Our sensitive skin under the eyes is often introduced to dark patches. These are results of stress, sleep deprivation, vitamin deficiency, chemical used, weaknesses, etc. Dark circles are not serious but they make our face look unlikely and pale. In this article, we will get to know about how honey works for us and heals dark circles.
How does honey help for dark circles?
Honey is one of the nature’s gift which we simple awe at. From production to usage, and with all the benefits that it lays upon us, honey simply gets us amazed with God’s beauty.
Honey is not just an essential edible element but it happens to do wonder for skin and hair. Let us know why honey could be
perfect to reduce under eye circles
- Honey comes with anti-inflammatory properties which work like a natural bleach. It reduces pigmentation and pimples.
- Honey is known to be an amazing moisturizer, which helps our skin retain its natural moisture.
- Honey is soft and soothing which works effectively in the sensitive under eye zone.
- It nourishes our skin from within.
- Honey includes antioxidants which fights free radical creating dark circles and under eye wrinkles.
How to remove dark circles with honey?
1. Raw Honey
This natural bleaching element can be directly applied to our dark circles. Honey is a power house of nutrients which flushes out the toxins of our body and improves skin condition.
- Apply raw and pure honey on the circle.
- Massage your skin for about 2 minutes.
- Use wet fingertips.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
- Add under eye moisturizer
- Repeat daily till visible results are attained.
2. Honey with lemom extract and turmeric
When you mix two or more effective ingredients, you get assured of better results. Lemon is another natural bleaching element which can reduce dark circles too. Although, you should replace orange juice with lemon juice if you have sensitive skin. Organic tumeric will provide you with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which lighten skin darkening and exfoliates skin.
- Take a small bowl.
- Add 4 drops of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of pure honey and 1 pinch of organic turmeric.
- Mix them well and then apply to the dark circles.
- Massage it for 2 minutes.
- Leave it to dry and then wash with clean water.
- Repeat thrice a week.
3. Honey with coconut and castor oil
Coconut oil has essential fatty acids which when added with castor oil worked well to nourish skin. These two can be further added with pure honey to create a natural skin lightener and reduce the under eye circkes.
- ½ teaspoons of both the oil with ½ teaspoon of honey should be mixed in a bowl.
- Mix well to make smooth liquid and then apply to the affected areas.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Wash with cool water.
- Repeat daily till desired results are obtained.
Honey is known for its skin-lightening properties, which can help reduce the appearance of dark circles by lightening the skin in the affected area.
No, it is not recommended to apply honey directly on the skin around the eyes due to its stickiness.
Honey is known for its soothing and hydrating properties, making it an ideal remedy for reducing the appearance of dark circles by providing moisture, reducing inflammation, and brightening the skin.
It is recommended to use honey 2-3 times a week to reduce dark circles.
Raw, unprocessed honey is best for dark circles, as it has the highest levels of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Almond oil, coconut oil, aloe vera, turmeric, rose water, and chamomile tea are all ingredients that can be used in combination with honey to reduce dark circles.
No, there are no known side effects of using honey for dark circles.
It typically takes about 2-3 weeks for honey to reduce dark circles.-
Yes, other natural remedies for dark circles include drinking plenty of water, sleeping with an extra pillow, and applying a cold compress to the eyes.
It ultimately depends on the individual complexion, as some skin tones may find honey more beneficial than others.