If you have noticed, getting fit has always been ticking on our minds, but due to lack of time and management, we miss out on its importance! The best alternative when you can’t take out time for gym is to choose healthier alternatives all through the day. These will help you burn fat while you are always on the go!
Alternatives to lose weight without gym
- Keep walking: You need to walk about 2 hours and 5 minutes, in a day. Well, that doesn’t mean that you have to wake up early in the morning and get to a park. This means that you have to walk brisk every time you move about. That can be within the house, at your office, or while you’re walking in-between. You should also try and take out about 20 minutes to literally walk while you head back home from work, if that doesn’t kill much time.
[ Hindi version ]
- Do some washing: At least once a week, take some time to wash something well. Washing with your hands exerts pressure on your body and you indirectly exercise. Take out 2 hours on Sunday, to wash your car or your windows or the curtains, or anything constructive that you can think of. You will shed about 4 calories every minute, since a washing session of 30 minutes can reduce about 120 calories!
- Active dates: During weekends, take some time out to get to a serene park where you can walk with the one you love. Spend some quiet time, while the sun sets and keep your physical activity going as well! You might have already spent hours at a movie hall or dining somewhere nice, why not try out something new which lets you both walk and talk! Swimming and cycling are two more alternatives which will not only help you enjoy the time spent, but also shed the calories along.
- Walk before dinner: Like we mentioned earlier, if you can take some time to walk after work and before dinner, you will help yourself reduce your apetite! Taking about 20 minutes to walk brisk and then getting home to freshen up, will not only make you feel energized but also let you enjoy a light meal. Dinners should anyway be as light as possible, do reducing the apetite will reduce the amount of food you’d had to digest.
- Use your TV time to exercise along: Most men and women want to come back home and watch some TV. If that’s same for you and you want to make the most of that time, it is good to opt for some exercise while your eyes are stuck on the show! Some simple exercises like spot-jump, skipping, spot-jogging, free-hand exercises, etc. are easy to follow while you are watching your favorite show! You could slowly level up to abdominal crunches, push-ups, etc.
- Tummy workout: This workout can be followed any time and anywhere! You have to create a vacuum in your stomach by pulling it in and then holding for long! You tummy gets exposed to isometric tension which are different for the regular concentric tension.
- Reduce belly fat: Rub hands vigorously together till they are hot enough. Rub hot hands on the belly for about 30 seconds. Repeat process till you complete 3 minutes and do it twice a day! If this is the first thing you do as you wake up, and also the last thing before going off to bed, this will surely be a nice exercise to reduce fat cells. This is also known to improve digestion in the long run.
- Use the stairs: One of the best alternatives to shed some calories is to opt for the stairs instead of the elavator. Climb up and down the stairs whenever you need to use the elavator and help yourself exercise a little. It will of course take you some extra minutes, but it is worth the time spent!
- Bed exercises: As you wake up in the morning, take about 10-20 minutes to do some bed exercises. Lie on the bed and bring your begs close to the chest, hold the position with your hands. You could also put your leg up straight and stretch as much as you can. Some easy and small exercises on the bed will help you kick start the day!
Food alternatives lose weight without gym
- Drink lots of water to reduce toxin content and lose weight. This is the easiest way to improve metabolism and shed weight! Drink at least 8 glasses of water and sometimes alter it instead of snacks!
- Instead of having tasty ice-creams, you should opt for a tasty fruit. It will definitely not give you the same feeling, but it will be healthier and will serve like a dessert too. Salads are the best snacks you can opt for, instead of having chips and cakes.
- Rather than having three meals a day, break it down to six meals. That will keep your mouth munching all through the day and improve the digestion process.
- It is important to maintain the cycle of having a heavy breakfast, followed by a lighter lunch and the lightest dinner. The meals you have in-between should be small too.
- Add your diet with numerous veggies so that you get the nutrition and maintain weight. From tomatoes to cucumber, eat more of low calorie food and keep yourself fit.
- Try to eat when you are hungry rather than out of boredom or nervousness. If you do have time to get bored, you’d probably exercise too!
- Try to reduce the consumption of white foods. These are precisely white floor, bread, rice and sugar. Switch over to the brown ones instead.
- Keep a tab on what you eat and what you have been doing extra for losing weight. Take a notebook or use your phone memos to note them down in your free time. These will help you measure the difference after a span of time.
[ Hindi version ]