The news of pregnancy arouses a number of feelings in different women. In most women there is joy and excitement to face the situation and its consequences. Some women are excited to enter the field of motherhood, while others are worried about their future if they are unmarried, there are also some who are not prepared for motherhood or are caught too soon after the previous baby. Whatever be the situation the sign and symptoms remain the same with difference in degrees in different women at different stages.
Being pregnant is one of the best feelings which every woman has in her life. After marriage when few years pass, women wishes to become mother. The first stage of becoming mother is pregnancy. There are certain signs and symptoms that will define whether the women are pregnant or not. Sometimes the pregnancy strips available in that market can give wrong result. There are certain symptoms that will help you give you a vivid result on pregnancy fact. Let us find out those signs that are going to take place during the pregnancy period.
There are no immediate, obvious pregnancy symptoms during the first week of pregnancy, but there are signs like fatigue, loss of appetite, depression which is similar to premenstrual problems. There are no noticeable changes also in the first week, since fertilization takes place in the second week. But some internal changes start taking place like constipation, morning sickness, gas problem, tender breasts and some hormonal changes.
Thinking you could be pregnant and wondering what the most common signs connected with pregnancy usually are. Well, this write-p will help yo with a list of symptoms and signs of pregnancy. We’ve included every symptoms including the less frequent ones as well. Examine the symptoms and if yo find yourself in any of these situations then visit the doctor immediately for a confirmation.
There are mostly two types of sign and symptoms present at the on sought and during pregnancy. They are physical and emotional symptoms.
No menstrual period
Although this may not be a proof constructive, absence of your regular menstrual cycle is an effective indicator that you might be pregnancy.
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea in addition to vomiting, generally known as morning sickness, is another symptom connected with pregnancy. Not every women has this issue, few of them develop morning sickness in from 2nd to 4th week from the time of being pregnant. Generally, morning health issues resolves or perhaps improves in second trimester.
Along with fatigue, breast changes are likely the earliest signal of being pregnant. Breast changes include bounties, tenderness, sensitivity to the touch, change in dimensions, and darkening in the areola.
Weakness and sleepiness
For women, fatigue will be the first indicator of being pregnant. If anyone suddenly discover yourself to be needing an afternoon nap, you might want to get yourself checked if you are pregnant.
Once you are expecting a baby, your bloodstream volume increases whilst your kidneys increase in dimensions. These factors can lead to frequent urination.
Mood swings and irritability
Hormonal changes combined with fatigue might result in mood swings and being easily annoyed. If you find yourself incredibly moddy this could be a signal of being pregnant. Keep in mind, however, that mood swings can also be a sign of PMS.
Bloatedness, bloating, ache in abdominal area
Believe it or not for several women, the symptoms connected with pregnancy are exactly the same as that of PMS. Should you be experiencing PMS signs, don’t rule out the prospects for pregnancy. Some women will also complain of diarrhea or constipation during pregnancy
Other frequent signs connected with pregnancy include an increase in vaginal secretions, aversion to food items or aromas, weight gain and constipation.
Implantation internal bleeding
An approximated 20% of girls will experience bleeding in the event the fertilized egg cell implants in to the uterus. Implantation bleeding is typically light in color and generally happens between six to ten days past ovulation.
For girls that have problems with headaches, being pregnant usually decreases the frequency of severe headaches. For many, however, there will be a noticeable increase in the frequency of headaches while pregnant.
Every woman is different and the symptoms vary from woman to woman, and most women don’t feel these changes until after the second week. These symptoms can also occur due to other reasons;hence a pregnancy test is the best way to make sure that the woman is pregnant.
Earliest signs and symptoms of pregnancy
- Spotting and cramping A few days after conception the fertilized egg attaches itself to the walls of the uterus. This can cause the signs of pregnancy which are spotting and cramping. This is termed as implantation bleeding. It occurs between 6-12 days after the egg is fertilized. These cramps and bleeding is very slight as compared to the one that take place in the beginning of the periods. Discharge Besides bleeding, there is a white, milky discharge from the vagina which starts immediately after conception. The cause of the discharge is the increased growth of cells in the lining of the vagina. This is a harmless discharge that continues throughout the pregnancy.
- Craving and aversion from certain foods some women have a severe craving for certain foods or even develop an aversion from some foods. This condition is related to the increased estrogen levels that take place during pregnancy.
- Constipation An increase in progesterone level causes food to pass more slowly through the intestines, which can lead to constipation early in pregnancy. Add more fiber in the diet to help the food to move easily through the system.
- Swelling is another early sign of pregnancy. It is similar to pre-menstrual bloating. This bloating is caused by hormonal changes that take place in early pregnancy. As the progesterone and estrogen levels rise the lining of the uterus thickens giving a feeling of bloating.
- Morning sickness Nausea is a common symptom of pregnancy which takes place most commonly in the morning. The cause of morning sickness is not exactly known, but it can be related to the hormonal changes. It can also be caused by the rapidly rising levels of estrogen and progesterone, which cause the stomach to empty slowly
- Shortness of breath a pregnant woman feels giddy going up the stairs because the growing fetus takes oxygen away from the mother. This condition can continue throughout the pregnancy, especially if the baby begins to put pressure on the lungs and diaphragm of the mother.
- Sore breasts the breasts tend to become heavy and tender during pregnancy. The areolas become dark and the veins on the chest become prominent as the first few signs of pregnancy.
- Backaches it is a common ailment of backache for a pregnant woman as the body is increasing to accommodate the size of the baby.
- Body temperature the basal body temperature elevates during ovulation
- Super smell the sensitivity to odors increase during pregnancy.
- Dizziness or fainting This can be caused by low blood sugar or low blood pressure during pregnancy. Keep this condition away by eating well and staying hydrated.
- Heartburn in early pregnancy heartburn is thought to be caused by the hormone progesterone.
- Positive pregnancy test the symptoms of pregnancy can confirm pregnancy only after the pee-stick test, which has to be positive even if the test has to even if the test has to repeated again after a few days.
When do first pregnancy symptoms occur?
The timing of that first pregnancy symptom also varies widely—both between women and between each of their pregnancies.
Timings of pregnancy signs
- At conception Some women claim to have felt conception, either as a pain or as some other sensation.
- One week after conception Some symptoms like “spotting,” can occur in one week after conception. It is also accompanied by mood swings, cramping, and breast tenderness.
- At the end of month one missing period may be the first symptom for some women. Pregnancy test will confirm pregnancy this time.
- Months into the pregnancy Some women may not experience any symptoms at all and if one has irregular periods, one fails to realize the pregnancy till the end. In some cases women have been admitted for mysterious stomach pains – but are found to be in labor.
Physical symptoms and signs in the early weeks of pregnancy
- Missing of the period is one of the first sign of pregnancy. But in some cases missing of a period may not be the surety of conception. Hence a pregnancy test is essential.
- Breasts and nipples become tender and sore indicating the start of pregnancy. These are due to hormonal changes that are directly related to pregnancy. It is also due to the extra flow of blood to the breasts. This condition settles down on its own in about a week’s time. A loose supportive bra will be helpful in giving relief to the sore breasts.
- Areolas are the area around the nipples. They become dark in color in the first week after conception due to hormonal changes. These indicate that the body is preparing the body to feed the baby in future. The areolas also become bigger and are lubricated by small bumps that are formed on the sides. These are called Montgomery tubercles. It is a common condition which is harmless and is no cause of concern.
- Spotting or light bleeding is also witnessed after conception which is known as implantation bleeding. It is a sign of the embryo being implanted in the uterine walls, and will remain and grow there for the next nine months. Spotting is not common to all women –it is a sign seen in some women. This sign calls for a pregnancy test to confirm pregnancy.
- Frequent urination is also experienced by the women who have recently conceived. The body produces a hormone called hGC, (human chorionic gonadotropin) after the implantation of the uterus which often results into frequent urination. Again this is not common in all women and is also of no concern.
- Morning sickness is a common sign which starts in about six weeks after conception. These are the symptoms of nausea and vomiting normally in the early morning. The best way to get over this sickness is to nibble some biscuit or cracker immediately after getting up from sleep.
Emotional symptoms and signs in the early weeks of pregnancy
- Fatigue is a normal symptom of pregnancy. In the onset of pregnancy the woman feels run down and tired. The loss of energy is a result of the hormones and the nurturing of the baby in the womb. The reason of fatigue is different in different semesters. The ideal way to get over this situation is to take life easy and give more time to rest.
- A pregnant woman becomes very sensitive to smell. There is no significant reason for this increased power of smell during pregnancy. Best is to stay away from the things that cause discomfort with the smell.
- Food cravings are experienced by most women. This is also a result of the increased hormones. It is totally normal and should be moderately fulfilled, especially if the cravings are of high calorie foods like ice creams and sweets or less nourishing foods like pickles and papad
- Mood Swings are very common symptoms during pregnancy. The hormonal changes also bring emotional setbacks during the menstrual cycle. These changes continue in pregnancy as well. Women often get into depression and feel like weeping. The thought of pregnancy, the changes in life ahead and responsibility develop stress and anxiety in the mind. Hunger and tiredness makes one feel sick and depressed. Rest from time to time and frequent small meals will do well in this condition.
- Feeling light headed and dizzy is also experienced in the early part of pregnancy. This can be due to low blood pressure or low blood sugar. This low feeling normally diminishes after the first trimester.
Top signs and symptoms of pregnancy
Urge for sour food
Some women with pregnancy have a strong urge for sour food. The food such as lemon or pickle are the best they are going to get on their tongue to stay relief. By viewing this sign of women, grandparents or elderly women will be assured about the pregnancy.
A missed period is absolutely a sign of pregnancy especially when you have entered into the intercourse activity during your danger zone. When you are getting periods regularly and one fine morning you realized that you have missed period for the present month, there is a good change that you are pregnant. But in case if your periods stays irregular frequently, missed period will not be all to prove pregnancy.
When you form a life inside your body, variety of hormonal changes can appear. Tingling nipples is a particular sign which a lady can experience when she is pregnant. Many new mother are non experienced about the face and do not disclose the feeing to any of the family members. But, this is an effective sign that shows that the lady is within the pregnancy module.
Tendency and frequency of weeing
Pregnant women also get the tendency of weeing frequently. Yes, pregnant women have the tendency to enter the loo several times during the particular period. This tendency will be frequent during the first trimester of pregnancy. It is due to hormonal effect and lack of space which in turn creates a good pressure over the urinary tract of individual women.