Springtime came and passed in what seemed like the blink of an eye, and all of a sudden, we’ve found ourselves smack-dab in the middle of the summertime. As a season best characterized by sunshine, beach days, and breezy dispositions, there’s no better time to perfect your skincare so your exterior glow matches your light glowing within. Getting your summer glow on is a simple matter of gathering the right products.
Using this guide, we’ll walk you through our favorite skincare must-haves that are bound to leave you feeling more beautiful than ever before!
You’ve likely heard time and time again that daily cleansing is absolutely essential to managing and maintaining your skin’s optimal health. Doing so every morning and night is the simplest one-step way to rid your skin of any lingering dirt, oils, or other impurities that may leave your skin feeling oily or gross.
While there are hundreds of amazing cleansers out there, our must-haves include:
- Tatcha The Deep Cleanse
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
- Peach & Lily Power Calm Hydrating Gel Cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser
- OSEA Ocean Cleanser
Clay masks have been used for centuries. Chock-full of essential vitamins and natural minerals, these mud masks are excellent detoxers that your skin will immediately thank you for. Lifting dirt and environmental debris from your skin and leaving you with a soft, glowing finish, clay masks are the miracle workers you never knew you needed. Save your money, skip your monthly hydrafacial appointments, and revamp your beauty routine with bi-weekly clay masks.
Our must-have clay mask treatments include:
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Facial Treatment
- Herbivore Botanicals All Natural Blue Clay Spot Treatment Mask
- Innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mousse Mask
- Glossier Mega Greens Galaxy Pack
CBD has become one of the hottest new trends to hit the skincare scene, and with all of it’s anti-inflammatory properties, those who struggle with dry skin are bound to fall in love with its effects. In addition to using CBD capsules for depression and anxiety, you can pop them open and put the oil into your favorite cream of choice. Not only is CBD great for sensitive skin types, but it’s also a fantastic ingredient for creams and serums that are designed to fight acne.
Although the CBD scene might seem like a passing fade with all of the hype surrounding it today, we’re sure some of these CBD-infused skincare product are bound to be lasting favorites inside of your beauty cabinet:
- Herbivore Botanicals Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil
- Kiehl’s Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate
- Josie Maran Skin Dope CBD Argan Oil
- Cannuka CBD Cleansing Body Bar
- Lord Jones High CBD Formula Body Lotion
Exfoliation is one of those words that is tossed around the beauty community, but it often means different things to different people. Expert definition, exfoliation is the extraction of dead skin cells that also promotes the production of new cells. Regular exfoliation leaves your skin looking beautiful and bright.
Most exfoliators, from glycolic peels to facial scrubs, have a myriad of acids and enzymes working hard to make miracles happen for your epidermis. As an intrinsic part of any skincare routine, a good exfoliator is a must.
Refresh and reset your pores using one of these stellar exfoliators:
- Isdinceutics MelaClear Serum
- Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub
- CBDMedic Acne Treatment
- Murad Rapid Resurfacing Peel
- L’Oréal Pure Sugar Scrub Nourish & Soften
Reinvigorating your complexion with a water-based moisturizer can reduce the risk of experiencing extreme dryness or excessive oiliness. Both extremes can have adverse effects on your skin both short-term and long-term and can aggravate acne and other skin issues. It is important to emphasize moisturizer’s role in your routine. During the summer months, you need a light, water-based moisturizer twice a day that is light, breathable, and good to your skin.
Try out these best selling water-based formulas for your thirsty skin:
- Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream
- Amorepacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel Oil-Free
- Saturday Skin Waterfall Glacier Water Cream
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
- Olay Age Defying Advanced Gel Moisturizer
What are your favorite summer skincare must-haves