Tomatoes are great for your health and also for your skin. So, if you love tomatoes try using them on your skin as well. Eating tomatoes in your daily diet can surely help you in getting beautiful, problem free skin. In this article we will take a look at how tomatoes can be used in skin care and also for treating skin problems effectively.
Tomatoes contain a good amount of lycopene, which gives it the red color. Apart from lycopene, it also contains a number of other antioxidants that can be really helpful to deter the effects of free radicals on the skin and to ward off the signs of aging. Tomatoes can work as a natural skin healer and also to eliminate a number of skin problems. Read on to find out the best face pack recipes with tomato.
Homemade beauty tips with tomato
18Beat the blackheads: Tomato and turmeric face pack
Turmeric has undergone a boost in popularity in the last few years. Hailed as a modern day superfood it also has benefits that go far beyond your gut! Turmeric is a potent antioxidant and therefore makes a great addition to any skin care routine.
This tomato and turmeric face pack is fantastic for detoxing the skin, and especially for treating any stubborn blackheads.
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- To make this healing tonic mix 2 teaspoons of rice flour with ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add just enough fresh tomato juice to form a paste and then massage into the facial skin, paying particular attention to the nose and T-zone where blackheads are more common.
- Once the face pack has dried, wash off and wave goodbye to those blemishes.
17Get the glow: Tomato and honey face pack
Honey may not be suited to everyone’s diets but it certainly packs a punch when it comes to skin and haircare.
- Tomato juice
- By mixing equal parts of fresh tomato juice with pure honey you will create a tonic that will make your skin buzz like a bee!
- Apply the face pack to your skin using a cotton pad and then wash clean after 10 minutes of relaxation.
- This treatment is perfect to achieve that enviable healthy glow.
16Be the fairest of them all: Tomato and oatmeal mask
Most of us having some oats knocking around in the kitchen, so why not put them to some good use by feeding your skin? Oatmeal makes a fantastic component within a face mask as, it not only has gentle exfoliating properties but it is chock-full with lots of beneficial vitamins and minerals.
- Tomato juice
- To make this glow-getting mask, blitz oatmeal into a fine powder using your food processor or mixer, then add enough fresh tomato juice to create a paste.
- Pop this onto your skin until it dries, before washing clean.
15Tomato face pack with gram flour
Gram flour exfoliates your skin and removes the dead skin cells thereby leaving your skin feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ spoon honey
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- An amazing face pack which includes 1 ripe tomato, 1 cup of yogurt, ½ spoon honey, 2 tablespoons of gram flour and a pinch of turmeric.
- Mix all these ingredients, make sure you take the fresh pulp of tomato and make a fine consistent paste of all these essential items.
- Now, apply it on your face.
- Let it sit for some time and wash with lukewarm water in about 10-15 minutes as and when the paste dries off completely.
14Tomato face pack with cucumber
This can lead to scars, redness, itchiness. Cucumber is rich in antioxidants and helps in balancing ph level of your skin. It tightens the enlarged pores and lends your skin a healthy natural glow. This face pack will keep your skin acne free and oil-free.
- Cucumber juice
- Take a ripe tomato and mash it, now mix it thoroughly with cucumber juice and apply it directly on your skin.
- Let it cool down, the goodness of this thick paste will penetrate deep within and replenish the dirt, bacteria and other germs breeding under your epidermis.
- You can wipe it away with a cotton ball once it dries off completely.
13Tomato face pack with avocados
If you have combination skin, we have got a great hack for you. The astringent properties of tomato will help remove the excess oil in your skin while avocados help in hydrating and nourishing your skin. They contain Vitamin C and Vitamin E, both of which are extremely effective in slowing down the skin ageing process.
- All you need is a mashed tomato and mashed avocado, mix it all together and apply it on your face.
- This must be done in the night for it will help you remove all the excess oil and dirt accumulated throughout the day easily.
12Tomato pulp with walnut powder
This effective natural home remedy is another great way to treat your skin problems. Get rid of the annoying blackheads that accumulate on your nose and surrounding areas.
- Walnut powder
- Take a ripe tomato and mash the fresh pulp out of it, use walnut powder and mix both of them.
- Now, apply it directly on your blackheads and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water.
- This will help you make your skin glow and nourish naturally.
11Tomato and multani mitti
- Multani mitti
- You have to take a slice of tomato and extract juice out of it.
- Now place it in a container and put two spoons of multani mitti powder in it.
- Mix both well so that not a single bump comes out.
- Now apply it all over your face.
- Let it dry as you keep for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once the dryness has appeared you can wash it cold water.
- This pack will bring natural glow to your skin.
10Tomato and vinegar
Another handy tip for your skin getting clear and attractive is combination of tomato with vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tomato pulp
- Take a spoon of vinegar in a container and add a spoon of tomato pulp in it.
- Mix them well and apply over your skin.
- Vinegar has got acidic property that will remove spots from your skin.
- Tomato is also sour in taste and work for treating dark patches over the skin.
9Tomato and banana
Banana is loaded with all types of mineral which is also required for your skin. Tomato at the same time is really worth in creating your skin tone more elastic and youthful.
- Tomato juice
- You have to smash half a banana and add some tomato juice in it.
- You can also add some honey in it.
- Mix them well and apply on your face.
- The other portion of your skin can also be applied with the back.
- You can definitely get better result after using it frequently.
8Potato and tomato skin mask for tan
To get rid of suntan quickly a mask made with tomato and potato extracts can be very effective.
- Take a potato and grate it and squeeze out the juice.
- Take a tomato and collect the juice following the same way.
- Mix the two in 1:1 proportion and then use it to massage lightly onto your face or the suntan affected area of the skin.
- After you have applied one layer, let it sink into the skin and then apply another layer.
- Continue layering for 4-5 times and then finally let it get dry completely before removing with a wet washcloth.
7Tomato and red lentil scrub cum pack
You can prepare an effective anti-tan and anti-acne scrub with tomato and red lentil.
- Red lentil
- Soak a handful of tomato in water overnight.
- In the morning grate the red lentils along with half of a fresh, red tomato.
- Blend the two really well to make a smooth paste.
- Now use this pack as a scrubber on the skin and then leave it on for 5-6 minutes before washing off with plenty of water.
6Frozen tomato juice to heal skin burns
The incredible benefits of tomato know no bounds as frozen tomato juice is extremely effective in healing and treating the skin burns.
- Tomato juice
- Just apply some juice and let it rest, then wash it off or wipe away.
- You will see your skin burns will be lightened soon.
5Tomato for acne
- You can get the same result by applying the tomato puree on the face.
- Wash your face after 10 minutes repeat this process weekly thrice for the good results.
4Tomato as the scrub
- Take the fresh tomato and make the tomato into two pieces.
- Dip the one piece of tomato in the bowl of sugar now rubs the tomato pieces on the face.
- This is the natural exfoliate for the face.
- This process removes the dead cells from the face and skin and makes the skin glow.
3Tomato for sunburns
- Take the fresh tomato in the blender and add the ½ cup of the curd in the blender. Grind them well.
- Now apply the paste all over the sunburn area.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes then wash the dried mix with the cool water.
2Tomato eye pack with aloe vera
If you’re dealing with heavy under eyes and swollen eye bags, these are annoying dark circles which might be caused due to lack of proper nutritious and balanced diet, lack of proper sleep etc. You will find effective results.
Aloe vera is a good source of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant which helps in providing relief and healing the affected area. Tomato has strong bleaching property which will further help in lightening and tightening the skin.
1Tomato face pack with jojoba oil and tea tree oil
The fresh pulpy tomato when mixed with jojoba oil and tea tree oil will give you a perfect concoction to fight against the stubborn acne, blemishes and pimples underlying your skin. Women who are bummed with their acne problem can try this amazing hack.
Jojoba oil is great for skin glow and nourishment as it gets easily absorbed in the skin and replenishes the dead skin cells. Tea tree oil is a great source of antiseptic and antimicrobial that fights against the infection effectively.
Note: While tomato is generally safe for application on the skin and can give really great results, it might not be very suitable for some skin types. So, if you are using tomato in your skin care for the first time, it is only wise to opt for a patch test first before using it on a wider area of your face.
Packs and masks made with tomato
- The three ingredients together will exfoliate the skin, clear blemishes and give a fairer tone to the skin.
- Lemon Juice and Tomato is a perfect cure for sun tanned areas on the skin. Mix tomato pulp with few drops of lemon juice and apply it on the affected area and leave it to dry. Wash with cold water.
- Cucumber and Tomato Mask is found to be effective in fading the tanned skin. Mix the juices of tomato and cucumber and apply on tanned areas. Leave it to dry and then wash with cold water.
- Olive oil and Tomato Prepare a mixture with tomato juice and olive oil and apply it on the face. Wash with warm water after 20 minutes.
- Tomato and Sugar Scrub helps to get rid of blackheads and acne. Tomato can be used here as a scrub by sprinkling sugars on one half of a tomato. Scrub the face with the sugar coated tomato in circular movements. Wash after 10 minutes.
- Sandalwood and Tomato This mask is effective in making the skin lighter in tone and in giving a glow and radiance to the skin. Prepare this mask by blending sandalwood powder, tomato and lemon juice together.
- Lemon and Tomato mask is considered to prevent the signs of aging by tightening the skin. This pack also helps in removing excess oil from the skin and is thus good for skin that is prone to acne… Apply the mixture of tomato pulp and lemon juice and apply it on the face. Leave it to dry before washing it with water.
- Buttermilk and Tomato juice applied together make a perfect home remedy to cure sunburnt skin. It helps in cooling the skin and giving it a glow.
- Honey and Tomato juice this mask is considered to give a fairer tone to the skin and making it look bright and glowing.
Tomatoes work really well in creating some effective beauty products. You can make face packs and face masks with the help of it. If you have got sunburns, the natural way of treating the same is applying tomatoes over the skin. Just you need to take some juice out of tomatoes and apply it over your skin. Keep this for some time and then wash with simple water. Now combining other homemade ingredients with tomatoes also would work well and initiate skin care problems. Let us find out some of the homemade beauty tips with tomatoes.