The big sized vegetable which mostly sits around a corner of our kitchen and least used among the regular vegetables is pumpkin. Though it is rich in wide set of proteins it is lagging its importance due to lack of awareness about it among us. It contains antioxidants, retinoic acid, beta carotene and Vitamins A,C,E.
It contains the rich minerals such as copper, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and the vitamins like folates, vitamin B-6 and niacin improves the health of the skin. Apart from the pumpkin paste, pumpkin seeds comprises of proteins, vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids and rich minerals.
If you have pumpkin at home within your freezer, you must have thought of making some dishes out of it. The mixed vegetables also taste well with some pieces of pumpkin in it. But, now along with the taste of vegetable this can also give you some beauty benefits. Let us explore some of the face packs and masks with pumpkin that will make you look beautiful.
There are many fruits and vegetables that are used to make face masks and packs. Most common among them are cucumber, potato, tomato, papaya, strawberries, mangoes, carrots etc. Pumpkin has always been an under rated vegetable to eat and also in the beauty regime. It has recently been proven that pumpkin makes a perfect pack for all types of skin.
The vitamins and nutrients in pumpkin promote a beautiful, healthy, soft and bright skin. It has exfoliating properties that removes dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. Several face packs and masks can be made using pumpkin. It has also been a beneficial ingredient in hair care to prevent hair fall and increase hair growth.
Benefits of pumpkin on the skin
- The fruit enzymes in pumpkin help to increase the production of skin cells which in turn will make the skin smooth and clear.
- Vitamin C and An in pumpkin enhance the production of collagen in order to prevent the signs of aging.
- Pumpkin seeds with zinc help to control the hormone level and oil production and help in curing acne problems.
- The seeds of pumpkin are high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which regulate production of It works wonders on an oily skin.
- Pumpkin makes an excellent pack to treat dull complexion, aging skin and dark spots.
- Pumpkin benefits the skin by lightening sun tan and sunburn
Follow the below steps to know how one can use the pumpkin in various face masks.
How to prepare pumpkin puree?
- Take a pumpkin and make them pieces, boil them and smash it to prepare a thick puree. This puree can be used in many face packs and it reacts well for all skin types.
Pumpkin face pack 1
- Take two tablespoons of pumpkin puree in a bowl and add two tablespoons malai cream and honey to it. Whipped cream or Malai is rich in alpha-hydroxy acid and is having the moisturizing property.
Add the above mixture 4 tablespoons of sugar. Sugar peels off the dead cells in the skin along with the oiliness coated on the skin. Mix them to form a fine paste and wash the face with luke warm water.
Pumpkin face pack 2
- Take two tablespoons of pumpkin puree and add one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of cinnamon sticks powder, one tablespoon of milk.
Add all the above ingredients and form a smooth paste and dab it over the face.
Take the help of warm water to wash your face and look in the mirror to find beauty in you.
This face pack works well with the sensitive skin.
Pumpkin face mask 3
- For the easy absorption of the vitamins of any face pack it is necessary to steam the face. Steam will open the pores of the skin and runs the quick absorption.
After giving steam to the face, wash it with face wash and apply the face pack that is described below.
Take one tablespoon of pumpkin puree, add it half spoon of yogurt, half spoon of honey and almond paste ( Paste from 3 almonds). Scrub the above paste and wash it after the 20 minutes with luke warm water.
Pumpkin face pack 4
- Prepare this face pack to have a relief from the oily skin. Mix one tablespoon pumpkin puree, one tablespoon apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. Mix them all with out having any lumps and scrub it over the face in circular way.
After feeling like dried give it wash with the luke warm water.
Pumpkin face mask 5
- A face pack that glows your skin in the instant minutes is all described here:
Take an egg and separate the egg white, add it one tablespoon of pumpkin puree and one tablespoon of milk. Mix them neatly to form a spreadable paste.
Apply the mixture to the face and rinse off after 20 minutes.
Pumpkin face pack 6
- Prepare a face pack that makes you feel from the acne and marks of the skin. For this, get an egg and take the white from it, add one tablespoon of pumpkin puree and mix well.
Dab it over the face and rinse it with chill water after finding the dryness with the face pack.
Homemade pumpkin face packs
- Pumpkin, lemon, and vitamin E face pack Prepare this pack by mashing some pumpkin and adding 2-3 capsules of Vitamin E and few drops of lemon. Applyit on the face and rinse it off after 20 minutes.
- Pumpkin and oatmeal face pack is an excellent exfoliating face pack which gives a clear and bright skin. Mix the pumpkin pulp with oatmeal and honey and apply it on the face. Rinse it after
- Pumpkin, rice flour and turmeric face pack serves as good skin whitener. Prepare the mask by mixing pumpkin puree, rice powder, turmeric powder and milk in a bowl. Apply this paste on the face with the fingertips and leave it for 20 minutes… Wash it off with water by rubbing it gently.
- Pumpkin face pack with red lentil powder and curd makes an excellent anti aging pack. It is a good mask for mature skin because it gives the skin care for delaying the process of aging. It is also a perfect method to get rid of the excess or unwanted facial hair. Make a paste with pumpkin puree, red lentil powder and curd and apply on the face. Leave it to dry and then remove with water using circular movements of the finger.
- Fruit-veggie facial pack Mix pumpkin pulp with some mashed pineapple and apple slices. Once you have a homogeneous paste, apply this pack on your face and neck. Rinse it off with cold water once dry. This pack helps cleanse and moisturize the skin.
- Banana and pumpkin face pack acts as a good cellulite scrub that stimulated the flow of blood and increases the production of collagen. Mix banana puree, pumpkin puree little honey and a spoon of sugar to make a fine paste. Apply it on the face and neck and leave it for 15 minutes to dry. Scrub it with finger tips in circular motion and wash it off.
- Pumpkin papaya mask serves as mild scrub to exfoliate the dead skin cells. It is prepared by mashing papaya and pumpkin into a pulp. Add the egg into the mixture and blend it in the blender to make a smooth paste. Apply it on the face and neck avoiding the eyes and mouth area. Leave the mask for 10 minutes then clean it off with lukewarm water.
- The easiest method to use pumpkin to get a clear skin, exfoliate and lighten the skin is to just massage the face with pumpkin pulp daily for 10 minutes before taking a bath.
- Pumpkin and sandalwood powder makes the best pack to treat acne and lighten acne scars. Make a paste using sandalwood powder and pumpkin paste and add few drops of honed to it. Apply the mixture on the face and neck and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash the face with cold water.
Face packs and masks with pumpkin
Honey with pumpkin
Take a fresh pumpkin and take a small portion of it such that you get the pulp of it with 2 spoons. Now put those 2 spoons of fresh pumpkin pulp in the container and add a spoon of honey in it. Mix both the ingredients really well and apply all over your face and neck portion. You can use your fingers to run it against your face. This can be a good scrubber and a mask. This will make your skin moisturized always.
Potato and pumpkin
If you have formed a tan skin layer over your skin, the face mask with pumpkin and potato will work. You have to take 5-6 small pieces of pumpkin as well as potato in a grinder. Use the grinder and make pulp out of these ingredients. Now you can add it in a bowl and add some lemon juice in it. Apply this pulp over your face and cover it equally. Let it dry for 20 minutes and then wash away with warm water. This will make your skin clear and free from tan layer.
Gram flour with pumpkin
If you are going t outside continuously and getting exposed to dust and pollution repeatedly, this is the time to get some clarity on your face and stay beautiful. You can now take a small mixing bowl and add 2 spoon of gram flour. Also add a single spoon of pumpkin pulp with this. Mix it really well and apply it all over your skin and face. Do not leave your neck as well. Wait till your face is completely dry. There after you can wash away with plain water.