Dark circles and puffiness are formed under our eyes due to over stressed work hours, staying up late or other similar instances which occur regularly. In this article, we will discuss how green tea can work for you to reduce such a condition.
Green tea happens to be an amazing element which offers us numerous benefits no matter how you use it. It is loaded with antioxidants and plenty of tannins which are all that we’d need to treat the eye zone.
Green tea bags can shrink the swelling and also reduce fluids around your eyes. We will discuss how to go about the process so that you can treat yourself quickly.
Ingredients and benefits
Caffeine and tannins are two important components which reduce dark circles.
- Caffeine: helps you shrink the blood vessels inside the skin. This reduces the swell under your eyes and constricts the blood vessel to reduce dark circles.
- Tannins: are known to provide the color and flavor of green tea. The astringency reduces capillaries and blood vessels, and thus it results into what the caffeine does too.
- At first you would have to get the ingredients of what is needed. You would need two green tea
bags, one cup/mug of hot water and a plate.
- Add both the tea bags into hot water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take the bags out after the time is over and put them on the plate.
- Let the plate refrigerate for 20 minutes or till cold enough.
- While tea bags are cooling, you can drink up the cup of green tea!
- Take out the bags and squeeze away excess liquid. The bags should be damp but not dripping liquid.
- Lie down and add the bags over your eyes.
- Set at alarm beforehand so that you can relax for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags after the time is up.
- Rinse off stains which sticks on face.
You might already know that there are numerous eye treatments which have caffeine content. They shrink blood vessel and normalize their appearance, which is why they are widely used in those. They also reduce puffiness significantly and make eyes supple.
Now that you are ready to try the DIY treatment, you are going to get benefited with healthier under eyes. Tannis are known to stimulate your blood circulation and tighten your skin as well.
It is good to try out home remedies for such conditions rather than going in for expensive skin treatment of chemical based products.
Repeat the treatment daily till you get significant results and then delay the dates by alternating the days and then delay it more. This is going to give you quick results and relax your eyes.