We look up to celebrities for a lot of things in our life. From being our inspiration to helping us choose the products that could be best for us, we rely on our favorite celebrities and their endorsements.
Well, when it comes to anti-aging, everyone in B-town is a little extra cautious as they need to retain their good looks all through their life.
In this article, we will discuss about the measures to be taken towards anti-wrinkling, and check out some lavish anti-wrinkle creams which our celebrities use to maintain a youthful look.
You will get plenty of anti-wrinkle creams on the internet, from the chemists and also from departmental stores, but the question is, that are they effective enough? Do they actually work?
Anti-wrinkle creams need to have some specific ingredients to make them effective enough to make it work for you. If you buy some over-the-counter wrinkle creams, you will not be sure if the products are for real as they do not usually go through scientific research.
To make sure that the money you spend gives you a proper value back you have to choose creams which you won’t get over-the-counter. These creams would have the right proportion and goodness to benefit anti-wrinkling and surely go the trick for you.
Ingredients that should be present in anti-wrinkle creams
How much your anti-wrinkle cream is going to benefit you will depend on the ingredients and its proportion. Let us now see the common ingredients which our celebrities search for, while purchasing an anti-wrinkle cream:
- Retinol: this has vitamin A compound and it is the prime antioxidant which has to be checked upon while choosing an anti-wrinkle cream. As we know, antioxidants are substances which helps us neutralize the free radicals, this would prevent further breakage of skin cells and reduce chances wrinkling.
- Vitamin C: another important ingredient is vitamin C which protects from sun exposure. These creams should be kept away from air and sunlight when not in use.
- Hydroxy Acids: hydroxy acids like alpha, beta and poly helps us exfoliate the skin. They help us remove the upper layer which is old and dead, and replace it with new pigmented skin. This promotes growth and reduces wrinkling.
- Coenzyme Q10: this helps us reduce fine lines around eye zone and protects skin from sun damage.
- Grape-seed Extract: this has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties helps fight premature aging and heals wounds too.
- Tea Extracts: the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties in green, black or oolong tea helps us reduce wrinkling. Green tea extract is usually found wrinkling creams.
- Niacinamide: this is another anti-oxidant which related to Vitamin B-3 (niacin). This maintains the hydration of skin and betters the elasticity.
Safety and effectiveness
FDA classifies lotions and creams to be cosmetic and they have nil medical value. This is why these are also listed under drugs. The products might not have undergone rigorous testing for safety and effectiveness, but yes, they are renowned through usage and their ingredients talk for themselves.
It is a fact that the products listed below are recommended and used by celebrities, and their youthful look makes us agree that these are bound to work for us!
While you invest on a wrinkling cream, make sure you check on these factors:
- Expense: the difference between the costs of two products has got nothing to do with their effectiveness. A less pricey product could be more effective and vice versa.
- Lesser Dose: the products which are non-prescribed have lesser amount of active ingredients than the ones which are prescribed. The effects could be short-lived if not applied regularly.
- Multiple Ingredients: a cream isn’t perfectly designed only when it has multiple ingredients mentioned. But having 2-3 more than 1-2 are surely going to give you some added benefits.
- Regular Usage: you’d have to use these creams once or twice a day, and that too for many consecutive weeks for noticing improvements. If you reduce or stop using the product, your skin could sag back to the initial stage!
- Side Effects: some products could result in rashes, redness or irritation. You have to be sure to read the product description and instruction, which will help you know the limited side effects.
- Individual Opinion: just because a product worked out for your friend, doesn’t necessarily mean it’d work for you too. People differ with skin type, skin health and each one has their own way to repair or damage.
A cream is not going to help you if you cannot add it with some more skin care. The creams are just to reduce the wrinkles and maintain a youthful look, but if you constantly do things which reverse the process, it is not going to be effective for you.
Before purchasing a product, make sure you are ready with the regimen so that the overall process turns out to be fruitful. You have to take some measures towards anti-aging, so that the creams can do their magic too!
- Less Sun Exposure: exposure to the UV rays increase the aging process and causes wrinkles and blotchy skin. This is one of the prime reasons for premature aging, uneven pigmentation, and other severe sun damages. You need to make sure to wear protective clothing, carry umbrellas or wear hats, so that you can relieve yourself from the scorching sunlight. You could also apply sun-screen lotion in areas which are prone to be exposed during summers and even winters.
- Anti-Wrinkle with Sunscreen: try and look for products which have a built-in SPF. Choose products which are help you block the UVA and UVB rays.
- Moisturizers: dry skin is more prone to sagging and wrinkling. They have more chances of having fine lines and wrinkles, which is why keeping one’s skin moisturized and hydrated is important.
- Quit Smoking: smoking narrows are blood vessels in the outermost layer of skin. It also destroys elastin and collagen which are the fibers which strengthen and improve elasticity of skin. Quit smoking to fight premature aging and also for an improved overall health.
Top products used for celebrities
Sisley Sisleya Global Anti-Age Cream – 50ml/1.7oz – Rs 30,968.70
This is a lovely cream to fight back the aging process. It improves the texture of your skin and reduces all possible signs of aging. Improve your skin tone with regular usage and diminish the fine lines. This cream also promotes better elasticity and resilience. It is full of antioxidant which fights the free radicals.
Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Treatment For The Face & Neck (One Week) 2x10ml/0.33oz – Rs 15,625.68
Apply this twice a day – the serum at day and the moisturizer before going to bed. This creams boasts of an exclusive formula which protects your skin from wrinkling and keeps it prevented from the new ones during the day. When you apply it at night, you improve the elasticity of skin and have a noticeable change within no time. Your face would be free from wrinkles, fatigue and have a youthful glow.
Darphin Predermine Firming Wrinkle Repair Serum 30ml/1Oz – Rs 11,972.58
This is quite an advanced cream which has been produced with a Smart Firming System. It helps us reactive the collagen and boost elastin. It defies premature aging and promotes skin renewal.
Intensive Wrinkle Reducer 30ml/1oz – Rs 10,475
This cream is formulated with anti-aging complex and promotes turnover of skin cells. It also helps us lock the moisture and retain hydration. Protect your skin from epidermal resurfacing and be free from any sort of irritation. Smoothen those fine lines and reduce possibilities of more wrinkles.
Certitude Absolue – Expert Anti-Wrinkle Care 50ml/1.66oz – Rs 12,445
This cream is includes glyco-protective ingredients along and IBR-TOM which helps you lift up the firmness of skin. Reduce wrinkle and have a fresher looking face.
Un-Wrinkle Turbo Face Serum 30ml/1oz – Rs 8,344
This cream contains a mix of 18 anti-aging neuropeptides & peptides which help you fight 6 stubborn lines of aging. Reveal a younger looking skin which is blessed with brighter complexion.
Capture XP Ultimate Deep Wrinkle Correction Serum 50ml/1.7oz – Rs 11,515.94
This cream is has a concentrated serum which has a lightweight and smooth texture. It penetrates deeply and has active ingredients which help your repair and reveal a younger looking skin. Apply this after cleansing your face and repeat once daily.
Super Aqua Serum Intense Hydration Wrinkle Plumper 30ml/1oz – Rs 9,176
This cream nourishes intensely and is formulated with Aqua Complex for deep hydration and improved skin tone. Unveil an even tone and youthful skin.