Tomatoes contain high level of lycopene which has marvelous benefits on the skin. Tomatoes are beneficial to the skin by adding tomato and tomato products in the diet. They help the skin to take in more oxygen which delays the process of aging by preventing the formation of wrinkles. They are helpful in brightening the complexion and in reducing sun tan marks caused by the ultra violet rays of the sun. Simple massage of tomato pulp on the skin works wonders. You can simply make it at home without any extra cost. Try this today and get a wonderful remedy.
Tomatoes are found to be most effective in keeping the skin healthy and glowing. Many masks, scrubs and packs are made by using tomato juice or tomato pulp.
[ Hindi version ]
Tomato is the one of the citrus fruit. Tomato contains the vitamin C , vitamin A and antioxidants. The tomato can be widely used for the skin treatments. Tomatoes can cure the acne and pimples. Tomatoes shrink the open skin pores. Tomatoes are used for cleanse the skin. Tomato pieces are used as the exfoliating scrubs for the face. In many ways tomatoes are used in the home beauty treatments.
Skin benefits of tomatoes
- Treating Open Pores Tomatoes are gaining popularity in the world of skincare in the recent years. They are found to be useful in treating open skin pores. Massage a few drops of tomato juice with little water on the face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse it with water.
- Giving a Glow to the Skin Tomatoes can be applied locally on the skin to get a healthy skin. Rub a tomato half on the face for a few minutes and then wash it off.
- Treating Skin Conditions Tomato seed oil is found to be a good in healing several conditions of the skin like eczema and psoriasis. It is beneficial for dry and damaged skin due to environmental hazards like dust, dirt, and extreme cold and hot temperatures. Apply tomato seed oil on the skin before bedtime and leave it overnight. Wash with cold water in the morning. This oil can also be mixed with other oils, creams and lotions to keep the skin soft.
- Preventing the Signs of Ageing Tomatoes have the power to prevent the signs of aging in many ways.The lycopene in tomato helps the skin to absorb in more oxygen and in getting rid of free radicals from the skin. It prevents the formation of wrinkles and fine lines by keeping the skin moist.
- A Natural Sunscreen Tomato contains a high amount of antioxidant called lycopene which protects the skin from the harsh UV rays of the sun.
- A perfect Astringent Tomato is an excellent astringent for a combination skin. A pack made with avocado and tomato helps in cleansing the skin and in whitening the complexion.
Homemade beauty tips with tomato
Tomato for acne
Take the fresh tomato and cut the tomato into two pieces. Now take the one piece of tomato into hand gently rub the tomato piece on the face in circular motion. The tomato contains the vitamin A and vitamin C helps to cure the acne. You can get the same result by applying the tomato puree on the face. Wash your face after 10 minutes repeat this process weekly thrice for the good results.
Tomato as the scrub
Take the fresh tomato and make the tomato into two pieces. Dip the one piece of tomato in the bowl of sugar now rubs the tomato pieces on the face. This is the natural exfoliate for the face. This process removes the dead cells from the face and skin and makes the skin glow.
Tomato for the open pores
Take the 2 tbsp of tomato juice and 2tbspof the lemon juice in a bowl. Now dip the cotton ball in the solution. Rub the cotton ball on the open pores are in slow motion. Wait for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse it off with the cool water.
Tomato for sunburns
Take the fresh tomato in the blender and add the ½ cup of the curd in the blender. Grind them well. Now apply the paste all over the sunburn area. Wait for 10-15 minutes then wash the dried mix with the cool water.
Tomato for glowing skin
Take the 2 tbsp of tomato juice and 2 tbsp of honey and mix them well. Apply the mixture on the face. Wait for 10 minutes then wash the face with the cool water.
Tomato for oily skin
Take the 2 tbsp of tomato juice and 2 tbsp of cucumber juice and mix them well .Apply this mixture on the oily face. Wash the face after 10 minutes. The antioxidants lecopene works more potentially on the skin pores and cleanse the skin pores.
Packs and masks made with tomato
- Oatmeal pack and Tomato A perfect bleaching pack can be prepared by mixing tomato pulp, yogurt and oatmeal. The three ingredients together will exfoliate the skin, clear blemishes and give a fairer tone to the skin.
- Lemon Juice and Tomato is a perfect cure for sun tanned areas on the skin. Mix tomato pulp with few drops of lemon juice and apply it on the affected area and leave it to dry. Wash with cold water.
- Cucumber and Tomato Mask is found to be effective in fading the tanned skin. Mix the juices of tomato and cucumber and apply on tanned areas. Leave it to dry and then wash with cold water.
- Olive oil and Tomato Prepare a mixture with tomato juice and olive oil and apply it on the face. Wash with warm water after 20 minutes.
- Tomato and Sugar Scrub helps to get rid of blackheads and acne. Tomato can be used here as a scrub by sprinkling sugars on one half of a tomato. Scrub the face with the sugar coated tomato in circular movements. Wash after 10 minutes.
- Sandalwood and tomato This mask is effective in making the skin lighter in tone and in giving a glow and radiance to the skin. Prepare this mask by blending sandalwood powder, tomato and lemon juice together.
- Lemon and Tomato mask is considered to prevent the signs of aging by tightening the skin. This pack also helps in removing excess oil from the skin and is thus good for skin that is prone to acne… Apply the mixture of tomato pulp and lemon juice and apply it on the face. Leave it to dry before washing it with water.
- Buttermilk and tomato juice applied together make a perfect home remedy to cure sun burnt skin. It helps in cooling the skin and giving it a glow.
- Honey and Tomato juice this mask is considered to give a fairer tone to the skin and making it look bright and glowing.
[ Hindi version ]