For centuries turmeric has been considered as a best kept secret of Indian beauty. It hasmarvelous effects on the skin and also on the hairs. Turmeric also has therapeutic properties, but that is not our point of discussion here. Turmeric is not only the most used spice in India, but also the most used natural treatment for enhancing beauty. Turmeric that we use is actually the root of the turmeric plant. It has natural anti-bacterial and anti-aging properties and it is one of the most active natural products used in the natural beauty treatments. So, read on to know the best beauty benefits of turmeric,
Turmeric for a clear skin
Turmeric can lighten skin pigmentation and promote a clearer skin tone due to its natural active properties. You can use turmeric paste directly onto the skin for getting the best results or you can also have turmeric mixed with warm milk to get the best benefits on your skin.
Turmeric as a cure for skin tan
Skin tanning is harmful for your skin and it can make you look really odd. Turmeric can be an effective agent to soothe the inflamed skin and clear it off quickly. Mix turmeric paste with sandalwood paste and apply onto the tanned skin to get quick and effective results.
Turmeric fights wrinkles
If wrinkles are your worst worries, include turmeric in your daily beauty care regime and you are sure to see the differences within weeks. Turmeric is rich in natural antioxidants that help in stimulating the production of natural collagen and elastin in the skin cells, enhancing skin elasticity and erasing wrinkles.
Make a pack with raw milk, turmeric powder and tomato juice. Apply this pack onto your face and let it dry. Wash off with fresh water. You can see effects on your skin within a week.
Turmeric cures acne
Getting rid of acne can be really problematic for people suffering from this condition, unless they know how to use turmeric for treating acne. Turmeric has great anti-bacterial properties and it can be very effective to cure acne.
Make a paste of turmeric and neem leaves and apply this paste onto the acne affected skin. Let the pack get dry and wash off with plain water. Repeat this treatment daily and you can see improvement in two weeks.
Turmeric can erase skin marks
Turmeric has active skin lightening properties which makes it ideal for erasing any type of skin marks. If you have stretch marks on your body, using a turmeric scrub daily on the skin of the area can be really effective.
Mix turmeric with raw milk, gram flour and few drops of lemon juice. Rub this mixture on the skin of the affected area for 5-8 minutes and then leave on for another 10 minutes before washing off with water. Repeat this treatment daily at least for two months to see visible lightening of the mark.
Turmeric can reduce the density of facial hairs
Getting rid of unwanted facial hairs can be difficult, but you can give it your best shot with a regular turmeric treatment. Turmeric has the properties to control the growth of hairs on face but you need to be patience to see the improvements.
Mix turmeric paste with gram flour or chickpea flour and rub your face with this mixture without putting much pressure on the skin. You should continue rubbing for 10-15 minutes. Then let it set for 5 minutes and wash off with water rubbing with your hands. Follow the process once daily for at least 6 months to see improvements.
Turmeric can heal cracked heels
Use a mixture of turmeric and coconut oil on the cracks on your heels. Leave on for 20 minutes and then wash off with water and pat dry. You can see improvements within a week.
Turmeric for curing dandruff
Dandruff is a scalp condition that affects every one of us one time or other during a year. Dandruff can be irritating and moreover it can trigger hair loss. Turmeric can be very effective to cure and prevent dandruff when used regularly. Make a mixture of turmeric paste and freshly prepared Aloe Vera pulp and apply the mixture onto your scalp 20 minutes before washing off.
Turmeric for treating itchy and inflamed scalp conditions
Turmeric has anti-bacterial, anti-allergic as well as anti-inflammatory effects which can be very helpful for curing scalp conditions like itchy scalp or inflammation. It can also cure fungal infections on the scalp ensuring over all better scalp health.
Tips to use turmeric
Turmeric can be used extensively in skin as well as hair care. However, in order to ensure that this natural product is able to offer the best benefits, it is important to follow some rules while using it. Read on to know the tips that you need to keep in mind while using turmeric,
- The turmeric powder available in the market is not the best form of turmeric that you can use in your beauty care regimen. Often many of these turmeric powders are mixed with other ingredients and impurities which might not be very good for your skin when used in the long run.
- If you are planning to include turmeric in your daily skin care regimen, always opt for the fresh turmeric roots. You can grind the roots to make a pure turmeric paste which can provide the maximum effectiveness on your skin or hairs.
- Soaking some turmeric roots in fresh and clean water and then grinding it into a smooth paste in the morning can be a good way to enhance the effectiveness of turmeric. It will also make it really simple to prepare the paste.
- Including fresh turmeric roots in your daily diet can also be highly helpful to give you the best skin and hair care benefits. You can simply add thin slices of fresh turmeric roots in your diet, or you can have a glass of milk mixed with the turmeric root extract right in the morning to get all the best effects of turmeric. Many also prefer to chew a small piece of turmeric root in the morning in empty stomach.
- Having turmeric regularly, mixed in your milk or in your foods can stain your teeth over time. So, it is best suggested to wash your teeth thoroughly after having the turmeric in any form.