Cleansing routine Tanned complexion has its own beauty but it tends to look washed out and patchy if neglected. Regular cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing will give an even tone to the dark complexion.
Right foundation for dark complexion is one which is closest to the skin tone.
- Lighter foundation than skin tone will make the skin look patchy.
- Two shades can be mixed to get the right shade matching the skin tone.
- Oily skin need to be treated with water based foundation and dry skin with cream based foundation.
- It is advisable to adding few drops of water or moisturiser while applying foundation. It will help in blending with the skin tone and preventing patches.
- Foundation must be applied on the neck to avoid the appearance of two shades on the face and neck.
- Apply some translucent powder after makeup because the darker skin turns oily after some time.
- The correct test of the foundation is to check it on the jawline or forehead because that is closest to the skin tone of the face.
Eyes it has been noted that women with dark complexion dark deep eyes and dark eyelashes. These eyes can be highlighted with special makeup
- Cream based eyeliners provide a more natural look than liquid eyeliners.
- Copper, burgundy, prunes and brown eye shadows are more suitable on dark eyes than light colours like purple and pink.
- Mascara helps to highlight the eyes.
Colour for the blush Dark complexion women must opt for coral, rose and dark orange shades of blush. Dark rose shade of blush looks good during the day and wine, bronze and plum shades are better in the evenings. Dark complexion strikes out with blush of shining gold tone in the evenings.
Lip colours Dark complexion women can go in for matte, glossy, frosty and shimmery shades of lip colour. Even dark shades like mauve, burgundy, plums and berry can be chosen. If the lips are dark use some foundation before applying lipstick. Brown, brick, mahogany or brown lipsticks should be avoided as they make the dark complexioned face look pale and darker. Perfect lip colour must be adopted by right complexion for brighter and attractive look.
Dark skin treatment using natural ingredients
- Skin Cleanser raw unboiled milk is the best chemical free skin cleanser. Simply dip a cotton ball in the milk and wipe the face.
- Skin Moisturizer A mask made making a paste of yogurt, orange juice and lemon juice is a good moisturizer for normal skin. A mixture of cooked oats and honey is an excellent moisturizer for dry skin.
- Skin bleach and nourishment Apply a protein mask made out of urad dal and almonds. Soak both the ingredients and grind them into a fine paste in the morning. This mask will nourish and bleach the face very effectively
- Prevention of wrinkles and soften the skin Pure castor oil can be applied on the face to slow down the aging process of the skin.
- Skin Conditioner Honey and milk cream mixed together make an excellent skin conditioner.
- Skin Blemishes rubbing a raw potato on the face will help to get rid of blemishes and provides a light tone to the skin.
- Sun-Protection Lotion A concoction of cucumber juice, rosewater and glycerine makes an efficient homemade sun protection lotion.
Other home remedies
There are several other home remedies for dark that have been used since ages and proved to be very simple safe and effective
- Gram flour is found to be one of the most popular remedy for dark skin. Make a paste of raw milk gram flour and lemon juice and apply it on the face. Wash with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Lime juice and turmeric make a good mask for dark skin. It helps to give a lighter hue to the skin.
- Aloe Vera pulp, turmeric powder and milk are a good remedy to treat dark skin. Prepare a paste of all three ingredients and apply on the face. Leave it for 15 minutes before washing.
- Dark complexion can be easily treated by massaging the face with coconut oil 3-4 times week.
Ladies with dark complexion skin always suffers from a complexion. Even if their face and features are sharp, they would be jealous about the women with fair complexion. They think they are more beautiful just because of their complexion. They actually require some boost in their appearance. Makeup is the best way to recover such portion and get a stop gap. Let us discuss about such grooming tips that will make a lady with dark complexion really beautiful. You must have seen your favorite stars who looks really awesome in screen. Even there are many female actresses with absolutely dark complexion. makeup and grooming tips is all that has made them attractive.
Grooming tips for dark complexion females
Application of ice
Applying makeup has techniques. If you compare the makeup applied by you with that of a professional makeup artist, you can easily find out the difference in quality. It is just because the expert has the technique. One of the tips which experts use is application of eyes. Before applying makeup you need to use ice and rub over your face gently and use a towel to pat dry.
These days concealers have a greater use in the market as it helps in covering all flaws over your face. Ladies with dark complexion of skin also have various flaws. If you have blemishes or scar marks, the concealers work in a wonderful way to hide them easily. Thus, just after applying the ice, you need to use the concealers to hide the spot.
The next step will be the liquid foundation. Both dark color and light color foundation must be used in a great combination to give a perfect blend to your face. You need to use little dark color liquid foundation and use maximum of light color so that your face become lighter and fairer as you always through upon.
Use a blender
The foundation must be properly blended to your face and even your neck portion so that the makeup looks natural and not makeup. There should not be single patches in any portion of your forehead or cheeks. Just make a perfect blend with powder face pack over your face.