on the discolored elbows. this will help in reducing the dark patches on your elbows.
Lemons for fasteners
Take fresh lemon juice in a basin and drop your finger fasteners in it. Stay like that for about fifteen minutes and allow the minerals to be soaked by your fasteners. Do it frequently before you go to bed. This helps in increasing the growth of protein and keratin in the fasteners and makes them wholesome and stronger.
Beauty benefits of Lemon
- Lemon mixed with few drops of coconut water makes an excellent clarifying moisturizer. Both together hydrate and clears and brightens the skin.
- Lemon works as a magical knee and elbow bleacher. Simply rub a lemon half on dark elbows and knees.
- Lemons are anti-bacterial they help in treating acne. Just squeeze lemon on the face and the blackheads will soon fade away.
- A mixture of lemon juice and baking soda serve as a perfect teeth whitener.
- Lemon essential oil is helpful in treating canker sores of the mouth.
- Lemon is an ideal skin brightener with the help of its contents of vitamin C and citric acid. It helps to brighten and lighten the skin over a period of time. Vitamin C in lemon is a great antioxidant for reducing free radicals and boosting the production of collagen. This process helps to lighten dark spots, age spots and lighten the tanned areas.
- Lemon is great for reducing excess oil by eliminating the shine caused by the excess oil.
- Lips can be exfoliated by putting lemon juice on them at night and leaving it overnight. This helps to remove dead skin cells and dried skin from the lips. A homemade body cleanser can be made out of lemon juice, yogurt and an essential oil like lavender or chamomile. Massage with this will moisturize the skin and remove dirt and bacteria.
- Lemon peppermint foot scrub—a scrub for exfoliating foot can be made by combining coarse sea salt, lemon peels and peppermint essential oil.
- Apply lemon juice with milk or cream before the daily bath. Leave it for 15 minutes, and then wash it off.
Lemon juice Skincare Recipes
- Almond Oil Anti-Wrinkle Mask- Add a spoon of honey to a tsp lemon juice extract. To this mixture add a few of drops of almond oil. Mix it well and apply it as a mask on the face and neck.
- Honey Mask for dry skin- Mix lemon juice extract, honey and olive oil in equal amounts and apply it on your skin to get rid of dryness and to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- Sugar scrub- Take the juice of half a lemon and add two spoons of sugar granules to it. Use it as a scrub to exfoliate your dull skin. The scrub is effective in attaining smoother skin and removing dark spots.
- Egg Mask for oily skin- Mix a spoon of lemon juice with egg white and grape juice extract. This pack helps in making your skin soft and glowing.
Uses of Lemon juice on skin and face
a perfect moisturizer can be made by mixing equal parts of lemon juice milk or milk cream and applying on the dry areas of the skin. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off.
Lemon juice acts as a natural exfoliate as it contains citric acid which helps to peel and remove the top layers of the dead skin cells. Mix lemon juice sugar and water into a paste and rub it on the face.
Make a solution of lemon juice water, witch hazel and vodka and apply it on the oily skin to remove excess oil and tone the skin.
Skin Lightening Mask
It can be made by making a paste with lemon juice, potato juice, tomato juice and sandalwood paste. Apply the paste on the face and wash after 20 minutes.
Make a thick solution with lemon juice, almond oil and honey. Apply it all over the face and rinse after 15 minutes. Alternatively add some lime juice and glycerin to a glass of hot milk and spread it all over the face and leave it overnight. Wash it in the morning and experience the difference this will help in removing wrinkles and reducing fine lines near the eyes. Fine lines and wrinkles removal is a slow process and will take time.
Natural beauty tips on lemon juice use
- Lemon juice is acidic and its application can dry out your skin, so it is essential to moisturize your skin after its use.
- Add yogurt to lemon juice to make a perfect skin brightening and moisturizing mask.
- Never apply lemon juice on the areas having open cuts, bruises, or wounds. The acid in the lemon juice will sting.
- Never go out in the sun and avoid exposure to sun light with lemon juice on your skin.
- If irritation, redness or dryness occurs on using lemon it must be diluted with water or not used again.