The mother brings a new life in the world. The mother’s womb is like a playground for the unborn baby. Unborn baby turns in the womb after 10 weeks pregnancy and after 23 weeks of pregnancy the baby is said to respond to the sounds from outside. In many cultures it is believed that there is an emotional bond between the baby and the mother during pregnancy. Recently, researchers agree with the age old views that a baby is connected to the outer world before being born. Baby in the womb is at peace when the mother is relaxed. When the mother is anxious the baby is disturbed and happy when the mother is happy.
[ Hindi version ]
The mother should always introduce her baby to the world. An unborn baby can also be introduced to the world with some techniques. The relation between a mother and her baby established right from her womb. Before the baby meet her face to face, mother can give some clues which help in baby stimulation. You can easily make your baby aware about a different world just after few months when he is going to take birth. This will create a loving and cozy atmosphere around him.
Technique of stimulating baby in the womb
Speaking to baby
You must start speaking to your baby from the time he is in your womb. It is true that, the child has limited ability to hear. But, if you start speaking to me, he can easily distinguish your voice among the crowd. It is advisable for all moms speak to their babies in a loving and calm tone. Some mothers can also speak about her expectation when her baby first steps into the world. You can sing a song for your baby or recite when your baby is in the womb to stimulate him. Another way of stimulating the baby is to gently rub her belly while speaking to the baby. You can see your baby responding on each speech.
Babies love to listen to the smooth music. You can play very soothing and soft music for your baby and yourself when you are going through the pregnancy period. It is quite interesting to learn that; the baby in the uterus can easily hear some muffled tones. Since, babies are quite adapted to hear sounds and music with low pitch frequencies; you must play some low piano sounds, classic music, etc. If you want to make the music more effective for your baby, you must keep the headphone on your belly.
Maintain communication between dad and sibling
Along with mother, the communication between dad and sibling is also equally important. It is true that, a baby will always prefer mother’s voice. But, since his dad will be an effective part of his life, friendly relation between both is equally important. A father should also speak to the baby when he is in the mother’s womb. Baby can also hear a male voice which can even recognize even after his birth.
Light for stimulation
If you want to stimulate your baby, light is the wonderful medium. Babies respond really well to light. You can place the flashlight in your belly to stimulate your baby. Parents also use light to keep baby stimulated. As soon as you close your lights, your baby will also tend to sleep. Thus, mothers can also enjoy sleeping without any disturbances at night, even when her baby is in his womb. You must see the response of your baby as soon as light passes from your belly and makes a reflection in your womb. As soon as you switch on the light, your baby wakes up and starts moving. Stress should be avoided by a pregnant woman as it can affect the personality of the baby negatively.
Understand what babies may hear in the mother’s womb
The mother has to notice that preborn babies may jump at the sudden sound of drums. Preborn baby’s hearing is developed at the time of 23rd Week. It makes him to respond to outside noise. At the time of the sixth month onwards the preborn baby is aware of the outside world and influenced by what is going on. Babies agitated by rock music, by kicking violently and hear it that is calmed by classical music. You can notice that even 5 month fetus has musical ears and responds by kicking.
Understand what your baby may sense
Baby in the mother’s womb not only reacts to sound, but can perceive different tastes and sights. If you add sweetener to the amniotic fluid than the fetal gourmet doubles his rate of swallowing. If you add sour substance, then fetus slows his swallowing. You can observe the changes in the early fourth month baby frowns and response to experimental produced outside stimuli. At the time of the fifth month fetus can startle in response to a light blinking at mother’s abdomen.
Understand what baby may think
Parental researchers believed that a pregnant mother’s thoughts and feelings influence the emotional life of her preborn baby. There is indeed some connection between what you think and how your baby feels. After completing six months you are emotionally bonded with your unborn baby. It’s scientifically proved because of the hormones associated with your emotions that cross over the placenta. So make sure to be happy as much as when you are pregnant. Try to avoid stress, tensions, and emotional feelings, as they may affect the baby.
Link bond with your unborn baby
Generally, mother’s emotions don’t cross the placenta, but her hormones do. Stressed mother produces an abundance of stress hormones known as catecholamines. It in turn effect emotions. The fetus gets used to feeling chronically stressed as his system is prepared to overreact to stimuli. Babies born with an already overcharged and possibly disturbed nervous system leads more emotional disturbances and gastrointestinal upsets.
- Speak softly to the baby and share the thoughts of your mind. A mother can communicate with the unborn baby after 10 weeks. The baby cannot hear, but the vibrations of the mother’s voice can reach the skull of the baby.
- It is found that low, soft music can reach the baby’s ear through the amniotic fluid in the womb. Soft music will help to stimulate the baby. Studies have shown that unborn babies get agitated by loud music and drums and start kicking harshly and are calmed down by soft musical notes.
- The sound coming from the voice of the mother can stimulate the baby in the womb. Hence, one must read stories, talk and also sing to the unborn baby. Studies have depicted that unborn baby moves in the womb with the rhythm of their mother’s sound.
- Reading stories help in stimulating the baby. The baby can recognize the speech and pitch of the voice while telling the story.
- The baby in the womb gets the taste of the food the mother eats. The taste of the unborn can be stimulated when the mother eats a variety of foods during pregnancy. Experts say that babies develop the same tastes after being born
- The sense of smell also plays a vital role in the growth of the unborn baby.
- The stimulation of touch sensation is equally important for the baby. The baby moves, kicks and goes round in the womb. The mother can stimulate the sensation by rubbing the belly.
- The mother must think about the unborn baby and create an imaginary picture of the baby in her mind. The love, affection and warmth of the mother can be felt by the baby from inside.
- The mother needs to share the everyday experiences with the baby and plan for the preparations to be done after the child’s birth. This communication will indicate the lifestyle of the mother to the baby and prepare the baby to the surroundings and the style in which it will arrive in a few days.
- The mother’s emotional life plays a very vital role in the emotional development of the baby, which can also affect the personality in later life. Mothers who are anxious and worried all the time are found to produce anxious babies. Mothers who are disturbed in the pregnancy period and feel no attachment with the coming baby can have emotionally disturbed babies. Mothers who are relaxed and wait for the baby with love will have emotionally healthy children. Short time worries and anxiety during pregnancy does not have much effect on the child. Stress and distress of the mother can lead to a mentally disturbed child. It can also hurt the child physically and there is a risk of premature low birth weight baby.
- The thoughts of the mother are not directly linked with unborn baby by crossing the placenta, but the hormones do. There are several stress hormones produced when the mother is stressed or distressed. These hormones affect the emotions of the baby. These stress hormones cross the placenta and disturb the developing nervous system of the baby. Babies born with a disturbed nervous system suffer from abdominal upsets and emotional problems.
- The entire burden of bringing a mentally and physically healthy baby into the world lies in the hands of the mother. She must stay away for toxins in the atmosphere and eat a nutritious balanced diet. Emotions – positive or negative are found to be intense during pregnancy. The mother needs to rest, relax and resolve stress and disturbance at the earliest to give a good positive emotional start to the baby. All this will help in the development of a healthy baby. Both the mothers as well as baby will stay satisfied and content as if the child is happy and healthy, mother will also be happy.
Pregnant mothers should be responsible for the physical and emotional health of a baby. You must guard against polluted thoughts and keep your baby safe and healthy.
[ Hindi version ]