There are pores all over our skin and through these pores the natural oil comes out to the skin surface and helps in keeping the skin moist and hydrated. These pores often get clogged with dead skin cells, dirt, grime and different other pollutants from the environment. Clogging of pores certainly hinders the natural process of oil flow to the skin surface and also can give rise to other skin problems like blackheads, whiteheads and pimples.
Clogged facial pores can be blamed as one of the most common reasons for a bunch of common skin problems that we face. So, in order to keep skin issues at bay and to enjoy a healthy skin it is really important to unclog the facial pores regularly. One of the best ways to keep your facial pores clear is to maintain a regular and proper skin care routine. If you already have clogged pores on your face particularly on your nose and chin, where they are more prominent, starting up with a regular skin care routine can be most helpful.
So, if you are looking for ways to clear the clogged face pores, here we have come up with a bunch of effective options that can unclog facial pores with maximum efficiency.
Steaming to unclog facial pores
When it comes to unclogging the skin pores on the face, there is hardly anything else that works better than steaming. Steaming helps in opening up of the skin pores and thus the clogs are easily removed. You need not to own a facial steamer to get the benefits of face steaming; you can do it with regular household items as well. Here is the step by step process,
- Clean your face from any makeup, dirt or grime with the help of a makeup remover and face cleanser.
- Take sufficient water in a wide mouth pan and bring it to boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add few drops of tea tree essential oil to it. This will ensure not only complete clearing of the facial pores but will also keep any infection causing germs away.
- Now cover your head along with the pan with a big towel, placing your face close enough to the pan so that the steam from the pan covers your face.
- Take the steam for 8-10 minutes and then remove the towel.
- Splash some lukewarm water on your face and then follow with cold water. The warm water will wash off the clogs that have been released due to steaming and the cold water will help in closing the pores again.
- After steaming you can also follow with a natural skin toner and a moisturizer according to the needs of your skin.
Steaming your face once in a week can be a good option to keep the skin pores always clean and unclogged.
Dry brushing to unclog facial pores
Dry brushing is the other technique that can come really handy to get rid of clogged skin pores on the face. There are some specialized brushes for this purpose which comes with extremely soft bristles to ensure that they do not cause abrasion on the skin. Here are the steps of using a dry brush for unclogging the facial pores,
- Before you start with the process remove any trace of makeup from your face with a makeup remover and also wash your face with a mild facial cleanser to ensure that no dirt or grime is left on the skin.
- After cleansing the face properly, wipe it off completely. There should not be any trace of water on your face or on the brush.
- Scrub your skin with the brush in slow, circular and steady motion. Do not put high pressure and do not brush the area near the eyes as the skin of this part is extremely delicate. Focus more on the areas like the nose, chin and forehead, where the clogged pores are more common.
- Once you have brushed your facial skin properly, wash off with lukewarm water and then follow with cold water to ensure that the skin pores are well closed.
- Apply a light moisturizer and you are done.
Electronic exfoliating brushes are the latest addition
If you are keen to try out the latest items in your skin care regimen, spending on a quality electronic exfoliating brush is compulsory. These brushes come with the ability to massage the skin with an exfoliator or facial cleanser and thus can release the pore clogging debris quite easily. These are easy to use and can make your skin care regimen much less complicated. Here is how you can use these brushes to unclog facial pores,
- The best ones of these brushes create foam with your facial cleanser and then use this foam to brush out all the debris from the skin.
- Unlike dry brushes these brushes are used on wet skin and along with a facial cleanser or exfoliator for the best results.
- Different electronic facial brush comes with different features and you should check the instruction for the brush carefully before using it to unclog the facial pores.
These brushes are quite effective and can be most helpful to unclog the skin pores even from the old and dried out debris.
Lemon, honey and sugar scrub to unclog facial pores
If you like to opt for only the natural ingredients and the idea of brushing your facial skin does not sound suitable for you, you can easily opt for this easy home treatment. A scrub made from lemon, honey and sugar can efficiently remove the debris from the skin helping in unclogging the pores. However, you might not see the results in the first use but with regular use you are sure to get the benefits.
Take 2 spoons of sugar and grind it to powder. Now add 1 spoon honey and 1 spoon fresh lemon juice to it and mix well. Use this mixture as a scrub on your face, focusing more on the nose and chin where the pores tend to become more prominent. Continue the massaging for 2-3 minutes with light but steady pressure in circular motion. Let the pack stay on your face for few more minutes after massaging and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Try baking soda to unclog skin pores on the face
Baking soda is the other kitchen ingredient that you might try to clean the facial pores completely. However, if you have sensitive skin, it is best to not to try this treatment. Add 1 spoon of water with 2 spoons of baking soda, to make a smooth paste. Use this paste to massage lightly on your face for 1-2 minutes and then wash off with plain water. Follow with a moisturizer. Baking soda can actually clean the pores very well but it can also be drying on the skin. So, it is important to follow with a moisturizer after using this process. Also do not follow this treatment more than once in a week.
Fuller’s earth and tomato pack to unclog skin pores
A pack made with fuller’s earth and tomato can be effective to unclog the skin pores and this treatment is suitable even for the sensitive skins. Fuller’s earth has a soothing effect on the skin and the natural enzymes present in tomato helps in diluting the pore clogging substances. Soak 4 spoons of fuller’s earth in sufficient water. Once soft, add 2 spoons of freshly prepared tomato pulp to it and mix well. Apply the resulting pack onto your face and leave on. Once the pack is half dry, soak your hands in water and rub your skin with the pack. Then once the pack is 80% dry, remove it by rubbing with a warm water soaked wash cloth. You can repeat this treatment 3-4 times a week to get the best results.
Use egg white for unclogging pores
The white part of an egg can be helpful to prepare a peel off mask which will eventually remove the pore clogging debris from the skin. Take the white of an egg and whip it. Add few drops of lemon juice to it and whip again. Now apply it onto your face and let it get dry. Once dry, apply another coat. After it gets completely dry, remove the pack rubbing with a warm water soaked wash cloth. You can use this treatment every alternate day to make sure that the pores on your skin are never clogged.
Unclog facial pores with oatmeal and yogurt
Oatmeal is an excellent scrubber that helps in removing the debris from the clogged skin pores. It also absorbs excess oil from the skin and thus reduces the chance of clogged pores. Yogurt on the other hand, apart from nourishing the skin also helps in diluting the pore clogging debris. Mix 2 spoons of oatmeal with sufficient yogurt to make a thick paste. Use this paste to massage your face in a slow and upward motion. Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
Turmeric and sandalwood for unclogging facial pores
If you have a very sensitive skin and you are worried about applying anything to your face, try out this treatment which is ideal even for the most sensitive skins. Prepare a smooth paste with 2 inches of fresh turmeric root and some sandalwood. Apply this pack onto your face and let it get 90% dry. Now soak your hands and start rubbing your face with the pack. Most of the pack should be removed through dry rubbing. Finally wash off with plenty of water to remove any residue. You can follow this treatment everyday.
Raw papaya for unclogging pores on the face
Raw papaya is filled with enzymes and these enzymes can be most helpful to dilute the pore clogging substances. Just take a few cubes of raw papaya and start rubbing it on your cleansed face. Continue rubbing for at least 8-10 minutes with some breaks in between. Leave on till your skin starts to feel stretchy, Finally wash off with lukewarm water. You can use this treatment everyday.