Your skin health is dependent on variety of factors one of which is blemishes which is again backed with acne breakouts and skin discoloration. There can be variety of reasons behind it one among which is poor diet, genetics, hormonal imbalance, lack of skin care etc. Even if you are aging, you can suffer from various skin problems such as wrinkles and fine lines. The clogged pores over your skin layer can give rise to pimples, blackheads as well as whiteheads. There is variety of products in the market that deems to cure variety of skin problems along with blemishes. But, you can also get natural solution to cure blemishes on your skin layer. Some natural vegetables and ingredients available at home can help removing blemishes without any side effects.
Blemishes are discolored or marked areas on the skin. These marks may develop due to boils, pimples or acne on the skin. Sometimes blemishes and marks are caused by injuries, age, sunburns, freckles or moles.
Ayurveda home remedies
There are some remedies based on the doctrine of Ayurveda which is an ancient Indian science of treatment. These remedies are completely natural and can be made at home. They have no side effects. These remedies are made of
- Milk and almonds Application of the paste of soaked and ground almonds and milk clears blemishes.
- Potato A slice of potato rubbed on the skin two to three times a day is very beneficial. The pulp or juice of a raw potato when applied as a mask clears skin blemishes. The marks caused by suntan can also be lightened by rubbing shredded slices of the potato.
- Mint Application of fresh crushed mint leaves for some time is also helpful to get rid of blemishes.
Other natural home remedies
- Lemon is one of the best home remedies that can be used on a blemished skin. The Vitamin C of the lemon works in discoloring spots and in lightening the skin. It can be used directly on the spots or applied by mixing it with sugar, rosewater and honey or turmeric powder. A dried mixture of dried lemon and orange peel is helpful in treating blemishes.
- Honey is best for a blemished skin. It is a perfect disinfecting agent to get rid of microbes causing blemishes. A more effective method of treating blemishes with honey is to apply warm honey on the affected parts.
- Tea Tree Oil is also an excellent antimicrobial agent that prevents the skin from forming new blemishes.
- Yogurt is a natural care agent that reduces any mark on the skin. Application of a mask made out of a paste of yogurt and oatmeal can reduce blemishes and help in making the complexion lighter.
- Tomato juice has a bleaching effect. It also acts as a toner for the skin as well and helps in bringing back the glow. Application of fresh tomato juice or simply rubbing a slice of tomato all over the face aid in the remove of facial blemishes.
- Red lentils or masoor dal A paste of soaked and ground red lentils with some milk and honey applied on the face will help in removing blemishes.
- Sandalwood powder is an effective remedy for blemishes. Regular application of a paste of sandalwood powder mixed with honey and rosewater will result into a glowing complexion and fair skin.
- Multani mitti or fuller earth has been use for skin treatment by women of India since centuries. The magnesium content in multani mitti helps in reducing blemishes. An application of a paste of multani mitti cleanses the skin by getting rid of dead cells, oil and dirt.
The natural home remedies for treatment of blemishes mentioned above are safe and have no side effects. They are not expensive and can be easily procured.
Home remedies to cure blemishes
Apple cider vinegar
One of the fine quality vinegar available in many individual’s house is none other than apple cider vinegar. Since this ingredient includes alpha hydroxide acid, it ideally helps in removing blemishes from your skin layer. The Ph balance of your skin gets ideally balanced along with its anti inflammatory as well as anti bacterial properties. You have to mix three spoons of water with a single spoon of apple cider vinegar and dip a cotton ball over it and apply over your face where you have formed blemishes. This needs to be kept for 15 minutes and then wash away with water. Do it regularly to get blemishes fade away.
Since Aloe Vera is a very well known natural plant which has gel like substance, this particular gel is used in variety of beauty and health remedies. This gel helps in new skin cell growth and will cure your skin the problems like blemishes and acne break out. If you have Aloe Vera plant at home, take a leaf and cut it from the middle. Extract the gel out of it and apply it over the portion of your face where you have acne and pimple breakout. It will be much more effective if you can add few drops of lemon over the Aloe Vera gel. Keep it for 15 minutes after applying and there after wash away.
Take a lemon and tear separate its peel completely from the fruit. You can have the orange juice or have the pleasure of having orange just like as if you are having juice. Now dry the orange peel under sun and grind it to form powder. Now in a container add a spoon of organic honey, same quantity of yogurt and a spoon of apple peel powder. Mix the ingredients well and apply it over your skin. Cover the portion of the skin properly where you can see more blemishes. Keep for some time and wash away.
People can never expect the utility of banana peel after eating up the fruit except initiating people getting slipped down. As a matter of fact, this even has advantage in removing blemishes. You need to take a skin and rub the white portion over the places where you have blemishes and acne. Keep this for 10 minutes and then remove completely with water and see the difference.
Strawberries are considered as one of the effective fruit that helps in bringing a glow over your face and retain fairness. But, very few people have realized its effectiveness in removing blemishes from the skin layer. Since the fruit is loaded with nutrients as well as antioxidants getting clear skin with the help of it is really possible. All you h to do is mashing 3 strawberries either fork or a potato masher. Now add 2 spoons of plain yogurt in it and a spoon of honey. Now apply it over your face covering the portion where you have blemishes. Keep this for 10 to 15 minutes and remove it with plain water. You can also use a warm cloth to remove the strawberry pack from your face.
Cucumber is very helpful to make your skin clear and clean. Take half of a cucumber by peeling its skin and cut it into pieces. Now get it in a blender and make a pulp. You also need to add lemon juice over it and apply on your face where you have acne and blemishes. Keep for 10 minutes and remove with cold water. This will give you a refreshing look with minimizing the appearance of pimples, acne and blemishes formed over the skin.