We usually govern our eating habits. We don’t eat food from anywhere and think about what we put inside our bodies.
So why should putting something on your body be any different? Our skin is a highly sensitive organ.
Everyone has a beauty regime, whether early morning or nighttime. But the toxicity of the makeup products being sold has reached a low point.
Thanks to the modern revolution, we now have toxic-free products to cater to our needs. Not a long time ago, Victoria Beckham surprised the world with her new moisturizer, which has her own blood in it. It doesn’t get any cleaner than this.
So, what is clean beauty?
Clean beauty refers to using non-toxic, safe organic products that don’t have any harmful chemicals which can cause anything from plain-old skin irritation to cancer. The ingredients are displayed transparently.
How to get started?
Before you go out and start buying clean, non-toxic products, get rid of the highly toxic ones from your cabinet. Toss the products that are expired and that you never use (I am sure there will be a lot!). Out with the old, in with the new.
Ingredients to avoid
Before buying any product, you should read the back carefully and examine the ingredients. So, the next time you pick up a cosmetic product, be on the lookout for these ingredients:
- Aluminum compounds
- Synthetic colors
Also, avoid products that have “fragrance” in them. A fragrance can have up to 4,000 unlisted chemicals and manufacturers are not required to list them as well.
Know your brands
So, you evaluated the cleanliness of your products. Now what? Experts from the Beautyholic Blog recommend researching about the new organic brands in the market. Read every label carefully before purchasing any product.
Some of the popular organic brands in the market are:
- Khadi Naturals – They offer 100% paraben-free handmade herbal products. They sell all sorts of products that can be used on the face, body, and skin and at low prices. Their soap bars are excellent to use and contain natural fragrances. They come in an exciting variety of herbal flavors as well, ranging from pure jasmine to honey glycerin.
- Juicy Chemistry – Their products are made in fresh batches, all free from nasty chemicals. JC formulates skincare products with purest and natural ingredients. Moreover, the products are 100% organic certified by ECOCERT.
- Kama Ayurveda – Created using authentic ayurvedic recipes. They are natural and vegetarian. Their products are slightly expensive.
- Skin Yoga – Started by three sisters who grew up on a farm, they knew both the value of
sharing and nature. This inspired them to start an organic skincare company. Their products are natural and vegan and come in exotic flavors like coffee scrubs and green tea face masks.
- Biotique – Their mission is quality and sustainability. They have a wide range of products for men and babies as well. Their prices are economical.
Now you know which products to go for. So, go experiment and find out what works best for you. Try out new ingredients and different formulas because these products will do no harm to your body. Have fun playing!