Cucumber is one household food item that can be found in such a wide array of dishes as well as beauty products. Incredibly cheap and easy to find, the fruit does wonders for your skin due to its content of some incredible antioxidants like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, zeaxanthin, carotenes and lutein. These are able to give your skin the defense to fight skin damage caused from free radical damage as well as reactive oxygen species. It doesn’t irritate the eyes and is excellent at cooling puffy eyes as well as plumping and hydrating the skin.
How to get fair skin with cucumber?
Here are some best face pack recipes with cucumber for your skin.
Aloe vera and cucumber face pack
This pack is aimed at increasing the glow of your skin and help in rejuvenating it from within. The aloe vera helps in nourishing the skin and improving the skin texture.
- 1tbsp aloe vera gel/juice
- 1/4th of a cucumber, grated
- Mix the grated cucumber and aloe vera gel together.
- Apply the mixture carefully, as it will be quite runny on your face and neck.
- Let it seep in for around 15 minutes and wash off with some warm water.
Cucumber and honey pack
Honey has amazing humectant properties that can help your skin retain the moisture that you get from the cucumber. It is also amazing for your skin tone and promotes fairer skin. The oats also help scrub the skin to help remove dead cells to reveal fairer skin underneath.
- 1 tbsp oats, processed in a food processor to get a coarse powder
- 1tbsp cucumber, grated
- ½ tbsp honey
- Combine the oats and the cucumber together and add in the honey.
- Apply the mixture in a thin layer and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with some lukewarm water.
Almond and cucumber pack
This is an ideal pack for people who have dry skin types. Almond is rich in Vitamin B and can help soften and nourish the skin to make it look glowing from within. It also helps in reducing dark circles, eye wrinkles and puffy eyes.
- 1tbsp almond butter
- 1/4th grated cucumber
- Peel and chop your cucumber into some small pieces.
- In a blender, blend the cucumber and almond butter together.
- Apply the pack evenly on your face and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Tomato and cucumber face pack
Tomatoes are amazing for lightening your skin tone and getting a brighter skin tone.
- 1/4th of a cucumber
- ½ of a ripe tomato
- Blend the cucumber and tomato together.
- Apply the paste on the face, massaging it into the skin in circular motions.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing off.
Yogurt and cucumber pack
This pack is ideal for a bad skin day and leaves you looking instantly glowing and works wonders for acne prone and sensitive skin types. The yogurt helps in boosting your complexion and the cucumber deeply hydrates to make your skin look refreshed and replenished.
- 1/4th cucumber, grated finely
- 2tbsp yogurt
- Grate 1/4th of a cucumber to get a pulp.
- Mix this with the yogurt and form a paste.
- Apply the mix on your face in an even layer. Let it dry for around 15 minutes and wash it off with some warm water.
Besan and cucumber pack
Besan is well known for its properties to enhance your natural glow and give you fairer skin.
- 2tbsp besan/gram flour
- 2-3tbsp cucumber juice
- Grate 1/4th of a whole cucumber.
- Put the grated cucumber into a piece of cheesecloth and tie it into a ball.
- Squeeze the ball to get cucumber juice.
- Mix this juice with the besan to get an even, smooth paste.
- Apply this paste all over your face and neck and let dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Cucumber and multani mitti pack
This is a protective pack that clarifies your skin of impurities to help boost fairness.
- 2 tbsp cucumber juice
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1-2 tbsp multani mitti or fuller’s earth.
- Mix the cucumber juice (prepared as mentioned before) with the rose water.
- Add this to the fuller’s earth to form a thick paste.
- Apply on your face and let it dry completely before washing off with warm water.