Multani mitti, also known as fuller’s earth, is used to enhance skin and hair health. It is an excellent substance that absorbs excess oil and dirt from the skin as well as from scalp and hair. It also improves blood circulation, thereby provides optimum nutrition to skin and hairs.
Multani mitti uses in hair
- Prevents hair fall: Multani mitti reduces the hair loss by improving the blood supply into the hair follicle. Further, it also unclogs the pores and absorbs excess oil from the hair and scalp.
- Improves hair growth: Multani mitti, by increasing the flow of nutrients to the hair, promotes hair growth. Further, it cleanses the scalp and hair and thus reduces itchiness.
- Improves blood circulation: Multani mitti improves the blood circulation and helps to enhance the overall health of the hairs.
- Hair conditioner: Multan mitti has the high-water content and provides moisturization to dull and dry hairs.
- Hair Detoxification: Multan mitti absorbs excess oil and other impurities and dead cells from the scalp as well as on hairs and helps detoxifications of hairs.
- Unclogging pores: By absorbing the oil and other tissue debris, Multan mitti unclog the pores of the scalp.
- Prevents split hair: Multan mitti also helps to prevent split hairs and makes your hair stronger and healthier.
- Removes dandruff: When mixed with other ingredients in hair pack or hair masks, multani mitti removes dandruff and prevents its recurrence.
How to use multani mitti for healthy hair
Multan mitti can be used in various ways to enhance the health of hair. Multan mitti can also be added to other ingredients to provide a synergistic efficacy for strong and glowing hairs and preventing hair loss. Following are the various mixtures of multani mitti that can be applied:
- Multan mitti pack to reduce hair fall: Multan mitti is mixed with black pepper and yogurt to reduce hair fall. Black pepper increases blood circulation. 4 teaspoon Multani mitti is mixed with half teaspoon of black pepper powder and three-fourths cup of yogurt. Mix thoroughly and apply the mixture on hair. Leave the mixture for half-an-hour and wash thoroughly with water.
- Multani mitti pack for dry hair: A small amount of Multani mitti (approximately 40 gm) is thoroughly mixed with 4 tablespoons of curd, and 7-8 tablespoon of lemon juice to obtain a mixture of thin consistency. Apply the mixture on the hairs with the help of your hands and wear a shower cap. Leave the mixture on hair for about an hour and wash hairs with water. If required, shampoo can be applied on hairs to remove excess mixture or any smell.
- Multani mitti for Dandruff: 2 teaspoons, 2 teaspoons of soaked methi and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice are thoroughly mixed to obtain a mixture. If the mixture is thick, rose water can be added to reduce thickness. Apply the mixture on hair and scalp and allow it to dry for 30-40 minutes. Wash the hair and scalp thoroughly with water. For effective removal of dandruff, this hair pack should be repeated twice a week for at least 2 months.
- Multani Mitti for split ends: Massage your hair with olive oil at night. Mix 2 teaspoons Multani mitti, 2 teaspoon aloe vera gel, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice are mixed thoroughly, and sufficient rose water is added to obtain a smooth consistency. The mixture is then applied on the scalp and hair and leave it to dry for 40 minutes. Scalp and hairs are then washed thoroughly with water.
- Multani Mitti for Oily hairs: Mix two tablespoons of Multani mitti with an equal quantity of reetha powder. Add water in sufficient quantity to obtain a smooth, consistent and lump-less mixture. Apply the mixture on the hair and scalp and leave it for 40 minutes or until the color of the paste completely changes. Wash off the dried paste from hairs and scalp with water.
- Multani mitti for hair conditioning: Multani mitti, Amla powder, Retha powder, and Shikakai powder are added in an equal amount (2 teaspoons). Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in the dry mixture. Add water to this mixture to obtain a thin consistent paste. Apply this mixture on scalp and hair and leave it to dry for 60 minutes. Wash off the paste with water.
- Multani mitti for hair straightening: Before applying this pack, hairs should be oiled the previous night. 1 egg white, one cup Multani mitti and 5 teaspoon rice flour are mixed thoroughly to obtain a paste. If the paste is too thick, rose water can be added to reduce the thickness of the paste. Apply the paste on hair and let it dry for 30-40 minutes. Comb your hair 2-3 times to make them straight during the drying period. Rinse your hair thoroughly to completely remove the mixture.
- Multani Mitti for fast hair growth: 3 teaspoons of Multani mitti, 2 tablespoon yogurt, 2 tablespoon reetha powder, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 2 teaspoon honey are taken and mixed thoroughly to obtain a smooth paste without any lump. Prior to use this paste, massage your hair with olive oil or coconut oil. Apply the mixture on hairs with hands and leave it to dry for about 30-40 minutes. Wash your hairs with water.
- Multani mitti for all hair types: This hair pack is for all hair types such as oily hair or dry hair. 4 teaspoons of multani mitti are added to 2 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Add this mixture to half cup yogurt and mix them thoroughly to obtain a smooth paste. Apply this mixture on the scalp and hairs and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash hair with water. This pack may be repeated every week.