Facial hair in women may be hereditary, genetic or due to hormonal imbalance like PCOD. Irrespective of the cause every women wants to get rid of hair around the chin area.
If you are one such woman then the good news is that you can get rid of those stubborn re-growing hair on and under chin naturally! Here is how:
How to get rid of unwanted hair on chin
- Potato juice and lentils
- Egg white and cornstarch
- Milk and gelatine
- Turmeric and papaya
- Onion and basil
- Rose water and green gram flour
- Tea tree oil and lavender oil
- Banana and oatmeal
- Turmeric and Indian nettle leaves
- Garlic juice
Potato has the ability to make facial hair more visible while lentils work as a facial hair softener and scrub, which make the hair removal process easy.
- Potato juice extracted from 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon lentil paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on or under your chin and let it dry.
- Once the paste is totally dried scrub it with your fingertips and you will notice the hair falling along with the dried paste.
- Repeat it twice a week.
Egg white is rich in proteins and nutrients. It is very sticky due to which it acts like a natural wax and aids in removing unwanted chin hair.
- 1 egg white
- Half tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and keep stirring until you get a lump free paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it untouched until it dries completely.
- Scrub off the mixture with your fingertips to plug out your unwanted hair.
- Rinse and pat dry. Do it 2-3 times a week.
A mixture of gelatine and sugar becomes extremely sticky which works greats in peeling off the unwanted hair easily. Moreover, it removes dead skin and blackheads too.
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tbsp unflavoured gelatine
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Mix both ingredients in above mentioned quantity and make a smooth paste.
- Microwave the mixture for 10-15 seconds and leave it to cool down to room temperature.
- Apply it on your chin hair and let it dry.
- Gently peel off the paste with your fingers once it is dried.
- Do it 2-3 times a week for best results.
The enzyme called papain in papaya prevents the hair from re-growing and it becomes more effective when mixed with turmeric. Using this pack once in two weeks will gradually disappear chin hair.
- 2-3 scoops papaya pulp
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Thoroughly mash papaya pulp and mix turmeric powder to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on chin area and massage gently for 3-5 minutes.
- Wash with warm water after 15 minutes, pat dry.
The mixture of onion and basil contain vital natural elements, which control the growth of facial hair. Use it 2-3 times a week.
- 1 onion(thin membrane removed)
- 10-12 basil leaves
- Blend both the ingredients together to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on/under your chin and leave it untouched for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
This mixture has natural properties, which inhibit hair growth. For best results use 3-4 times a week.
- 1-2 tablespoons rose water
- 2 tablespoon green gram flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients well until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply it around chin area and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rub off the paste with fingertips and wash with warm water.
Both these oils contain anti-androgenic properties, which help in controlling unwanted hair growth.
- 4-6 drops tea tree oil
- 1 teaspoon lavender oil
- Mix both the oils well in a bowl.
- Apply it on the chin area and leave it unwashed.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a day for 3 months or more.
This mixture is a great exfoliating agent and proves beneficial in controlling hair growth.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoon oatmeal
- Blend oatmeal and banana until you get a thick paste.
- Apply the paste around your chin and rub in circular motion.
- Leave it undisturbed for 15-20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
A combination of turmeric and nettle leaves penetrate the skin, make hair thin, and restrict hair growth. This mixture is ideal of overnight use every day for 1-2 months.
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Handful Indian nettle leaves(paste)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric to nettle leaves paste and mix well
- Apply it on your chin and leave for couple of hours/overnight.
- Wash with lukewarm water, pat dry.