Mouth ulcer is painful, open source that are in white color. They are surrounded by an inflamed red border and appear inside of the cheeks, under tongue, floor of the mouth, and lips. They are caused due to numerous factors such as constipation, hormonal changes. Mouth ulcers are not serious but lead to heal within 7 – 10 days. Some more causes of mouth ulcers are given below.
- Accidental cheek bites
- Deficiencies of Vitamin B complex
- Food triggers
- Hereditary factors
- Excess acidity
- Vitamin C
Mouth ulcers are one of the common problems in all walks of life. They give slight burns and pain while we are eating or drinking. They may affect inside the cheeks, inside of lips and gums. We can come from these ulcers with the simple home remedies as follows.
Best natural home remedies for mouth ulcers and how to prevent them
Honey best natural home remedy for mouth ulcers
Honey is the best antiseptic home remedy that have natural humectants. It protects you from dehydration, reduces scarring, and can retain moisture. It helps to hastens the process of new tissue growth. Honey has anti-microbial effect and this property helps to give faster healing of the mouth ulcer. Take some fresh honey and slowly apply a little honey onto the mouth ulcer. Alternatively, mix a little amount of turmeric into it to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on the affected are and leave it for some time. There is no harm, if you swallow also, as they are natural herbals and is good for health.
Ways to treat mouth uclers with Ice
Ice is the best and most effective home remedy to numb the pain of mouth ulcers. It is helpful when you apply ice on the affected area. It removes a tingling and burning sensation, before the shallow ulceration appears. As it is easily available at home and gives better results on frequent usage in a day.
How to get rid of mouth ulcers by eating yogurt?
Yogurt is the fermented milk that is produced by bacterial fermentation. This bacteria or yeast is converted into carbohydrates like organic acids. Daily eat yogurt to canker sores and good health. It is a simple health remedy that helps to balance bacteria in your mouth. Eat 1 minimum tablespoon of yogurt 3 times daily to get rid of mouth ulcers. If you want, you can add a little bit of raw honey for extra healing boost.
How to prevent mouth ulcers by warm salt water?
Salt water help to balance out the concentration. Water can draw out painful puffiness of mouth ulcer that has excess fluid and can cause diminished. Salt can canker sore that is really puffed up and keeps rubbing that you keep gargling with salt water. It helps greatly to cure a sore throat that reduces the painful swelling of the cells in the mucus membrane at the back of the throat. Warm water produces a general sense of soothing relief. The salt present in it helps to keep the area clean. Take ¼ cup of warm salt water and swish it around in your mouth for 3 times daily. This helps to get rid of mouth ulcers, until the canker sore is gone.
Tips to get rid of mouth ulcer with natural home remedies
- Coconut milk works best to treat ulcers, grate the coconut and blend it. Extract the milk from quantity and gargle it. Try to do it for three to four times a day for the effective results.
- When you wake up in the morning, chew few tulsi leaves with some amount of water. It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties and acts against all the mouth infections and thus provide you healthy mouth.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and a tablespoon of glycerin. Keep it on the ulcer prone skin. It gives you a good relief from the burns.
- To heal the mouth ulcers in an easy way, try it. Gargle your mouth cold water and within a second gargle with hot water. It is an effective method to treat ulcers.
- Prepare an extract with coriander seeds and get the relief from mouth ulcers lull. Boil the water and add one tablespoon of coriander seeds to it, let it cool down and gargle with the extract.
- Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and anticancer properties, they can cure the mouth ulcers and eliminate the infections subsequently. Consume the juice of tomato at least two times a day or you can also try it by gargling the juice.
- Take the coriander leaves and mash them, add it to boiling water and stir it. Let it come to room temperature and gargle the juice for three to four times a day.
- Fenugreek leaves also act well for treating mouth ulcers, take a single cup of leaves and boil them in two cups of water. Filter the water and use it for gargle.
- Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-biotic properties, which works well to treat the infectious problems. Take the gel from an aloe vera and eat it, do the same for two to three times a day.
- Take the camphor and sugar, mix them and form like a thick paste. Keep this paste in the affected area and wait for a few minutes to remove.
- Prepare a paste from amla or Indian gooseberry and apply it to the affected place. It will give you give results if done two times per day.
- Make a salt water mouth, wash by dissolving the two tablespoons of salt into a cup water. Gargle with it for a minute and repeat the same for more than three times a day. You can try hot water, salt wash in alter to the cold, it also works effectively.
- To reduce the redness around the ulcer apply tea tree oil in direct with the help of cotton ball, it also flushes the inflammation in the mouth.
- To get down the sore pain apply plain soda bicarbonate over the area of infection.