Deepika Padukone is one of the most beautiful and popular actress in Bollywood. The dazzling long legged beauty has made millions of fans all over the world with her acting skills, flawless beauty, and a physique to die for. Deepika Padukone is also known for her chiseled body that inspires many women especially who want to lose weight and get in shape.
A perfectly chiseled body demands hard work, a strict diet regime and disciplined lifestyle. Here’s how Deepika Padukone manages to stay fit and maintain her hourglass figure:
Deepika Padukone’s Fight with Depression
Deepika Padukone was a badminton player before entering into Bollywood. This helped her maintain an athletic body. She has recently revealed that the athlete in her gave her some strength to fight off depression and the spirit of not giving up.
Deepika Padukone’s Fitness Regime
Mixed Workout Sessions – Apart from making healthier food choices, the actor also follows a very strict fitness regimen. Her fitness regime includes a combination of dance, cardio, Yoga, and weight training. She does not stick to a specific type of workout routine to avoid boredom to set.
Pilates – The svelte actress is also a huge fan of Pilates and includes it in her fitness routine. The actress has claimed that Pilates combined with stretching have worked wonders for her. It has helped strengthen her core, enhance her flexibility, and improve body posture.
Gym – Although not a huge fan of gym, she hits the place without fail to be in shape. Here are some of the gym workouts she prefers to follow:
- Stretching exercises
- Cardio workouts on the elliptical, treadmill, and bicycle.
- Light to moderate weight training.
- Freehand trainings under the guidance of her trainer including planks, pull-ups squats, crunches, and push-ups.
Yoga – she does not miss out on her yoga routine. She practices different types of asanas each morning. Her yoga routine comprises of:
- 10 counts of Surya Namaskar
- Cat Pose (Marjarisana)
- Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana)
- Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana)
The actress finishes off her Yoga routine with a round of meditation. It helps build her mental strength and improves overall wellbeing.
Deepika Padukone’s Diet Chart
Adopting a healthy diet routine is vital for maintaining a fit, healthy body. Deepika Padukone follows a very strict diet plan. It helps her maintain a leaner, healthier body. Here’s a how she plans her meals through the day.
Early Morning: Deepika starts her day with a glass of limewater or water with fenugreek seeds soaked into it.
Breakfast: Deepika is a huge fan of South Indian food. So her breakfast mainly comprises of healthy cuisines from south, mainly dosa, idli, or upma. She also prefers to have a glass of low fat milk and two eggs for breakfast.
Lunch: Deepika prefers having a balanced diet for lunch. It comprises of grilled fish, fresh vegetable and 2 chapattis.
Evening Snacks: The actress likes to munch on nutrient rich mixed nuts with a cup of filter coffee.
Dinner: A plateful of vegetable salad, bowl of green veggies and chapattis are served for dinner. She does not prefer taking non-vegetarian foods late evening or night.
The actress prefers to have fresh seasonal fruits, coconut water or natural fresh juices. She drinks a lot of water to maintain healthy metabolism and glowing skin. Dark chocolate serves as her favorite dessert option.
Fitness Tips and Trails
- Make fitness a way of life.
- Do not stray from fitness schedule.
- Avoid strict diets. Follow a healthy, nutritious diet comprising of freshly prepared food.
- Avoid processed foods.
- Stick to organic fruits and vegetables.
- A healthy body is about maintaining mind, body and soul. Being skinny is not necessarily healthy.
- Exercise is the key to a healthy body. Dedicate at least one out of twenty-four hours in a day to fitness.
- Have fewer calories than you burn.
- Restrict consumption of chocolates and sweets to occasionally.
- Diet, workout, and sleep go hand in hand. Stress and lack of sleep can affect workout quality.
- Do not diet or exercise for someone else. Diet and fitness works only when you do it for yourself.