Orange and lemon peels have anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties which work well in treating acne and oily skin. They also have skin lightening agent which help to remove dark spots, scars and blemishes.
Orange and lemon peels also make effective face cleansers. All packs, masks and wash made with orange and lemon peel can be safely applied on all types of skin.
Though there are many effective face masks available in the market today, it is not necessary to spend the extra money. Many commercial face masks contain ingredients already found in your kitchen.
If you make your own homemade face mask, you can be sure that you are putting only the good stuff on your face without the added chemicals, they even don’t acknowledge any risk factors. Some among the most used are Orange and Lemon.
Orange and lemon peel as a face pack
There is abundance of orange and lemon available in the market. They are full of vitamin C. Not only the fruits orange/lemon peels also have some excellent uses for the skin. The best way to use is in the form of powder face pack.
Some beauty experts recommend using an exfoliate just before using a face mask. This is so the face mask can reach deep in the pores more efficiently without having to go through so many layers of dead skin.
How to make the orange/lemon peel powder
- Peel out the skin of orange/lemon and dry it out in the sun for few days.
- Simply lay them out in sunlight.
- When they become complete dried, it become little hard. Make small pieces.
- Grind it in powder in little coarse form and store in air tight container can use this powder as a face pack.
How to use
- Mix the peel powder with curd, the powdered swells a little after contact with water. Apply it on the face, scrubs mildly and stay for 15 minutes. It extracts the excess oil and improves complexion.
- Mix peel with besan, lime juice and apply it, good for skin complexion.
- Mix peel with green gram powder, lime juice it works well on spots, pigmentation and make skin smooth.
- Mix peel with turmeric it slows skin ageing, protect from environment damages, heal scars as turmeric is anti bacterial, it does wonders.
Lemon and lime face mask
- Bring and boil a quarter cup of lemon peel, quarter cup lime peel and lemon leaves
- Steep for five minutes and add a tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of oats
- Add a tablespoon of wheat germ
- Let cool, then apply on the face
- Rinse off after 30 minutes
Summer sweet orange and honey face mask
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange
- 1/4 cup honey
- orange zest
Orange and lemon peel is best used in a powder form.
The peels can be dried in the sun and grinder into powder. This powder can be stored and used in making fresh face packs by combining it with other ingredients
Orange peel and lemon peel face packs and masks
- Orange peel and yogurt make a beneficial face pack that can make the face glow instantly. It helps in lightning suntan marks and lightens the tone of the skin. Mix some orange peel powder in little curd and apply it on the face. Clean it off with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Orange peel powder and walnut powder and sandalwood paste used together make an excellent exfoliate. Take one spoon of each of the three ingredients and make a paste with few drops of lemon juice and some rose-water. Apply on the face and wash after five minutes.
- Orange peel, multani mitti and rose water make a good face pack for oily skin. It helps in cleansing the skin and removing blackheads and whiteheads. Make a paste with the three agents by mixing them and adding rosewater. Apply it on the face and neck and rinse it after 15 minutes.
- Lemon juice, gram flour and orange peel make a suitable pack to lighten and reduce acne marks. Mix the three ingredients and make a paste. Apply it on the face and leave it to dry. Rub in circular movements and wash the face clean.
- Orange peel face pack with neem is an excellent pack to heal and clear pimples fast. Take equal amount of both the powders and rub it on the face everyday. Soon the acne and pimples will clear.
- Orange peel face pack with honeyis an ideal mask to provide glow on the dry skin. Mix honey and orange peel powder and apply a thick layer of this paste on the face and leave it to dry for 20 minutes. Gently scrub the pack with water.
Lemon peel face masks
Lemon peels can also be dried in the sun and grinder to powder to make different face packs and face mask. Simple lemon peel powder can be very lightly rubbed on the face to nourish the skin.
- Lemon peel and honey mask makes a perfect scrub for the face, hands and feet. Make a coarse paste with dried lemon peels, wheat powder and honey by adding small amount of milk. Rub the paste on the body in circular movements and wash after some time. This mask will help in removing stress of the mind and body and leave the skin clear and fresh..
- Lemon peel and milk face pack will help in making the skin supple and moisturized. The high content of Vitamin C in lemon will help to lighten the skin tone and remove dark spots caused by skin tan. Make a smooth paste with dried lemon peel powder and raw milk. Apply the paste on the face and leave it to dry. Then clean it with fresh water.
- Yogurt and lemon peel face pack can be used for removal of suntan and dark spots. This pack will help to lighten the tone of the skin and reduce dark spots from the face. Mix the two ingredients and apply it on the face and body. Scrub it off gently after 30 minutes.
Benefits of orange and lemon peel face packs
- The orange and lemon peel packs will make the skin clean and glowing.
- Both the peels are good for treating the acne, and pimples. They also help to fade away dark spots caused by sun tanning, acne and pimples.
- The peels provide mild exfoliation which help to keep the pores clean and reduce chances of skin problems like blackheads and whiteheads.
- The peels have the power to deep cleanse the skin and absorb excess oil from the skin which is usually the cause of pimples and acne.
- All peel face packs lighten the tone of the skin and fade spots caused by aging.
Milk with orange peel
You must have lost the natural glow on your skin. Trying different types of products that is from different brand is what you have been doing these days. But, did you ever realize that it can also lead to some side effects over your skin tone? Instead if you can go for a natural remedy, it would have been risk free and can give you actual natural glow.
For this milk and orange peel remedy will work. You need to take half cup of cow or mother dairy milk. Now get the powdered form of dried orange peel with a quantity of 2 spoons. Mix it and make paste. Apply on your face and keep for 20 minutes. Wash it off with water.
Lemon peel with honey
To make this mask you have to peel the skin of 2-3 lemons and get it dried in sun. Once it has become completely dry you can get crunchy feel in it. Use your hand and make powder with fingers. Now take a container and add 2- 3 spoons of honey.
Now add the lemon peels in dried form over here. Mix them well and apply over your skin. Make sure it covers all portions of your skin. You can also use it as an exfoliate at first and then wash it off after 20 minutes. You will definitely get a natural glow.
Turmeric sandal and orange peel
The brightness and freshness on your face must be missing as you grow and get up to a particular age. You need to use this wonderful homemade pack to bring it back.
All you have to do is take a small container to make the mixture. Take a spoon of sandalwood powder, a pinch of turmeric powder and a spoon of orange peel that has been dried. Mix them well with the rose water and get a paste out of it.
Now, you need to apply this all over your face and skin portion where you have a problem of dullness. Once it is dried, wash with simple water.