Dark circles can be caused due to several reasons such as stress, fatigue, lack of sleep, strained eyes and overexposure to sun, etc. Dark circles not only make you look ugly but also weak and exhausted.
In this situation, the below mentioned DIY eye masks help you get rid of dark circles naturally and also saves your money on dark circles treatment!
Homemade eye masks to remove dark circles
- Saffron and milk
- Orange juice
- Buttermilk and turmeric
- Apple cider vinegar
- Yogurt and kiwi eye mask
- Egg, carrot and aloe vera eye mask
- Cottage cheese eye mask
- Pineapple and turmeric powder eye mask
- Baking soda and milk eye mask
- Honey and almond oil eye mask
Due to the anti-inflammatory properties of Saffron, it has been used since ages for skin lightening. On the other hand the lactic acid in milk also aids in lightening dark circles.
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4th tsp saffron strands
- Mix both ingredients together and with the help of your fingertips massage few drops of this mixture around your eyes.
- Let the eye pack rest overnight. Rinse off with tepid water in the morning.
- Do it daily until you get the expected results.
The vitamin C and citric acid present in orange juice work wonders for removal of dark circles.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice of one orange
- Apply the fresh orange juice on the affected areas around your eyes.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes and clean it using cotton pads.
- Do it daily for quick results.
A combination of buttermilk and turmeric are very beneficial for reducing dark circles due to its soothing and skin whitening properties.
- 1 tbsp buttermilk
- A pinch of turmeric
- Mix a pinch of turmeric in 1 tbsp buttermilk and apply it around your eyes.
- Close your eyes, relax and leave it untouched for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water. Apply it at least 3 times a week for quick results.
Apple cider vinegar contains natural properties, which has the ability to fade your dark circles within a couple of weeks. It is also beneficial in rejuvenating your under-eye skin.
- Few drops of pure apple cider vinegar
- Take a cotton pad and pour a few drops of apple cider vinegar over it.
- Massage under eyes and dark circles with this cotton pad for 8-12 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water, pat dry.
- Do it daily to eliminate dark circles within a short span of time.
Kiwi is rich in vitamin C and is a natural antioxidant. Due to the presence of probiotics and lactic acid yogurt is very effective in reducing appearance of dark circles.
- 1 Kiwi pulp
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Blend 1 kiwi pulp and yogurt in a blender till you get a thick lump free paste.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Apply the chilled mixture on your eyes and leave it undisturbed for 10 minutes
- Wash off with cold water, pat dry.
This vitamin A rich mixture of Aloe Vera, carrot and egg white will rejuvenate your skin and help in vanishing dark circles naturally.
- 1 teaspoon Aloe Vera
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded carrot
- 1 egg white
- Combine all three ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Apply it under your eyes and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Cottage cheese provides essential vitamins and minerals to our skin. Due to this, it works wonders for removal of dark circles.
- 8gm-10gm Cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 cotton pads
- Cut cotton pads into half moon shape.
- Add equal quantities of cottage cheese to the cotton pads.
- Place those cotton pads under the eyes for 15 minutes.
- Wash with cold water, pat dry, and have a good night’s sleep!
Turmeric is an antioxidant and mixing it with pineapple juice helps in demolishing dark circles easily and naturally.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice.
- Mix both the ingredients in mentioned quantities and stir well.
- Apply it under the eyes and let stay for 10 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water, pat dry.
Milk refreshes and rejuvenates our skin whereas baking soda smoothens and lightens our skin. A mixture of these ingredients relaxes strained eyes and reduces dark circles.
- 4 tablespoon raw milk
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- Blend both the ingredients until you get a creamy paste.
- Refrigerate the paste for 15 minutes.
- Apply refrigerated paste under the eyes and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
- Almond oil hydrates the skin and honey lightens pigmentations. Regular usage of this eye mask reduces dark circles naturally.
- ½ tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix both the ingredients well and apply it under the eyes.
- Leave it untouched for 10-15 minutes
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
- Utilize the above homemade recipes for dark circles removal and look your best anytime!