With the effects of the harsh sun, pollution and stress on our skin, we slowly start losing our fair and glowing skin. Neem is one of the most popular herbs used in Ayurvedic medicine that has a number of amazing skin and health benefits. Neem leaves are easy to source and can be used in a number of DIY face packs that can help tackle most of the common skin conditions you encounter on a daily basis. With its range of antiseptic, antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits, neem can help cure a number of skin infections, acne, pimples, scars, age spots and dark spots. With regular use, these packs can help you get spotless smooth skin.
The top 5 neem face packs for glowing, radiant, blemish free skin
Tackle dark spots and age spots with neem face pack
Dark spots and age spots can make your skin look dull and aged. With this pack, you get the benefits of apple cider vinegar which has mild skin bleaching properties to lessen the appearance of spots on the skin. The presence of honey helps promote the texture of your skin as well as moisturize and hydrate the skin due to the humectant properties of honey.
- 2 tbsp Neem Powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together and beat with a fork to get a smooth paste.
- Place this pack in the fridge and let it cool down for around 30 minutes.
- Cleanse your face and splash some lukewarm water.
- Apply the cold mask with a face pack brush in an even layer.
- Let it sit for around 10 minutes and rinse.
Fair, radiant skin with neem face pack
This pack combines the benefits of skin-lightening properties of the starchy rice water and the properties of rose petals to give you a healthy, resilient and fair skin tone. This pack helps in revealing a brighter, fairer and more radiant skin without the use of chemical products that may harm the texture of your skin.
- A small handful of neem leaves
- A few drops of rice water
- A small handful of rose petals
- In a mortar and pestle, make a paste of the neem leaves and rose petals.
- Add a few drops of rice water as necessary to get a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on cleansed skin and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and rub an ice cube on the skin for a healthy glow.
Acne scar reduction with neem face pack
So, your acne has finally cleared up and has left behind the dreaded acne scars. If you are looking for a pack that can help you get rid of blemishes, freckles and scars from your skin, this is ideal for you. The mild skin bleaching properties of potato and lemon can help you get a spotless, radiant skin.
- 2 tbsp neem powder
- A few potato slices
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mash the potato in a food processor and strain out the juice.
- Add the lemon and neem powder.
- Mix the ingredients well to get a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and apply some potato slices on your eyes.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse with some cold water.
Clear skin with neem face pack
If you are out and about on the road, you know that your skin will suffer. This pollution busting pack will help remove all the excess impurities, dirt and oil from your skin and makes it instantly clearer, brighter and cleaner.
- 1 tbsp neem powder
- 2 tbsp aloe vera
- Combine the two ingredients together to form a paste.
- Cleanse and tone your face with some rose water.
- Apply the pack.
- Let it dry completely and rinse with cold water.
Dark patches cure with neem pack
Dark patches on your skin can make it look aged, uneven and dull. If you are looking for a way to get rid of dark patches, this is an ideal pack for you.
- 1 tbsp neem powder
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the ingredients together with a fork to get a smooth and even consistency.
- Let the mixture cool down in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Cleanse your face with some lukewarm water.
- With a face pack brush, apply the paste in an even layer.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with some cool water.