DIY hair masks are simple ways to use home remedies which revamps your hair and lets you have the lost moisture back. You do not have to spend hefty amounts of money on products or at the salons, as you have some simple ingredients to add some more life to your hair and scalp.
These ingredients can be obtained from the nearest market and some of them might be in your kitchen right now! Let us now go through some effective hair masks for different scalp types.
In this contemporary world, the role playing by hair is very large. A common man to the celebrity the biggest beauty secret is their hair and its maintenance. So, take care about your hair health and it’s nourishment to enhance your beauty.
These some of the simple remedies can be prepared with the handy ingredients in your kitchen, that are practical and inexpensive.
Egg and yogurt mask
- Yogurt and egg mask is the simplest mask and will give you instant results for the hair texture.
- Take an egg and beat until it forms bubbles, add it half cup of yogurt and beat it again. Let the mixture becomes little watery and apply it over the scalp evenly. Wrap your head with a hot towel or shower cap and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse off with the help of mild shampoo and cold water.
Fenugreek seeds hair mask
- Take handful of fenugreek seeds and a tentacle from aloe vera. Cut the aloe vera in such a way that is divided into two halves. Keep the fenugreek seeds in the aloe vera and tie it with the help of a band or a thread. Leave it for a whole day to soak them and grind them paste. Apply it on the scalp and hair, leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse off with the water. When you keep this pack you don’t need make use of shampoo as the pack it self works as a shampoo and gives you shiny and silky hair.
- Instead of soaking the fenugreek seeds in the aloe vera , you can soak even in the beer. It also shows the good effects as aloe vera.
Banana hair mask
Mash a banana in a bowl and add two table spoons of honey. Mix it well and apply to the entire hair and scalp. This gives you amazing results in shining your hair. The shine don’t go quick away where as it stands for at least a week. So, use this hair mask once in every two weeks.
Avocado and honey hair mask
- Take a freshly ripe avocado and take a table spoon of the flesh from it, mix it with one table spoon of honey and apply for the hair. Let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse off with the help of a mild shampoo.
- Avocados are the store house of various vitamins and nutrients, along with the vitamin E. Due to these properties hair will remain soft and healthy, where as honey is a natural antibacterial agent.
Oatmeal hair mask
Ingredients : Oatmeal, Milk,
- Take one table spoon of oatmeal and grind it to form like a paste. Add one table spoon of milk and one table spoon of olive oil to the oatmeal paste. Mix them and get a thick paste. Dab the pack to the dry hair and massage for five t 10 minutes. Leave it for next 30 minutes and rinse off with the help of mild shampoo.
Aloe vera with olive oil mask
Regular usage of aloe vera can improve the texture of your hair. It is one of the best medicines for health and skincare, but not many know that it benefits the hair too. Aloe vera added to different products for hair strengthening can be an expensive purchase, but treating it as a natural hair mask is way more effective and cheap. You need:
- 4-5 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of egg yolk
Now take a bowl and add all the three ingredients. Blend well and heat the oil for 10 seconds. Use a brush to apply the mix on your dry hair. Let it sit for 4-5 hours. You could also let it absorb overnight. Cleanse with mild shampoo. For extreme dry hair, you can repeat remedy daily for 10 days. Your hair will become healthy, after which you can reduce the usage.
Almond milk with coconut oil
For having smooth and luxurious locks, a lot of women spends ample amount of money! But this is because they have less idea on how some easily available products can be. Almonds are a healthy product for the hair. All you need for this is:
- 4-5 tablespoons of almond milk
- 3-4 tablespoons of egg white
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Take a bowl and blend all the ingredients together. Use a brush for applying it on your scalp and hair and keep it overnight. Wash off with cold water and use a mild shampoo for thorough rinsing. Use it 3 times a week to have healthier hair.
Mayonnaise with avocado
This hair mask is like a smoothie and works better than a hair conditioner. Mayonnaise is prepared with egg and oil, which makes it an amazing moisturizing agent. It protects our hair from dullness and adds shine. Avocado has high fat content which makes our hair less frizzy and dry. You need:
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- ½ mashed avocado
Blend both the ingredients well till it is creamy. Apply it all through your hair and concentrate on the tips. Now take a wide comb for spreading the mix well. Let it sit for some time and then you can wash off.
Baking soda, Lemon juice and yogurt
Oily and greasy hair can make you look very unappealing. It can make the strands of your hair look lifeless and limp, and you just can’t have a proper style. This hair mask is for the oily scalps – it cuts through the grease and gives a nice texture. You need:
- 5 tablespoons of regular yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Mix the ingredients well and focus more on the roots. Let it sit for 30 minutes, after which you can wash with mild shampoo and condition.
Parsley, olive oil and vodka
This is another remedy for an oily mask, and the mixture is quite unusual. Parsley helps us disinfect our scalp and promote hair growth. You can get it readily available in the market, so for this, all you need is:
- 100 grams of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil
- 1 teaspoon of vodka
Add parsley to the food processor and blend well till it forms a smooth paste. Add vodka and castor oil to it. Vodka is good for hair clarifying, but it can lighten colored or highlighted hair. You are advised not to use this if you have dyed your hair. Others can apply the paste, and then leave it on for 30 minutes. Shampoo and conditioner after that, and see your hair shine!
Benefits of using simple remedies for scalp
- It is an easy process which lasts for a long time. Hair masks are usually done once a month, but it will differ according to your need.
- Hair masks are known to improve the condition of your hair. They strengthen your hair from roots to tips.
- The ingredients which you will make your mask will be easy to obtain. Probably some of them are already in your kitchen, if not, then definitely at nearby grocers.
- The processes to make these are simple and quick. Most of them would need about 10-15 minutes to be prepared.
- These hair masks save a lot of money than what you’d be probably spending at the salons. They are also chemical free which satisfies you all the more.
- DIY remedies are best because you do it at home and in your own comfort zone. You don’t need to get conscious in front of people around. You also don’t need to wait for your stylist who checks out on others and then comes back to you half hour later. You can simply continue with your chores while the mask is wrapped under a nice shower-cap. You could also sit back and relax, have your time alone and let the mask sink in.
- There are numerous recipes above, so you have to choose one according to your scalp and hair type. These ingredients can be easily extracted, blended and created according to their needs and combination.
- Lastly, the application is simple as well. You just have to make sure that the mask is enough for your scalp and you just have to apply all over. Let the mask sink in the roots till it gets dry. It could range between 15 minutes to 2 hours, according to the type. Spare that much of time for a infrequent hair care and get bountiful of its goodness.
After going through the remedies, let us see the best products in the market, which will help us treat our scalp. These are hair masks from different brands and they will help you improve the scalp’s condition too.
Biotique Bio Musk Root Fresh Growth Nourishing Treatment, 230gm
This is a deep nourishing hair mask which has the goodness of bael extracts. It is known to improve the condition of your scalp and hair, and retain the original hair color. This is also known to reduce inflammation on scalp. Musk root is known to be a divine herb which has anti-bacterial properties and is has been used to improve hair conditions from ages. Opt for this rejuvenating ingredient which has the goodness of amla, nutmeg, jatamansi, liquorice, bhringraj, neem and kikar gond.
Matrix Opti Care Smooth and Straight professional ultra smoothing masque, 490g
This product will deeply cleanse your hair and add moisture to it. It is known to have silk amino acids along with shea butter. Both of them are good for healthier and smoother hair. Make your hair feel manageable and shiny all day!
L’Oreal Paris Hair Total Repair 5 Masque 200g
This hair mask is inclusive of ceramide-cement that repairs your hair intensely and adds nourishment. It is known to protect you from 5 signs of damage, which would include hair fall, dry hair, dullness, split ends and roughness. Help you strands feel strong day by day, as you add smoothness and shine.
Oriflame Milk and Honey Gold Hair Mask, 250g
This is a unique hair mask which is inclusive of shimmering gold pigments. They are known to add intense nourishment and make your strands feel lustrous. They are further added with milk, wheat and honey, which add extra shine. Make your hair feel more radiant and shiny from the very first appliance.