It is important to make sure that you are eating foods that will help you recover quickly and avoid foods that caI make your symptoms worse.
Foods to eat:
-High-protein foods such as eggs, fish, and lean meats
-Fruits and vegetables high in Vitamin C and antioxidants, such as citrus, berries, leafy greens, and cruciferous vegetables
-Whole grains such as oats, quinoa, and brown rice
-Plenty of fluids to stay hydrated
Foods to avoid:
-High-fat and processed foods
-Sugary drinks and foods
-Alcohol and caffeinated beverages
-Foods that are high in salt and spices
10 Foods To Eat In Chicken Pox
• Oatmeal : Can be used to reduce itchiness and inflammation caused by the condition.
• Boiled potatoes : and mixed with herbs can make a delicious and nutritious meal.
• Cooked carrots : add a can of diced tomatoes and stir until combined.
• Smoothies : are a great way to get your vitamins and minerals while you are recovering.
• Toast : Here’s to hoping you get better soon!
• Soup : Is an excellent way to keep the body hydrated and get the necessary nutrients to fight the infection.
• Yogurt : can be beneficial as it is packed with probiotics that can help boost the immune system and reduce inflammation.
• Boiled eggs : Can help reduce the severity of the illness and speed up recovery.
• Popsicles : Can help to soothe a sore throat and decrease itchiness from the chicken pox.
• Rice cakes : are a delicious snack that can help you feel better when you have the chicken pox.
10 10 Foods To Avoid In Chicken Pox
• Caffeinated beverages : should be avoided as they can worsen dehydration, which can be a complication of chickenpox.
• High-sugar foods : should be avoided during the recovery phase of chickenpox, as they can interfere with the body’s natural healing process.
• Processed meats : such as hot dogs, bacon, and sausage, should be avoided during a chicken pox outbreak as these can aggravate the condition and make it worse.
• Dairy products : should be avoided during chicken pox as they can aggravate the condition.
• Fried foods : should be avoided as they are known to aggravate the symptoms of chicken pox.
• Spicy foods : should be avoided as they can irritate the already sensitive skin associated with chicken pox.
• Raw vegetables : such as carrots, celery, and cucumbers, can provide additional vitamins and minerals to support a healthy immune system.
• Alcohol : should be avoided as it can worsen the symptoms of the disease.
• Citrus fruits : should not be consumed during a chicken pox outbreak as they can irritate the blisters and make the symptoms worse.
• Nuts and seeds : can also be a good source of protein for those with chicken pox, as they are low in fat and easy to digest.