Tired of trying all the expensive acne fighting face masks available in the market but still no result? Do not worry; you can prepare some of the most effective acne fighting face masks right in your home. These masks will cost you almost nothing as the ingredients are mostly already available in your home or garden.
The best thing about the acne fighting face masks made at home is that these are free from side effects and once they heal the problem, you can be actually free from it and stay that way by continuing some minimum treatments.
Homemade acne fighting face masks are actually effective if you use them religiously. Here is the best collection of the most effective acne fighting face masks that you should try.
We do not believe mixing a lot of anti-acne ingredients all together in a single face pack can give better benefits in fighting acne. Rather we suggest keeping the formula of your acne-fighting face mask simple and if needed, try more than one formula to find which formula suits you best.
12Orange peel powder and raw honey
Orange peel powder is known for its fantastic lightening attributes which can help reduce the visibility of scars left from acne or pigmentation.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange powder
- Mix a teaspoon of honey and orange powder together, ensure the duo is thoroughly mixed together.
- Then apply on the affected areas with a cotton pad/ball.
- Leave to dry for 5 minutes then wash away with water.
11Gram flour and rosewater mask to combat acne
Gram flour is an effective remedy for acne and acne scars. It has excellent exfoliating properties that can help take off dry skin cells which in turn will lessen the appearance of acne scars.
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 1 tablespoon gram flour
- Mix two teaspoons of rose water and a tablespoon of gram flour together in a bowl.
- Apply the thick paste to your face, allow to dry thoroughly before rinsing off with water.
10Lemon and turmeric to get rid of acne
Lemon and turmeric are widely known for their remarkable bleaching properties. Turmeric is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory attributes that can help speed up the healing process of scarred tissues.
- 1-2 teaspoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- You will need 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, mix both together in a clean bowl.
- Ensure it has a smooth texture before applying on the affected areas with a cotton ball.
- Leave to dry for 10-15 minutes before washing off with water.
9Egg whites and lemon juice mask
Egg whites have the advantage of tightening and healing the skin; they are very effective against acne scars while lemon is actively effective against dark spots and acne.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Get two eggs and separate the yolk from the egg whites.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice and mix very well, then apply the pack on your face.
- Then allow it to stay on for 15-20 minutes before washing off.
- You can repeat this process until you get terrific results.
8Fuller’s earth and tea tree oil face mask
Fuller’s earth also soaks up excess oil from the skin, which helps in curing acne. Tea tree oil on the other hand is well known for its excellent antibacterial properties. A pack made with these two ingredients can work best in fighting acne.
- 5 teaspoons fuller’s earth
- 5 drops tea tree oil
- Soak 5 spoons of fuller’s earth in sufficient clean water.
- Once the earth has softened add 5 drops of tea tree oil to it and blend well.
- Apply the resulting mixture onto your face and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Once the pack is 90% dry, soak your hands in water, massage the pack lightly on your face for 1 minute and then wash off with plenty of water.
- Repeat this treatment once everyday.
7Oatmeal and manuka honey face pack
Oatmeal and Manuka honey makes the most effective acne fighting face mask for sensitive skin. If your skin gets irritated easily, it is important that you are careful about what you are using on your face.
- 3 teaspoons oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons manuka honey
- Soak 3 spoons oatmeal in adequate warm water for few minutes to make a paste.
- Now add 2 spoons of Manuka honey to this paste and mix well.
- Apply the resulting pack onto your face and leave on for 20 minutes at least.
- Soak your hands in water and rub your skin gently with the pack before washing off completely with water.
- You should use this acne fighting mask daily for best results.
6Neem-tulsi and Aloe Vera gel pack for acne
Neem and tulsi both are known for their excellent natural anti-bacterial properties. The leaves of these plants can be one of the best easy available and natural ingredients for fighting acne. Aloe Vera also soothes the skin and reduces the redness and inflammation of acne.
- 15 fresh neem leaves
- 10 fresh tulsi leaves
- Aloe Vera
- To prepare this pack, collect 15 fresh neem leaves and 10 fresh tulsi leaves.
- Wash them clean and boil in 2 cups of water until the water becomes 1/3rd.
- Now strain the leaves and discard.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and scrape out the pulp.
- Now grind a sufficient amount of this fresh Aloe Vera pulp with the neem-tulsi concoction prepared previously.
- Apply the resulting mixture onto your face and let it get dry.
- Wash off with plenty of water.
- Repeat this treatment 1-2 times a day.
5Sandalwood and turmeric acne fighting face mask
Sandalwood paste can soothe the acne-irritated skin instantly, reducing the redness and inflammation. Turmeric has excellent antibacterial properties. Here is the easy way to prepare a luxurious sandalwood-turmeric acne fighting mask,
- 2 teaspoons sandalwood
- Turmeric root
- Prepare 2 spoons of sandalwood paste by rubbing a sandalwood stick on sandstone.
- Take 4 inch fresh turmeric root, wash it clean and grind it to make a smooth paste.
- Now mix the turmeric paste with sandalwood paste and apply the resulting mixture onto your face.
- Leave on till the pack gets at least 80% dry.
- Soak your hands in water and rub your face lightly with the pack.
- Wash off with plenty of water.
4Apple cider vinegar, green tea and honey face mask for acne
Unless you have a sensitive skin, you can easily try out this effective face mask for acne. Apple Cider Vinegar, green tea and honey are antibacterial properties and helps in nourishing the skin.
- 2 teaspoons green tea leaves
- 2 teaspoons ACV
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Soak two spoons of dried green tea leaves in warm water for 10 minutes and strain.
- Take 2 spoons of ACV and add 2 spoons of the green tea concoction with it in a clean bowl.
- Now add 2 spoons of honey to it and mix well.
- Apply the resulting transparent and runny pack onto your face in layers.
- 2-3 layers are sufficient.
- Once the final layer gets dried, wash off with plenty of water.
3Fight acne with baking soda and water face pack
This one is one of the easiest acne fighting face packs that is sure to deliver results quickly. Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Baking soda pack also absorbs excess oil from the skin, which is often a major cause behind acne.
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- Take 3 spoons of baking soda and add sufficient water to it to make a pack with medium consistency.
- Apply this pack onto your cleaned face and wait for 10 minutes before washing off with plenty of water.
2Fenugreek and orange peel pack for acne
Fenugreek has a number of active ingredients that helps in nourishing and exfoliating the skin. Orange peel on the other hand, has natural antibacterial properties to kill acne causing bacteria and also gives a dose of natural antioxidants to the skin, which promotes the healing process.
- 2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 1 orange
- Take 2 spoons of fenugreek seeds, wash them clean.
- Take the peel of one orange, clean it.
- Grind the fenugreek seeds in a grinder to make a chunky paste.
- Crush the orange peel to make a paste.
- Add the two ingredients together in a bowl; mix well and apply the resulting mixture onto the face.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- Do not forget to rub your face with the pack before washing off.
1Acne fighting egg white and mint face mask
Egg white is considered as an effective treatment for acne. Mint has natural skin soothing and anti-microbial properties. By adding mint concoction with egg white you can come up with an effective acne fighting face mask for dry and sensitive skin.
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 edd
- Collect 10 numbers of fresh mint leaves.
- Wash them clean and boil in 1 cup of water till the water gets 1/3rd.
- Strain the leaves and preserve the concoction.
- Now take an egg, separate the white and add the mint concoction with it and mix the two well.
- Apply the resulting runny face pack onto your face in thin layers.
- You should apply one layer only after the layer before it has 90% dried.
- You should apply 3-4 layers and then wait for the pack to become completely dry.
- Once dry, wash off with lukewarm water.