Inflammation is the localized part of the body that becomes red, swollen and painful. Inflammation in the body can take place in a number of reasons like with high temperatures, eating processed foods, sugar etc.
Anti-inflammatory diet is a road to good health. It has the potential fighting benefits to reduce inflammation. Anti- inflammatory diet is not a diet in the real sense. It is neither a diet for weight loss nor an eating plan to stay for a limited period of time.
It is the way of selecting and preparing food in a scientific manner that it can provide maximum health benefit to the body.
This diet will contain a good amount of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and dietary fiber. Experts have come to the conclusion that anti –inflammatory diet is more effective for certain health problems.
Inflammation can appear now and then on your skin due to variety of reasons. Sudden fall from a height can create inflammation on your body part. Some other physical conditions such as arthritis can be a reason behind inflammation.
Most of us are not aware of the positive part. Yes, inflammation is the immune response of the body which helps us to heal. But this should also have a certain limit. If you get much more inflamed skin, it can give you severe health conditions.
One of the health disorders is rheumatoid arthritis. Even the food habits of yours can give rise to inflammation in your body. Let us find out some anti- inflammatory foods.
Why anti-inflammatory diets?
It is a general concept that constant inflammation in the body leads to ill health. Hence eating to avoid inflammation leads to better health and can keep away from diseases.
Inflammation is a silence epidemic that develops chronic diseases in several years. One could feel healthy but still have high level of inflammation. There are various descriptions of anti-inflammatory foods.
Some anti-inflammatory foods include
- Salmon contains anti-inflammatory omega-3s and is known to cure many diseases.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil provides a healthy dose of fats that fights inflammation. It can help in lowering risks of asthma and arthritis and protect the heart and blood vessels.
- Cruciferous Vegetables like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower are loaded with antioxidants. They help to get rid of possible harmful compounds in the body by natural detoxification.
- Blueberries reduce inflammation and protect the brain from aging.They help to prevent diseases, like cancer and dementia.
- Turmeric is a powerful spice that contains a natural anti-inflammatory compound. It is said to have the effects of other pain killer medicines.
- Ginger helps in reducing inflammation and controlling blood sugar.
- Garlic reduces inflammation, regulate the glucose levels and help in fighting infection.
- Green Tea contains anti-inflammatory ingredient that also helps to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- Sweet potatoes are a source of carbohydrates, fiber, manganese, Vitamin B and Vitamin C. They help in the healing of inflammations in the body.
Anti-inflammatory diet tips
The aim of eating should be to have a variety of diets cooked in different ways.
- Fruits and vegetables must be consumed in abundance.
- Aim to eat freshly cooked foods.
- Carbohydrates, fat, and protein must be included in each meal.
- Consumption of foods made from fine wheat flour and sugar need to be reduced. Instead more whole grains, brown rice and bugler wheat should be included.
- Saturated fat like ghee, butter cream, fatty meats should be taken in a limited amount.
- Fibre from fruits, vegetables and whole grains should be increased.
- Fruits and vegetables of different colours like tomato, black berries, orange, lemon and leafy vegetables are a good choice.
- Vitamins and Minerals can be daily obtained by eating a diet with fresh foods and lot of fruits and vegetables.
- Water should be taken several times during the day.
Best anti inflammatory foods
Dark leafy vegetables
The dark green leaves in veggies are one of the wonderful elements that will help you stay away from serious inflammation. Research says that it has good amount of vitamin E which is very active in protecting the body from inflammatory condition.
The veggies included in this connection are spinach, broccoli, Kale etc. You must consume these in your meals to get free from inflammation.
Nuts to reduce inflammation
You can also get rid of inflammation with regular nuts intake. The healthy nuts include almonds, walnuts, pistachios etc.
All these nuts have good quantity of fibers, vitamin E, calcium and adequate amount of alpha- linolenic acid. Since they are filled with antioxidants, it will effectively keep you away from inflammation.
Low fat diary
The low fat dairy is good source of reducing the health conditions like arthritis, Osteoporosis etc. The result of these diseases is inflammation. The protein in low fat dairy is appropriate to bring you health.
You can consume skimmed milk, yogurt and other low fat milk substitutes to help you stay away from the inflammatory skin condition. Your body will get good amount of Vitamin D and calcium that is good for staying away from inflamed skin.
Another wonderful food available at your kitchen is peppers. These are the colorful vegetables generally found in red and yellow color. These vegetables also have good amount of vitamins and antioxidants that work well to reduce inflamed skin.