You must have eaten those delicious, red and juicy beads of pomegranate, but have you ever thought that this ‘fruit of heaven’ can be included in your skin care regimen? Yes, you heard it right.
Pomegranate is a fruit that not only brightens your fruit bowls during winter but can also nourish your skin and leave an irresistible rosy glow on your face. It is loaded with exuberant number of antioxidants, vitamin A, C and E and zinc, all of which play an important role in improving the skin problems and nourishing it. It is a powerhouse which can provide smooth, wrinkle, spots and acne free, youthful skin. So, what are you waiting for, grab some extra pomegranates, get ready and come along with us as we take you through the best and the easiest to make homemade pomegranate face masks and packs.
Pomegranate with lemon face mask
Lemon being rich in Vitamin C can act as a catalyst for antioxidant qualities pomegranate has. Want to combat dark and brown spots, sunburn and tan, do try this and get rich, fresh, bright and glowing skin.
You require: Pomegranate seeds, lemon juice
- Take handful of pomegranate seeds and make a paste by grinding it.
- Add 6-7 drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix and apply to face and neck.
- Wash with cold water after 30 minutes.
Pomegranate with green tea face mask
Both known to be the rich source of antioxidants can be used for skin rejuvenation and lightening the skin tone. This is also helpful in acne breakout.
You require: Pomegranate seeds, green tea, yogurt, honey
- Make a paste by grinding pomegranate seeds.
- Add 1 tbsp of yoghurt, green tea and honey to the blended seeds and make a paste.
- Apply on skin and neck and leave it on and rinse after 30 minutes.
Pomegranate with honey facial mask
Massaging the skin with a lotion made out of pomegranate and honey can help in whitening the skin and adding a soft glow.
You require: Pomegranate seeds, honey
- Take out the juice from the red seeds may be by mashing it with spoon.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to 1 tbsp of pomegranate juice.
- Apply this lotion and massage for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash the face.
Pomegranate and yoghurt face mask
If you want to have smooth, soft and youthful skin and want to brighten and make your skin glow, this is the way out.
You require: Pomegranate seeds, yoghurt
- Make paste of pomegranate seeds or extract only the juice.
- Add 1 tbsp of yoghurt.
- Apply and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash with Luke-warm water.
Pomegranate with oats scrub
Oats brings along with it, its anti-inflammatory qualities which soothes irritation and also helps in treating acne and scars. Here is the perfect pomegranate scrub recipe which contains oats.
You require: Pomegranate seeds, yoghurt, honey, oats
- Grind 1 cup of pomegranate seeds.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of yoghurt, honey to make a paste.
- Add 4 tbsp of oats and mix well to make the scrub.
- Apply it on the face and wash after 10 minutes with cold water.
Pomegranate peel with lemon and rose water face pack
Not only the seeds but even the pomegranate peel can be used with lemon juice and rose water to make the dull skin look bright and healthy.
You require: Pomegranate peel, lemon juice, rose water
- Grind the pomegranate peel and make powder.
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 2 tbsp of rose water to 3 tbsp of pomegranate peel powder.
- Mix it well to make a paste, apply and rinse with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
So, are you ready now to feed your dull, tired, burnt and tanned skin with the delicious and juicy seeds of pomegranate?
Include this wonderful fruit to your daily skin care product basket and get flawless and glowing skin. Go ahead, try it, see the difference and feel the change!!!