When a pain hits, usually we will go to the medicine center to gather some pills. Why should we waste our money and time like this, while we have a natural remedy at our home itself? Try these, it works!!
Back pain, osteoarthritis, tension headaches, fibromyalgia, neck pain, and surgery-related discomfort are the normal types of pains that a person faces sometime or the other. There are several painkiller medicines available in the market but there are many home remedies that can help to manage pain of the muscles and joints and ease symptoms.
1. When a headache hits
Brew up some Rosemary; it will help you to keep the blood vessels dilated. Use 1 teaspoon of rosemary per cup of hot water, cover it and let it steep for 10 minutes. Strain, and sip a cup three times a day and see the change.
You can try some ginger for headaches. Ginger inhibits a substance called thromboxane A2 that can help in keeping the blood flowing on, even keel, which is essential in migraine prevention. Grate fresh ginger into juice, nosh on Japanese pickled ginger, use fresh or powdered ginger when you cook, or nibble on a piece or two of crystallized ginger candy daily for great relief.
2. For sinus pain or pressure
If it seems like your sinus secretions are clear or white, you need a warming, drying herb such as thyme. Steep 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried thyme, in a cup of boiling water, for about 10 minutes to get thyme tea. Drink a cup of fragrant thyme tea three times a day. Thyme is a traditional remedy for respiratory infections and it works for sure.
3. For insect bites or stings
A drop of peppermint essential oil can be rubbed into the center of a bite or sting for a quick, long-lasting relief. Peppermint helps to cool the bite so that you don’t feel like itching and thereby you can avoid scratching and increases blood flow to the area, which helps to quickly carry off the venom. Thus the swelling can be avoided. Wash your hands properly after applying, and don’t use essential oils near your eyes because they can irritate. Don’t try this on poisonous spider or snake bites, which require immediate medical attention.
4. For toothache
Boil one part sesame seeds with three parts water. Boil it until the liquid is reduced by half. Now let it cool. Then apply it directly to the aching tooth. Sesame contains at least seven pain-relieving compounds,so you can feel the change very quickly.
Stun the pain with cloves. Rub a drop of clove essential oil directly on an aching tooth. Clove oil is readily available on food stores or if you didn’t get, just wiggle a whole clove, pointed end down, next to the tooth.
Here are some natural medicines
1. Aloe vera
Heartburn, cramps, personal mood swings and even bad breath can be treated with Aloe Vera oil or gel.
2. Cinnamon powder
Cinnamon powders helps in enhancing body’s circulation and even treats and prevent hypothermia.
3. Neck pillows
keep them at your desk, they can relieve back and neck pain after a long day at the office.
4. Neem powder
it can be used to reduce teeth and gum inflammation.
Tea is a good solution to soothe skin burns.
Turmeric spice is a natural painkiller for aches and pains.
Relief from pain of joints
Turmeric & ginger tea
Turmeric and ginger are both anti-inflammatory, and will help to give relief from joint pains. Turmeric can be taken in the form of capsules or made into tea and taken daily. Make tea by boiling water with ground ginger and ground turmeric for 15 minutes. Strain and add honey to taste and drink it daily.
Epsom salt soak
Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate which is used to give relief from pain. Soak Epsom salt in warm water and dip the painful area in it. Soak for at least for 15 minutes.
Extra virgin olive oil
Painful joints or parts can be lubricated with extra virgin olive oil by rubbing the oil twice a day on the sore parts or joints.
There are incredibly rich in Vitamin A and C which help to repair damaged tissues and to clear toxins out of the blood. These leaves contain linoleic and linoleic acid in them which have anti- inflammatory properties. Dandelion leaves can be used as salad or made as tea.
Blackstrap molasses drink
Blackstrap molasses is high in minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium. These constituents regulate nerve and muscle function, and strengthen bones and also help in relieving pain of joints. Drink a tablespoon of molasses in hot water daily
White Willow Tea
White willow bark is the original aspirin before the painkiller aspirin was made. White willow is so effective in relieving pain because it contains active ingredient called silicon which is converted into the body as acetylsalicylic acid which is the main ingredient of aspirin. Make tea with white willow powder and let it simmer. Strain and add honey and lemon to make it tasty as it is otherwise bitter.
Relief from headaches
- Dehydration can be a cause of headaches. Drink lots of water
- Cold pack is very helpful to give relief from headache. Cold pack helps to constrict blood vessels and brings down inflammation which in turn reduces pressure and brings down pain.
- Hot Bath/Hot Shower can be very effective at relieving headaches. The heat from the bath or shower will work to loosen pressure of the muscles.
Relief from stings bites
- Treat the stung area with meat tenderizer as it contains enzymes that break down the venom, reducing swelling and inflammation. Make a paste of meat tenderizer powder with water and apply it on the sting and leave it for half an hour.
- Apply an aspirin paste to stop the itching. This paste can be made by crushing 2 aspirins and mixing it with water. Dab the paste on the sting site. The ingredients in aspirin help to neutralize the venom.
- Apply an ice pack on the sting slow the swelling. Leave the ice pack in place for up to 20 minutes.
- Papaya contains enzymes that neutralize insect venom. Simply lay a slice of papaya on the sting for an hour.
- Mix baking soda in a skin lotion and apply it on the area. The baking soda helps relieve inflammation, and the skin lotion keeps it in place
Home remedies for earaches
- Herbal Steam Inhalations helps to reduce nasal swelling caused by cold, dry winter air and increases airflow to the Eustachian tubes. Mix a handful of fresh or dry herbs such as chamomile, elderberry flowers and/or lemon balm. Inhale the steam by leaning over the basin.
- Honey is another treatment to get relief from earache. The honey is swabbed gently around the perimeter of the ear canal.
- Hot Herbal Tea – can give warmth to the earache by drinking herbal tea made of Echinacea, German chamomile, and holy basil. This hot tea can also be applied externally outside the ear canal. These herbs promote healing and relaxation.
- Hydrogen Peroxide used in the ears of young children is very effective. The easiest way to apply it is to soak a cotton ball and squeeze a few drops into the ear. This will loosen the wax, so gently flushing it afterwards with warm water will help to clear the block.