Natural homemade lotions for the body are found to be very effective to keep the skin nourished and healthy. Homemade body lotions are made from natural ingredients which are safe, effective economical and skin friendly. It can be used on sensitive skin as well.
Lotions are easy to use and yes it is preparing them is even easy too. With the readily available ingredients we can prepare them at home with in just 10 minutes. One can add their specific scents and flavors according to their skin types and endeavoring wish of making special lotions.
The list of ingredients that can be used more frequent in preparing the lotions include winter green, ginger, chamomile, coconut while preparing a lotion for face, rose water and almond oil while making it for the daily skin care lotion. You can also add the scents like mint, vanilla, lavender flavors to give your lotion new fragrances.
Basic body lotion recipe for cracks and dry patches
Ingredients needed for the preparation are
- 1/2 cup almond (or) olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup beeswax
How to make
Nourishing hand and body cream for all skin types
Follow the steps to prepare an easy homemade body lotion with the simple and powerful ingredients like shea butter and cocoa butter.
Ingredients required for preparing shea butter and cocoa butter lotion at home for hand and body
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup cocoa butter
- 1 Tbsp aloe vera juice
- 1 Tbsp liquid oil of choice (choose sweet almond, jojoba, etc.)
- 5-10 drops essential oils
Goat milk, aloe – Hand and body lotion for dry and dull skin
Easy nourishing homemade body lotions and recipes
Luxurious homemade body lotion for dry skin
How to make body lotion at home for dry skin? Required ingredients: Shea butter, bees wax, coconut oil and almond or olive oil. There is an option to add Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter in place of shea butter.
Combine all the ingredients in a small glass jar. Boil water in the sauce pan and place the jar with a loosely fit cap. The ingredients in the jar will melt as the water is heated.
Shake the jar from time to time until all the ingredients have melted. Pour it into a jar where it can be easily stored and used for six months. Get relief from dry skin with homemade shea butter body lotion.
Olive butter softening body lotion
What are the benefits of olive butter lotion for skin care? Olive butter lotion is an effective body moisturizing lotion and having a skin nourishing qualities.
It is made with coconut oil, beeswax, camellia seeds, olive butter and sweet almond oil. Use a double boiler to melt the beeswax and then mix all the other oils and store in a jar for regular use.
Homemade body lotion for Mature Skin
From the mid of twenties, skin starts to change. Use this homemade body lotion for getting rid of aging skin. Mature skin body lotion is made with carrot seed oil, frankincense oil, and myrrh, beeswax and jojoba oil. Melt all the ingredients, cool them and store in a glass jar.
How to prepare stretch mark lotion at home
How to get rid of stretch marks naturally? This effective stretch marks lotion helps to reduce the marks on skin. It is made with apricot kernel oil, vitamin E oil, cocoa butter and grated beeswax. Melt all the ingredients in a double boiler and blend them together. Pour the mixture in glass jars when it is lukewarm.
Homemade cocoa butter body lotion for healing sensitive and dry skin
Cocoa butter body lotion provides a deep hydration all over and gives long lasting moisturizing to skin. made with avocado butter, beeswax, coconut oil, cocoa butter and hemp seed oil.
Melt beeswax in a double boiler, add cocoa butter and whisk gently. Leave it to cool and then add the other ingredients. Pour in glass jar and store it for daily use.
Rash eczema cream lotion
This is a perfect lotion to treat skin conditions like eczema and other rashes. It is made with bees wax, lavender oil, German Chamomile, vitamin E oi, Shea Butter and sweet almond oil. Melt the ingredients and mix them well. Cool it and store in a desired container.
Some other body lotions
- Coconut butter body lotion is prepared with beeswax, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and sweet almond oil. Heat I the bees wax in a double boiler till it melts. Add the other ingredients and mix well. Pour it in a broad mouth jar and let it set. This lotion becomes thick as it cools. It should be used daily to keep the skin healthy.
- Olive and coconut oil with beeswax this is a lotion can be applied on all types of skin, especially for sensitive skin. The three ingredients are melted, cooled and stored in jars.
- Jojoba oil body lotion is better for beautiful skin jojoba oil is mixed with chamomile and comfrey essential oils. Few drops of Vitamin E oil can be added to it. It is a perfect body lotion to soothe and nourish the skin
- Aloe gel and oil lotion for skin moisturizing It is very useful during the summer months also. This lotion can be prepared by extracting the gel from the aloe Vera leaves by adding herbal tea tree oil. Add sweet almond oil and bees wax to it. Melt all the ingredients in a double boiler and leave it to cool. Store the lotion in glass jars.
- Instant body lotion This lotion is convenient for people with busy life schedule. It can be made instantly and it also lasts for a longer time. It can be prepared quickly and then stored in the refrigerator for a few weeks. The ingredients required for this lotion are lime and tea tree essential oils which are added in a cup of whipped aloe Vera gel in which a few drops of olive is added. This lotion has a sweet fragrance and it works wonders on the skin.