Today people are using homemade and natural techniques to stay beautiful. If you are using the creams and cosmetics available in the market to stay beautiful, it is the time to take a step back and avail the home made and natural way of staying healthy. One of the kitchen ingredients named as baking soda works really well for several beauty benefits with regards to skin and hair care. You can use baking soda in number of ways and techniques to make yourself look charming. Just some simple tips will make your feel quite different than what you actually are. Since baking soda is non toxic in origin, you can get variety of uses with a safe hand.
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate has the skin care and beauty care benefits. Then rises the question “is baking soda used for skin and beauty care?” A few of us know the benefits of baking soda. It is one of the highly available kitchen ingredient and rarely used kitchen ingredient in beauty care.
The chemical formula for the baking soda is NaHCo3. Baking soda does not react with the water, it simply dissolves in water. Baking soda can be used as the body scrub, foot soak, acne cure, beauty treatment etc
How to use baking soda in beauty treatments
- Baking soda works as exfoliate for the skin. Take the 1 tbsp of baking soda, 2 tbsp of oatmeal powder in bowl and add the sufficient amount of water in the bowl. Mix them well and grab the paste in hand applies all over the face evenly. Wait for 5 – 10 minutes. Then wash the face. This works as the exfoliate and cleans the dirt and dead skin cells from the skin.
- Take the 2 tbsp of baking soda and mix the some water to make the pate. Apply this paste on the face. This paste lightens the dark skin complexion and act as the facial bleach. Rinse it off after 5- 10 minutes. Not to kept this paste more than 10 minutes on the face.
- You can make foot soak recipe with baking soda. Add the ½ tbsp of baking soda in bucket of water. Soak your feet for 30 minutes and rub the foot with stone.
- Bathing recipe with baking soda is simple recipe. Take the 2 tbsp of baking soda and 2 tbsp of Epsom salt to the bucket. Now take the bath. This bathing recipe cleans the body toxins and removes the skin free radicals.
- Sunburns itching and irritation can be reduced with this baking soda. Add the 1 tbsp of baking soda in mug of water. Dip the cotton cloth in the water and wash the sunburn area slowly with cloth. This makes you free from itching and irritation.
- Mix the 2 tbsp of baking soda with 1 tbsp of warm water. Apply this paste on the nails. This treats the infected and fungus attacked nails. For the shinning nail mix the 1 tbsp of baking soda in glass of water. Soak the nails in water for 10 minutes then clean with cotton pad.
- Mix the water in baking soda and make the fine thick paste. Apply this paste on the acne and pimples. Wash it after 5 minutes.
- Add the pinch of baking soda along with the shampoo continue the hair bath. Baking soda helps to remove the residue sit inside the hair scalp and make the scalp itching free.
Use the baking soda for the beauty and skin care. Try all the beauty tips with baking soda.
Baking soda benefits for skin and hair
Use as deodorant
During the summer, the weather condition demand more hydration. Unfortunately people sweats too much with micro organisms to breed there and give rise to bad odors. You have been using different types of deodorants from the market with the smells according to your likings. But, those are rich in chemicals and can damage your skin.
You can now make an excellent deodorant easily at home with the help of baking soda and essential oil. You need to take 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl and add few drops of essential oil that you like the most. It is a natural deodorant that you can use with a puff under your arm and other skin areas where you sweat too much.
Since baking soda has very tiny grain like substance, making a homemade scrub for your face will be really easy with it. You need to take a spoon of baking soda and same amount of water. Mix it well if you think it is getting dry, you can add another spoon of water. Make a semi solid paste out of it. Apply it over your face and slowly rub it giving a circular movement. Do this for 1 minute and wash it away. This is an excellent remedy of removing dead skin from your face completely. Your skin will become really smooth and beautiful after doing this for at least twice in a week.
Sometimes, even after brushing your teeth twice in a day, a foul smell can be present in your mouth for a long time. If you can do mouth wash along with brushing, this smell can be reduced. To make this mouth wash at home, the ingredients you would require are one teaspoon of baking soda and few drops of peppermint essential oil. Mix them in a glass of water and stir it with a spoon. Use this solution for mouth wash and get fresh breath for a long time.
Makeup brush cleaner
If you have used too much foundation and blush along with other water proof make up with the help of the makeup brush, it is time to clean them up and make it free from stale make up. Even if you have used soap solution and washing powder, the stickiness of makeup over the brush might not go completely. Natural way of cleaning the makeup brush will be much easier. Baking powder can be used in removing unwanted make up from the brush completely. You just need to take a cup of water and add a teaspoon of baking soda with it. Mix it up well and wash your make up brush with the solution. This will effectively remove all oils and sticky appearance left on the makeup brush.
If you are willing to stay beautiful, your teeth will be one of the important considerations. Your million dollar smile should never be as pale as papaya or lemon. It should be milky white at any cost. For a long time, soda has been considered as one of the ways to make the teeth white and shinny. You just need to take a tooth brush and pour half spoon of baking soda. Start brushing each tooth of yours from the top to bottom covering each tooth touching its every corner. Do this every day to get dazzling white teeth with every smile of yours. You can also use your thumb finger to cover your teeth as with the baking soda as this will provide good coverage.
Baking soda has primary use of making baking items such as cookies, cakes etc. Even for cleaning purpose one uses baking soda. But, this article will speak about baking soda benefits with respect to beauty. Even for hair care and skin care baking soda works in a wonderful way. There are certain ways through which you can get fantastic view of your skin without using any chemicals and cosmetics in the market. You can also get beautiful teeth with the perfect application of soda and salt.
Best baking soda benefits for beauty, skin and hair care
If you have pimples and acne all over your face, this might be very difficult for you to present yourself in front of the mass. The acne mask with soda will be really effective for skin care. For this you require two spoons of baking soda and add olive oil to make it a pulp. Apply the paste on your face and massage in circular motion. Also keep this for 30 minutes and remove it.
Baking soda for blackheads
Most of the people have blackheads problem that is seen to have grown around the nose area, chin. Now with baking soda benefits, you can easily remove such tough blackheads on various joints over your face. You have to use cotton ball and dip inside the hot water. There after apply it around your nose area where to make the skin soft. Now apply the paste of soda and water. You need to rub it against your skin and remove with cold water.
Dandruff can be very common problem faced by many individuals. This can be due to dry skin and scalp infection. But, hair care benefits of baking soda include dandruff removal. You can make a paste with baking soda and water. Now apply the paste over your scalp and rub it gently. You can feel all the dandruff getting washed away with the scrub. Then you can use a mild shampoo to wash it away. See the difference and enjoy benefit.