Cracked heels are one of the major problems of individuals during the winter season. Along with the chapped lips and dry skin, cracked heals also creates problem for people. If you can compare your heals during summer with that in winter, you can easily see the difference. During summer you might sweat a lot even the water particles can be seen surrounding your heels and toes. But, you can never find your heels getting cracked or peeled. But, during the winter season your heels not only get cracked but also gives rise to peeling of skin with blood stains in severe cases. Many people must be using variety of branded and non branded creams available in the market. But, whether or not those creams are suitable for their skin is a major concern. Some people may also have side effects after using such creams. It is better to go for home remedies in the process of treating cracked heals.
Do you remember the days of cracked heels when you are diving into that harsh pain from every step you take. Cracked heels are miserable and leads you to a hindered life. However, the effect could be severe to moderate. They are sign of lack of consideration put on the foot care rather than overexposure or lack of moisturizing. Fissures are regular linear cut wounds which mostly affect the surface level, and comprises of the epidermis. Sometimes it gets deep into the dermis and results into acute pain. The skin surrounding the sides of the feet are dry and grts cracked and so results into cracked heels. One more cause of the appearance of cracked heal is due to the deficiency of omega-3 fatty acids and zinc. They are not harmful unless the cracks are not deep.
Feet care is not a disorder one can be clueless about. A proper pampering of feet is all you need to do, in order to keep cracked heels at bay.
1. Application of any shortening or a vegetable oil need to be done on the feet after washing them properly. As you massaged your feet with the oil, wear a pair of thick socks. Following the same remedy for few days can surely offer you positive results.
2. A pulp of ripe banana is also one great remedy to be used to avoid cracked heels. The pulp of a ripe banana is applied and keep it that way for 10 minutes and rinse it clean. Half an avocado or half flesh of coconut can also be blended with this to get striking results. As avocado and coconut are rich in essential oils and several vitamins.
3. Soak your feet in lemon juice water for about 10 minutes. Lemon juice is a very mild and natural acid which helps in dissolving dead skin and rejuvenating your feet. If you follow the same remedy for few days, the results will be right there before you.
4. A daily regime of soaking your feet in the warm soapy water for about 15 minutes can bring wonders to the hygiene level of your feet. It provides a proper cleansing mechanism which is great to bring up anti infectious feet. A mixture of a teaspoon of Vaseline with lemon juice could be rubbed over the cracked heels until the mixture gets absorbed completely.
5. A regular mixture of glycerin and rosewater is responsible for soothing skin providing effective relief.
6. Paraffin wax when melted and mixed with little mustard oil can present drastic results. It can be applied on the cracked heels in the night so that the infected area can absorb it completely. Keep it overnight and wash the same in the morning. Regular practice can help you to heal the cracked heels at a rapid rate.
7. In the market, there are several cracked heel creams are available which are often comprised of several chemicals that inspite of treating aggravates the problem. The best method is to make your own cream by mixing a spoon of olive oil with lavender oil or lemon oil. Pour this mix of oils into a bottle and add an equal amount of water into it. Shake it well and apply this great mix when your are in need.
Home remedies to treat cracked heals
You can now find the pack of rice flour in any of the departmental stores. If you don’t find any, you can easily make it by grinding rice in your mixer and grinder. Once you get a coarse powder with some half rice inside the flour, you can easily use it as a recipe to prevent dryness and crack heals. This can help you to get a wonderful exfoliate to remove dead skin layer from your heal.
The ingredients required for exfoliates include a spoon each of honey, apple cider vinegar and handful OF RICE FLOUR. Mix all these in a container and make it a thick paste. You need to apply this paste over your heels and slowly rub to remove the dead skin layer from your skin. Some time people may have very bad condition of heels. In such cases you can add either a spoon of sweet almond oil or olive oil.
You also need to soak your feel in warm water for then minutes and apply this scrub. Just scrub it for 10 minutes and wash with warm water again.
It is an Indian Lilac which also acts as a natural antiseptic to remove itchiness, wounds and other cuts. If your body is suffering from any type of infection which results to pimples and acne, India Lilac will be a wonderful remedy. Even in the process of treating cracked heels, Indian Lilac is regarded as a superior ingredient.
The ingredient you require for cracked heals are handful of Indian Lilac, turmeric powder and rose water. You need to crush the Neem leaves and make it a wonderful paste. Now take it in a container, combine it with turmeric powder and some rose water to make a wonderful paste. Apply this paste over your heals and leave for a period of half an hour. Then use warm water to remove the paste and also use a clean and dry cloth to swipe away excess water from your heals.
It is quite easy to get coconut oil at home as it is the best way to nourish the root of your hair properly so that it does not break. But, you might not know that even in treating cracked heals, coconut oil works really well. Generally the cause of cracked heals are fungal infection, bacterial infection or that of excess dryness of skin. Coconut oil also have anti fungal as well as anti microbial properties which will easily stop making your heal dry.
After soaking your feet in warm water, scrub it to remove the dead skin from your heal. Now, apply the coconut oil and wear socks and go to sleep. If you can continue doing this for a week or two, crack heals will be effectively healed.
Get a bucket of warm water and add some Epsom salt in it. Now, you need to dip your feet for around 10 minutes and then rub slowly with a sponge or a mild scrubber so that dead skin layer is removed. Then again put your feet back in the Epsom salt with warm water. Slowly run your feet with towel and let it dry. Then apply moisturizer or petroleum jelly to keep it moisturized.