Dandruff is a common condition of the scalp in which the deposited dead skin cells fall as flakes. It is not a serious or contagious condition, but definitely puts one in an embarrassing situation. Causes of dandruff include dryness of skin, oily scalp, eczema, yeast like fungus deposit and side effect of certain hair products.
Amongst the several homemade natural remedies for treating dandruff fenugreek or methi seeds are found to be very effective. Methi or fenugreek seeds are a very common spice used in India. These seeds are rich in many nutrients and minerals like magnesium and potassium which have the potentiality to treat most problems of the scalp and hair.
Fenugreek is one of natural spices from the kitchen. In India it mostly called with the name “ methi seeds”. The fenugreek seeds are rich of minerals like potassium, sodium, magnesium. This fenugreek seeds are used to solve the many hair problems like dandruff, itchy scalp, damaged and dull hair etc. All these hair problems are treated with the fenugreek seeds.
Hair mask improves the hair condition and gives the Solutions to the hair problems. The fenugreek seeds contain the many minerals beneficial to the hair. Applying the fenugreek hair mask will give the remedy for your hair problem. In this article I want to introduce some of the hair masks prepared with the fenugreek seeds.
Benefits of fenugreek seeds in hair care
Fenugreek seeds are extremely beneficial in treating dandruff, preventing hair fall, hair loss and in dealing with other problems of the scalp. Regular use of fenugreek seeds on hair helps in delaying the process of graying hair. The hair becomes thicker and shinier with methi. Fenugreek seeds are also helpful in preventing split ends of the hair.
How does fenugreek seeds treat dandruff?
Fenugreek seeds have been used to treat problems of dandruff since Ancient times. These seeds contain nicotinic and proteins which are extremely effective in getting rid of dandruff and in treating other problems of dry hair like split ends and dull hair. The lecithin content in fenugreek hydrates the hair and strengthens the roots. The best way to use fenugreek seeds for hair is to soak the seeds in water overnight and then grind them to a paste in the morning. This paste can be mixed with coconut or olive oil or vinegar or curd to make an effective anti-dandruff mask for the hair. The mucilage of the seeds is produced when the seeds are soaked have a conditioning effect on the hair. These seeds have all the properties to keep the hair healthy, strong and beautiful.
The anti-fungal properties of fenugreek are found to be extremely effective in fighting dandruff caused by yeast or fungal infection on the scalp. The yeast like fungus that attaches itself to the hair follicles restricts hair growth and blocks the pores of the hair follicles. Fenugreek seeds help in getting rid of this fungal infection and in promotinghealthy hair growth.
Homemade fenugreek seeds hair masks
Fenugreek seeds dandruff hair pack
- Soak the 3 – 4 tbsp of fenugreek seeds in the water. Take the fenugreek seeds according to your hair volume and length.
- Grind the fenugreek seeds in the next day morning. Take the paste in the bowl.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon and add the 1 tbsp of lemon juice to the paste.
- Apply this paste to the hair scalp and hair ends.
- Cover the hair with cap and dried it for 30minutes.
- Finally rinse it off with the cool water.
Fenugreek conditioner hair pack
- Take the 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds in the mixer.
- Grind the fenugreek seeds like fine powder.
- Mix the fenugreek powder with the glass of milk.
- Apply this milk throughout the hair.
- Cover the hair with the cap for 30 minutes.
- Then wash the hair with mild shampoo. This hair mask is the natural hair conditioner.
Fenugreek leaves hair fall control mask
- Boil the fenugreek leaves in the water for 5 minutes.
- Extract the fenugreek leaves with sieve and mesh the leaves into smooth paste.
- Add the same amount of curd to the paste.
- Apply this mixture evenly all over the hair.
- Bind the hair with cap for 30minutes.
- Now take the hair bath and wash the hair with mild shampoo.
Fenugreek & amla hair mask
- Take the fenugreek seeds powder from the mixer.
- Mix the 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds powder,2 tbsp of alma powder and 4-5 tbsp of lemon juice in bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well and make the smooth paste.
- Apply this paste all over the hair and dried it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
Fenugreek is the natural spices made for hair and by using these hair masks get rid of the hair problems.
Hair masks and packs made with fenugreek seeds
- Fenugreek hair mask is considered to be the best natural remedy for treating dandruff. Soak and grind a handful of fenugreek seeds into a fine paste. Add the juice of one lemon in to the paste and mix well. Apply on the scalp and hair and keep the head covered with a shower cap for 45 minutes. Rinse with cold water and shampoo the hair using a mild shampoo.
- Fenugreek seeds and coconut oil — Fenugreek seeds infused with coconut oil is beneficial in getting rid of dandruff. Prepare a concoction by boiling pure coconut oil with some fenugreek seeds. Leave it cool and then strain off the seeds. Apply this oil on the scalp at night and then shampoo the hair in the morning.
- Fenugreek seeds powder and egg yolk—this paste is very effective to treat dryness of the scalp and in turn to get rid of dandruff. Soak methi seeds in water overnight and then make a paste of it in the morning. Add an egg and mix it well. Apply this mixture on the scalp and wash it off or shampoo the hair with normal water after 45 minutes.
- Fenugreek and yogurt hair mask is the best mask for dry and damaged hair dry hair. It gives relief to the itchy scalp caused by dandruff. Soak fenugreek seeds in yogurt overnight. Grind and make a paste in the morning and apply on the hair. Leave it on for half an hour. And then wash the hair with cold water.
- Fenugreek for itchy scalp an itchy scalp is the main symptom of dandruff. This solution prepared with Tulsa leaves, sesame oil and fenugreek seeds work wonders on an itchy scalp. To prepare this solution heat sesame oil mixed with ground Tulsi leaves on low flame and add some fenugreek seeds. Remove the oil from the gas soon after the seeds crackle. Cool and strain the oil. Apply it on the scalp and wash the hair after 15 minutes
- Fenugreek seeds powder and lemon juice mixed together can be used as an effective treatment for dandruff. Make a paste using both the ingredients and apply it on the hair and scalp. Wash the hair with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
You can easily come across variety of healthy applications with the help of fenugreek seeds. If you have dandruff, you can get relief of it with the help of the fenugreek seeds. Dandruff will be really irritating especially when you are going to face the crowd. It will keep your scalp itching and end up with taking out of skin layer. Sometimes you may also keep on bleeding through the process of itching. Getting cosmetic hair care products are easy. But, getting a natural remedy will be a must. There are ways to use methi seeds or fenugreek seeds in removing dandruff from your scalp.
Homemade fenugreek seeds for dandruff
Fenugreek and lemon
As you have known for a long time that lemon has a wonderful property of removing dandruff from your scalp, but it too has acidic property. But, fenugreek seeds combined with it can provide a great remedy. You have to soak 2 spoons of fenugreek seeds overnight and make a paste of it. Now add a spoon of lemon juice in it. Mix it and apply over your scalp. You will stay away from dandruff.
Aloe vera and fenugreek
Dandruff can take place due to many reasons. One of the causes can be accumulation of dust and oil in form of sweat in summer. Now you can get a soothing touch on your scalp with the help of Aloe Vera. Fenugreek on the other hand works as a treatment for dandruff. You must soak fenugreek seed and make a paste of it. Now mix Aloe Vera gel with it. Apply it over your scalp and stay away from dandruff.
Tomato and fenugreek seeds
Another great combination for dandruff will be tomato juice and fenugreek seeds. You have to make a smashing pulp of tomato and extract juice from it. On the other hand make a paste of fenugreek seeds. Now mix both and apply over your scalp. You must apply it in such a way that it covers all the portion of scalp near the roots. But no need to apply on hair, you can get a great remedy.